Search results

1. BlissAuthority

How do I make enemies that kill the rest of the enemies when they die?

Yep, that did the trick. It didn't do jack about the BGM but it did make poor Arumvorax die properly/ Thanks!
  2. BlissAuthority

Currently participating in My First Game Jam

Currently participating in My First Game Jam
  3. BlissAuthority

How do I make enemies that kill the rest of the enemies when they die?

I feel like this is an embarrassingly noob question, but still. I have a boss fight against a dragon, which is much harder than it sounds because he's actually four blokes - Arumvorax the Red (the head), Squishy Belly, Hot Wings and Red Tail. Naturally, when you kill the head (good luck with...
  4. BlissAuthority

Dark, Tan, and Pale RPGMaker DS characters?

Already picked them up.
  5. BlissAuthority

I might look into that (or, honestly, getting GIMP for the low price of free if the best suggestion the board has got is just "spend money on the problem"), but it would save a LOT of time and effort for what's meant to be a one-month game jamish project if these are already available.
  6. BlissAuthority

I was wondering if someone had made variants of the DS and DS+ sprites that had and dark and tan skin. Pale skin would be a nice bonus as well. If not, I'd like to formally request some - specifically of a dark and tan Heroine and Elf set, but if anyone has "all of the above" lying around that...
  7. BlissAuthority

Visual Novel Maker

This has been my experience with visual VN/KN editors as well. Hell, most of them don't do chaptering. Between that and my good experiences working with Ren'Py, I figured it was a fair question.
  8. BlissAuthority

Visual Novel Maker

What features will this have that will justify the price over, say, Ren'Py?
  9. BlissAuthority

Ms Littlefish's Fishbowl of Free Music

You have a villain theme called "A Face You Want To Punch."  That's incredible. Thanks for making these tracks available!
  10. BlissAuthority

Avy's Icon Workshop [Back to buisness!]

I just wanted to let you know that I'm using your VX to MV icons for my Game Jam project and they're fantastic.
  11. BlissAuthority

Plot and Character Feedback

They're supernatural creatures with broad command over a concept.  I think calling one an "Archon of foo" is rather fitting.  (Solve for foo.) And no, it has nowhere near the same connotations as "demon."  That's the entire point.
  12. BlissAuthority

I like this idea a lot.  That said, "Preserving balance" is super vague (although you go on to explain exactly what you mean); is it something like the portals being the source of magic in the world or a necessary shunt for energy into both worlds or something? This might be a feature of the...
  13. BlissAuthority

How do you come up with names for your characters?

More that it should be consistent and phonetic if you're going that route.
  14. BlissAuthority

On the subject of modern names:  I am sometimes amused by the practice of mispelling or slurring modern names to come up with your Original Fantasy Name, do not iron (or wash with bleach). I'm looking right at you, Peeta. And at every Meri in YA fiction. Phonetic spelling can result in some...
  15. BlissAuthority

Swan Song

Relax.  You're welcome to the name: that character ended up in something else of mine anyway.  And yes, good to hear you've got a composer for your music based game starring a bard.
  16. BlissAuthority

GLITCHED - An existential RPG (FUNDED ON KICKSTARTER!)

I know you're probably getting sick of being compared to Undertale, but y'know what?  You come off looking good in the comparison.  This is an extremely exciting project that's doing everything right so far, and I'm stoked that you got Kickstarted.
  17. BlissAuthority

I'm a sucker for meaningful names, so I go to babyname websites and plug in meanings until I find something useful. Among other things, this is how I found out that Ralph's name lives up to the meme.  It's short for Radulf, which means "Wolf's Council." This can result in cross-language...
  18. BlissAuthority

It can be that too.  Etrian Odyssey makes it about colonialism in particular by having: Adventurers plundering everything they can reach From lands where sapient monsters (that is, people) live, Who are called savages (and therefore okay to kill) by the authorities of the town the...
  19. BlissAuthority

This could be an excellent set up for horror, or for a lategame swerve into Lovecraftian themes, and on those grounds I'm all for it. Exploring the depths of the labyrinth being a very, very bad idea - and a metaphor for colonialism - is standard operating procedure for the EO games.  I'm not...
  20. BlissAuthority

Swan Song

I hate you so much for making a game with that Final Fantasy riff as the name and making it about a bard, because you're making infinitely better use of it than I wanted to and you published first. This sounds ambitious and intriguing.  Let me know when the demo is out. Oh, and you...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?
Writing down my ideas for my next game during break times at work XD I need to finish my current one very soon.
I survived Baudelaire and Bukowski, but I can't face C. Lispector. :kaoswt:
I'm a bit late, but Happy New Year to everyone! And to all of those who have an Asian heritage that celebrates the New Year, I wish you all get many fat red envelopes hehehe~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
severopv