Search results

1. cyanic

RPG Maker MV to Android exporter tool by MBTY

Make sure you're using the latest Google Play libraries.
  2. cyanic

Third-party application access through OAuth?

Third-party application access through OAuth?
  3. cyanic

Recognize

A bit like OneShot, eh? You can try writing a file to disk somewhere that the player wouldn't easily find.
  4. cyanic

Runtime macro expansion with plugin commands

This is a technique you can use to insert reusable code components in your events, while taking advantage of the flexibility JavaScript provides. Requirements: Ability to make a plugin Willingness to dig through engine code Knowledge of how the interpreter works and how commands are stored...
  5. cyanic

Exporting to Android (MV Android Client)

Measuring by the feedback I have on my app, probably about the same. Doesn't work too well for low-end and even some middle-tier devices. That's mostly because of how inefficient the RPG Maker runtime itself is, I'd rather use a subset or reimplement it natively (don't think that'll work out...
  6. cyanic

Finally... my CI pipeline works. Now all I have to do to get a build on Steam is to push and...

Finally... my CI pipeline works. Now all I have to do to get a build on Steam is to push and click a couple buttons in GitLab.
  7. cyanic

Ooh... I can probably make a tool to extract all the text from text boxes.

Ooh... I can probably make a tool to extract all the text from text boxes.
  8. cyanic

Uploading to Steam... They decided that I've failed too many times and is now asking for the...

Uploading to Steam... They decided that I've failed too many times and is now asking for the Steam Guard code every time.
  9. cyanic

Possible to find a pictures X?

If it's printing out a function, you should probably run it as a function. Basically a lot of the data are exposed through getters, which are functions that retrieve the values you need for you.
  10. cyanic

Saving lags my game, why?

Better question: which plugins?
  11. cyanic

Way to adjust message window location?

I don't think Message Core has built-in adjustment for positioning except for the name box, so you'll have to add your own code or use someone else's. There's this, which lets you place the window wherever, though it doesn't allow you to change the width of the box and isn't really written to...
  12. cyanic

Issue opening MV in steam

Folder could possibly be locked by antivirus software. I suggest deleting that folder, then verifying integrity.
  13. cyanic

Why does \n not work in text boxes for a new line?

You would be introducing duplicated logic, as Window_Base#process_character already handles the newline.
  14. cyanic

That too. However, if using the default message editor, backslashes are escaped, which leads to processing that results in not seeing newlines.
  15. cyanic

This is the VX Ace forum... As for the original question, it's because the string preconvert routine turned it into "\en", which is not a recognized escape sequence. If you add result.gsub!(/\en/) { "\n" } to Window_Base#convert_escape_characters, it'll turn it into a proper "\n"...
  16. cyanic

If I could get my paws on one of those problematic devices, I'd probably have it debugged in no...

If I could get my paws on one of those problematic devices, I'd probably have it debugged in no time. But it works on my fairly awful phone, so dunno what's happening on devices that are arguably better/newer.
  17. cyanic

Trying to figure out why RPG Maker is breaking for half the people on Android... it's not easy...

Trying to figure out why RPG Maker is breaking for half the people on Android... it's not easy. So little information...
  18. cyanic

That I think is an odd way of looking at the issue, since having a .keep file doesn't cause any problems, and it is reasonable to expect the project to be set up to avoid any manual setup steps when it could just be shipped as a part of the repo. (Of course, you could counterpoint that not...
  19. cyanic

Just a thought, what if you retain the assets folder by adding a .keep file?
  20. cyanic

Recent Git commits: "Fix typos", "Fix typo", "Fix typo", "Keep empty folder", "Fix typo"

Recent Git commits: "Fix typos", "Fix typo", "Fix typo", "Keep empty folder", "Fix typo"

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.
Electro Swing--it's like swing--but with electros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UsoILA