Search results

1. Ksi

Survey for females

I'll bite. 1. What are your 3 favorite story based games? (can be either RPG or adventure) Suikoden 2, Breath of Fire 2, Suikoden V 2. Who are your 3 favorite video game characters? (from any game) Katt, Amaterasu, Nanami 3. Name your 3 favorite video game worlds / setting? (ie, FF6 or FF7 or...
  2. Ksi

Who could tell you otherwise when you spit the hard truths, my dude?

Who could tell you otherwise when you spit the hard truths, my dude?
  3. Ksi

Please note that I'm pretty sure the themes aren't quite finished yet, though!

Please note that I'm pretty sure the themes aren't quite finished yet, though!
  4. Ksi

To change to dark view on the new layout, scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the...

To change to dark view on the new layout, scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the paintbrush, then pick the version you want! >.<)b
  5. Ksi

The RPG Maker Meme Thread

is star carpets here? has one of my terrible friends already posted that sheep here? they better not have.
  6. Ksi

/me looks at Berserk, Monster, Akira, Hellsing ...for babies, you say? >.>

/me looks at Berserk, Monster, Akira, Hellsing ...for babies, you say? >.>
  7. Ksi

Game & Map Screenshots 11

Okay, first things first, it's far too large. You could make a map 1/4 of the size and still have everything in it that you have in the current one. The paths are missing the proper edting. There are dead bushes in the river. The cliffs are all straight lines. With the chimney, I'd recommend...
  8. Ksi

The rumors in the rpg

@Kupotepo I don't think confusing the player is a good idea, ever. Especially if you want to encourage them to talk to your NPCs. If you tell them via one that there's a frog monster that poisons you and then someone else goes "I saw a cute little frog what a cutie!" and makes out that it's not...
  9. Ksi

The rumors in the rpg

NPCs and rumours are a great way of sharing gameplay information with the player without explicitly stating weaknesses, skills and the like. If you're going to use you're NPCs in this way, please don't actually do what Kupotepo recommends and lie to your player. Bad game dev! BAD! You could, of...
  10. Ksi

Join in the creation of RMN Music Pack 2

Dawww, we love you guys too! <3
  11. Ksi

Sometimes steam updates games when there's a sale on. There's currently a sale on. That might be...

Sometimes steam updates games when there's a sale on. There's currently a sale on. That might be the thing.
  12. Ksi

What RPG Maker i should choose?

Most of them have trials or demos so try them out and see which one you can make heads or tails of best.
  13. Ksi

Story vs Gameplay - which is more important in a RPG

Cool and all, but what if you want both in the games you play? What if you want the developer to have worked on both so that they're both great? What if you appreciate great gameplay paired with great storytelling? Or are we not allowed to have that preference? >.>
  14. Ksi

Maps: Simple VS. Complex

...sorry but that lighting is terrible. It blurs the map, throws weird filters over it for no reason and brings nothing to it (a tint would work just as well to give the night-time look). It does nothing to enhance the map and makes it look terrible. The lack of shadows is not a problem. The...
  15. Ksi

I disagree with the both of you and think you just don't want to concede the point. Most RM games use the lighting I showed - they use KHAS lighting defaults, they throw horrible black over a map or light pouring down from the sky in a nonsensical array of sunbeams and they look terrible and...
  16. Ksi

RTP by itself stands out just fine if you know how to make use of it. Good level design is always going to be a good thing. It's shitty RTP use that you're talkinga bout. So, no, I'm saying lazy devs often use them to cover actual mapping issues and hide their bad practices and they shouldn't...
  17. Ksi

Story vs Gameplay - which is more important in a RPG

Why not both? No, seriously. Aim to do the best in both areas that you are capable of. Be open to feedback. Learn what you need to to do better. Do both.
  18. Ksi

Game & Map Screenshots 10

Okay, I'm gonna say it. I had to talk about this on stream earlier today, so I'm doing it again. Go turn all the lights off in your room. Light a candle. See how much of your room you can see? Most of it. PLEASE MAKE YOUR LIGHT SOURCES MUCH BRIGHTER! Sorry, just had to get that off my chest...
  19. Ksi

Crafting sucks?

I really like crafting in games, especially RPGs or Survival games. It's just fun to me to get some extra items, gather ingredients and make your own stuff out of them, especially if there's a fair amount of stuff to collect/create. Granted, some crafting systems are a bit bleh. I'm not a fan...
  20. Ksi

Maps do not NEED lighting effects. A good map can be enhanced by them into something truly wonderful, but it's not a necessity. Besides, a few minor edits can help graphics look different similar, yet still different enough, so that they can have that variance but still fit in well. Hell, you...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.
Electro Swing--it's like swing--but with electros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xspot