Search results

1. Isaac The Red

Mobile Push Notifications

Yea, the engine just isn't built with that in mind. JRPGs are its intended focus, though I've seen all manner of different games made in the engine. Just that type of game would require a lot of external work to function. Though I've seen multiplayer mom style games built in RPG Maker in the...
  2. Isaac The Red

How to Fix Game Lag in Android?

While there are many things that will contribute to lag, one major thing you can do for a game you plan on releasing on Android is minimize your file sizes. Lower bitrate audio, lower the quality a bit on resources... hum.. like in Photoshop, when saving, there is a save for web option that has...
  3. Isaac The Red

Mobile Push Notifications

First you have to kind of understand exactly what push notifications are, and how they work in regards to apps. For an app to actually make use of push notifications it needs to have a process running in the background of the device. And with the way RPG Maker MV handles game functions nothing...
  4. Isaac The Red

What One Thing In RPG Maker Would You Like To See?

I've made my statement on the past via this post https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/database-plugin-manager-ect-not-locking-you-out-of-the-rest-of-the-editor.79837/ but to reiterate. Allow people to have access to more than a single portion of the editor at any given time. As my...
  5. Isaac The Red

Time Crisis type play in RPG Maker MV

It would require some rewriting of the code base, as clicking anywhere causes you to move to that location by default, you would need 8 way movement as well. To be honest, it may just be more practical overall to use GameMaker, or PixelGameMakerMV etc to implement this kind of game, usually...
  6. Isaac The Red

Luna Engine MV Devlog

This popped up in my Google News feed today, amazing work. Though your sneak peek at the configuration is broken. :3
  7. Isaac The Red

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWwTGgqzRps If you can help, our boy Drifty will be needing it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWwTGgqzRps If you can help, our boy Drifty will be needing it coming up here. Send him some love!
  8. Isaac The Red

Sideview Enemy Sprite misbehaves quite a bit.

Glad we're starting to get things sorted. Yes I was being quite direct on starting out with just the basics to make sure the plugin works as intended from the the default side of things, so we could go down the list. The Animated SV Battlers plugin can be really powerfull, but It needs some good...
  9. Isaac The Red

@[19858:@Amysaurus] Check out ebay, or local computer repair shops, a lot of the times you can...

@[19858:@Amysaurus] Check out ebay, or local computer repair shops, a lot of the times you can find a replacement official charger on the cheap that came from a scrapped machine that couldn't be fixed.
  10. Isaac The Red

An actual project demo.

I did actually miss that announcement, Thank you. I do think at least one should be bundled with the editor though as not everyone passes through these forums.
  11. Isaac The Red

Multi-touch and improved DIR PAD

That's the ticket, afaik no one has made anything remotely like what your after specifically with rpgmakermv android releases in mind. There might be on screen controller code snippets you can find for android development. Though I don't really have any experience in that department.
  12. Isaac The Red

RPGM v1.6.1's Game Tester Can't be Streamed?

Two monitor setups are super helpful for streaming, but if you don't have a second screen to use, or the space to use a second screen, look into setting up hotkeys for the streaming software to use, so that you can start/stop streaming with a button press rather than needing to physically click...
  13. Isaac The Red

Multi-touch and improved DIR PAD

I think in this case you would have to code such an input into the app that's wrapping your game for android/ios. since in general web browsers themselves only expect one point of click at a time, and usually register 2 points of contact only as a pinch to zoom kind of feature... It's a bit of a...
  14. Isaac The Red

Not a fan of macs myself, but congrats on the progress :D

Not a fan of macs myself, but congrats on the progress :D
  15. Isaac The Red

Huh... well, good luck with the publishing! Hope it sells. :3

Huh... well, good luck with the publishing! Hope it sells. :3
  16. Isaac The Red

Part of me is surprised word perfect is still a thing that exists... the other part of me is...

Part of me is surprised word perfect is still a thing that exists... the other part of me is trying to figure out exactly why you needed word perfect specifically...
  17. Isaac The Red

Sideview Enemy Sprite misbehaves quite a bit.

With that plugin list there's nothing conflicting, its the format of that sprite sheet. it's a single animation and doesn't follow what would be the same indexing, so the note tags used are confusing the plugins. Use ONLY <Sideview Battler: Actor1_1> in the note box of an enemy, and put that...
  18. Isaac The Red

Comment Event Achievement idea

You call the common event on page 1 of each book case event. That way the achievement event only runs when you read a new bookcase, it wont visibly do anything until say someone reads their 50th bookcase and the variable reaches fifty then the event can do whatever it is you want it to, show...
  19. Isaac The Red

@Silva OMG... my brain... I totally overlooked that being the thing. Why am I dumb for no reason at unpredictable times.
  20. Isaac The Red

@Silva Good points but how would you make that event only increase the variable the FIRST time you read the book, and not every time you read the book?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.
Electro Swing--it's like swing--but with electros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xspot