Search results

1. futrchamp

My recurring nightmare after once losing a 3TB drive with projects, documents, and sounds that I...

My recurring nightmare after once losing a 3TB drive with projects, documents, and sounds that I hadn't backed up for a month :kaodes: best of luck recovering your work! :kaoluv:
  2. futrchamp

Ready to fight!? :kaojoy...

Ready to fight!? :kaojoy: https://soundcloud.com/ryanfogleman/prepare-for-battle-elohim-eternal-the-babel-code
  3. futrchamp

statistically...there should be a lot more insectkin per capita

statistically...there should be a lot more insectkin per capita
  4. futrchamp

Wrote a nautical town theme~ https://soundcloud.com/ryanfogleman/rogues-of-midmohr-port-town

Wrote a nautical town theme~ https://soundcloud.com/ryanfogleman/rogues-of-midmohr-port-town
  5. futrchamp

Often, it is easier for us to feel comfortable thinking that we have come a firm, unfalsifiable...

Often, it is easier for us to feel comfortable thinking that we have come a firm, unfalsifiable, "rational" conclusion that to accept that we rarely have knowledge of all relevant variables. That feeling of comfort should not come before truth. (Ramble over, hehe :3)
  6. futrchamp

An inquiring mind should be quite familiar with both (and vastly more) perspectives - in many...

An inquiring mind should be quite familiar with both (and vastly more) perspectives - in many cases the brute-force, classical rationality of Socrates is adequate to answer a question, but not always.
  7. futrchamp

However, acknowledging that there are vast gaps in human understanding of the world, and that...

However, acknowledging that there are vast gaps in human understanding of the world, and that belief and value systems can be influenced by centuries of cultural mechanisms, is NOT the same as rejecting rationality or logic.
  8. futrchamp

The point is that humanity's knowledge, value systems, and basic logical/philosophical tenets by...

The point is that humanity's knowledge, value systems, and basic logical/philosophical tenets by nature cannot be "objective" in the sense of absolute facts, because our collection of knowledge was ultimately built by a relatively small group of (imperfect) human minds, all of whom had unique...
  9. futrchamp

That phenomenon can even be observed in concrete, "objective" physical reality - special...

That phenomenon can even be observed in concrete, "objective" physical reality - special relativity shows that there is no absolute reference frame wherein our physical laws operate.
  10. futrchamp

@[103608:@Philosophus Vagus], it seems to me that may be broadly misunderstanding (and...

@[103608:@Philosophus Vagus], it seems to me that may be broadly misunderstanding (and mischaracterizing) postmodernism as an outright rejection of truth and rationalism. Reality is subjective in that the same events can be perceived differently based on the observer's perspective.
  11. futrchamp

Graduated university with honors, and now I'm back to the forums with a vengeance ;3

Graduated university with honors, and now I'm back to the forums with a vengeance ;3
  12. futrchamp

I wrote a dark, Celtic-inspired hybrid orchestral track for a commission...

I wrote a dark, Celtic-inspired hybrid orchestral track for a commission! https://soundcloud.com/ryanfogleman/necroficer-main-theme
  13. futrchamp

Congratulations!

Congratulations!
  14. futrchamp

Festive song for a snow level, yay for winter solstice! Happy holidays, everyone :kaojoy...

Festive song for a snow level, yay for winter solstice! Happy holidays, everyone :kaojoy: https://soundcloud.com/ryanfogleman/fares-snowy
  15. futrchamp

It explains the basics of reading and writing music, as well as instructions on setting up free...

It explains the basics of reading and writing music, as well as instructions on setting up free digital audio software. Basically, the tutorial will cover various musical concepts like melody, harmony, rhythm, structure and texture with examples of their use in actual game soundtracks, and I'll...
  16. futrchamp

Finally close to releasing my RPG-based music theory/composition tutorial! :kaopride:

Finally close to releasing my RPG-based music theory/composition tutorial! :kaopride:
  17. futrchamp

I wrote an industrial hip-hop orchestral battle track for a Lovecraftian monster :LZSevil...

I wrote an industrial hip-hop orchestral battle track for a Lovecraftian monster :LZSevil: https://soundcloud.com/ryanfogleman/erupt-orision
  18. futrchamp

RMMV Project Edel - a horror and fairy tale inspired game.

Beautiful, I love Amara's design and the spooky atmosphere :kaoluv: Can't wait to see this project blossom!
  19. futrchamp

Are good ideas important?

I absolutely agree with you that, when broken down to their most fundamental descriptions, a lot of successful games and franchises seem to be built off of ideas that seem like they'd never work. I think in the end the experience of the player (focusing on games) comes down much more to the...
  20. futrchamp

Good luck! I think you will do well, as you seem to have a very good command of English :)

Good luck! I think you will do well, as you seem to have a very good command of English :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?
Writing down my ideas for my next game during break times at work XD I need to finish my current one very soon.
I survived Baudelaire and Bukowski, but I can't face C. Lispector. :kaoswt:
I'm a bit late, but Happy New Year to everyone! And to all of those who have an Asian heritage that celebrates the New Year, I wish you all get many fat red envelopes hehehe~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
severopv