Search results

1. sleepy_sealion

Sprite Effects No Longer Working for Actors. Need help.

I can give console logging a try. Though I've never really done it before.
  2. sleepy_sealion

It's not an error which is the confusing bit. The sprite effects just don't play anymore for the actors.
  3. sleepy_sealion

Hello, my stomach is literally sick from trying to fix it and not being able to step back. But I was recreating a script that I had because I felt it got too complicated. And one of the things on that script, was giving the players sprites "sprite effects" looted from the enemy sprite scripts...
  4. sleepy_sealion

It's very hard walking away, when the last thing you did was ruin everything.

It's very hard walking away, when the last thing you did was ruin everything.
  5. sleepy_sealion

I think it was mistake to start building a second battle system. I'm getting a bit overwhelmed...

I think it was mistake to start building a second battle system. I'm getting a bit overwhelmed. Maybe I need a break from this.
  6. sleepy_sealion

This was a test for a more "front view" style battle scene I got from mucking around with...

This was a test for a more "front view" style battle scene I got from mucking around with learning note tags. Still shame about the Z stuff though.
  7. sleepy_sealion

That's a very tempting offer. I do really miss the way things were set up in Ace.

That's a very tempting offer. I do really miss the way things were set up in Ace.
  8. sleepy_sealion

Been spending alot of time trying to get certain animations to play over others by setting their...

Been spending alot of time trying to get certain animations to play over others by setting their Z coordinate. Finally checked the help file, and they don't seem to have a Z. Should have checked first. :(
  9. sleepy_sealion

I think I get the hang of using Notes for MV. Gonna tell myself I'm done with MV for today. I...

I think I get the hang of using Notes for MV. Gonna tell myself I'm done with MV for today. I need to work on non-rpg stuff!
  10. sleepy_sealion

Oh no, I meant Meta like in Note Tag stuff for MV!

Oh no, I meant Meta like in Note Tag stuff for MV!
  11. sleepy_sealion

Currently trying to understand Meta's.

Currently trying to understand Meta's.
  12. sleepy_sealion

JavaScript questions that don't deserve their own thread

Sorry if I'm butchering the language. I meant that on top of the value, I could get other things like the targets/items name and stuff like that. But it's really fine if it doesn't work out like that - since I can just think up a generic message for what I'm trying to do. Thanks for the...
  13. sleepy_sealion

That seems to have worked. Thanks! I guess as just one more question if I wanted to get multiple variables out of a function or method, I'd just have to make similar lines, except for each variable I'm trying to reference?
  14. sleepy_sealion

I'm trying to use it like how you'd use an alias in Ruby. So it is just exactly like how it's posted at the end of my scripts. So it should be getting called when the original makeDamageValue is called.
  15. sleepy_sealion

Does that mean you can't reference variables from the original methods when you do things like this?
  16. sleepy_sealion

I did some more experimentation with my code from yesterday. And I made sure value was spelled right this time! It seems that the damage value gets lost somewhere. Using "return 10" will result in 10 damage. But using "return value" results in an error message that value is undefined. Does...
  17. sleepy_sealion

@TheoAllen - Oh my god. That was it. :eswt: Though now nobody's doing any damage. But at least for now, it is saying "Poop". So that's progress. Thanks!
  18. sleepy_sealion

Need a bit of help understanding something. I have this code here I'm trying to insert into an old method, but I get an error of "cannot read property call is undefined". const gameActionElementReactionMessageDisplay = Game_Action.prototype.makeDamageVaule...
  19. sleepy_sealion

I probably could have gotten my second game done by now if I stopped caring about the "visual"...

I probably could have gotten my second game done by now if I stopped caring about the "visual" stuff. People told me not to get married to ideas, but it's hard to let hard work go.
  20. sleepy_sealion

Game & Map Screenshots 11

It's been awhile since I've posted here. Thought I would share the battle-thing I've been working on and off on. It's more sprite based, instead of using a sheet. Right now it's kind of buggy with flickering issues at the start and end. I think the attacking looks OK. But I might go back and...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.
Electro Swing--it's like swing--but with electros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xspot