Search results

1. VHStapes

Khas Advanced Lighting v4.2 Ultra (now with real-time shadows!)

I'm getting the same error as Skurge. I have turned off every plugin but the three Khas ones, and it still gives me the "cannot read property 'length' of undefined" error. His demo works perfectly, but even if I copy/paste events from his demo into my game, it errors. I have done and re-done...
  2. VHStapes

Ways to Improve the AI

You're right! I had tried it but didn't read through the documentation (like a noob). Looks like this should do the trick!
  3. VHStapes

Ways to Improve the AI

Thanks for the responses. I think heavily eventing is going to be the key, basically setting up each turn with a few possibilities. I think adding a lot of switches to the players abilities and character states so that I can target them in the monster controls is also going to help a lot. My...
  4. VHStapes

Ways to Improve the AI

I'm wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks for making the ai better? Maybe a better way to ask the question is, what are methods you've used to make the ai act the way you want it to?
  5. VHStapes

Instant Turn Battle

I tried so hard to get CTB to act this way, THANK YOU so much for your work. I basically got frustrated with the difficulty in balancing the other battle systems and lost interest in RPG Maker altogether for awhile.
  6. VHStapes

Free commercial village assets for Ace & MV!

These are very cool! Thanks for sharing
  7. VHStapes

Zelda Style Map Transitions

Works beautifully! Thank you :)
  8. VHStapes

Float

I'm so glad I'm not the only one haha. My wife figured it out for me  :| This game is a ton of fun! Well done :)
  9. VHStapes

Considering Starting a Youtube Channel/Blog - Topics?

I meant to have "Beginner Guides" as one of the options on the poll, because I'd be interested in doing that as well. The sample maps would make it easy to start delving in to some eventing and such right away as well.   Making myself a guideline as to what I am rating a game on is a great...
  10. VHStapes

Considering Starting a Youtube Channel/Blog - Topics?

The name of the topic (and the poll) says it all! I've been using RPG Maker since RPG Maker 2000 and while I've never finished a game, I've spent tons of time in the program, and generally have a decent amount of knowledge about it in general. I want to put this knowledge to good use (of course...
  11. VHStapes

[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Thank you thank you thank you! That makes a lot of sense. Did you mean "setting the minimum cap from 3000 to 4000" in the bolded sentence above?
  12. VHStapes

Didn't see this in time but the v1.01 from your page fixed the problem. Could you explain how the Full Gauge and Full Turn work in a little depth? In my game characters start with anywhere from 3 to 10 agi, and all characters cap out at 100 agi, so I'm wondering what a good formula would be...
  13. VHStapes

Hey Yanfly! Another great plugin :) I'm having a small issue. I have the Y position for the turn display set to 378, but when I got to the skills window, it jumps back to the default 54. I am using this...
  14. VHStapes

McSundae's Enhanced Battle System - pretty gauges, faces, different window styles & borders

I love what you're doing with this plugin, it looks great! Is there a way to change the pictures shown in battle to busts instead of faces? And/or, change where the HP & MP bars are displayed? Right now the HP bar goes through most of my character's eyes, and it looks a little funny. (figured...
  15. VHStapes

Vlue's Plugin's (Crafting,Quests,Inventory,Time,Steal)

Good to know I'm not the only one. Whoever asked if I was doing anything to the font, etc, see my previous post. I have other scripts loaded but have tested this with everything disabled but the quest script. I'll try the update but I am doubting it will help if Roguedeus is still having...
  16. VHStapes

Yanfly's and a few others, but I disabled all but this one when testing it.
  17. VHStapes

Anyone else using the Quest system and having similar issues with spacing of the text between sections?
  18. VHStapes

This is probably a really newbie issue but what system are we supposed to be using to discern what colors are equal to which numbers for the HP Gauges? It doesn't seem to take hex, it wants a 2-digit number and from just randomly throwing numbers into it I can't figure out how to get red.
  19. VHStapes

RMMV Damage Formula - ideas and help

You need to use "||" (which means "or") instead of "," between each number. So something like b.isStateAffected(4 || 5 || 6) would work, I think.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.
Electro Swing--it's like swing--but with electros.
Is it wrong to look like a dead fish at all times :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xspot