3. DarknessFalls

this is a bad idea, please use clamp

this is a bad idea, please use clamp
  4. DarknessFalls

Videogames you're bad at.

None. 
  5. DarknessFalls

Auto-Save Plugin

this might save me from writing the plugin although i might for my game as i have specific use cases
  6. DarknessFalls

Can you "include" JS from a separate file?

This seems super sketch, I would either use ES6 or nothing at all ... Personally.
  7. DarknessFalls

What am i missing? - Default params in plugins

oh so this isnt a bug?  this makes sense, I was testing my currencies script and I thought that @default meant "if nothing or empty string then use @default"
  8. DarknessFalls

What am i missing? - Default params in plugins

Consider for a moment the following example:   /*: * @plugindesc Allows you to add a new currency or set of currencies to the game * such currencies can include things like "clay pot" or "silver coin" they are then * used in shops. * @author Adam Balan (AKA: DarknessFalls) * * @param...
  9. DarknessFalls

I need 800% of salt >.>

I need 800% of salt >.>
  10. DarknessFalls

Ive come a cross a couple of those in my stuff. I have learned to test smaller chunks of...

Ive come a cross a couple of those in my stuff. I have learned to test smaller chunks of functionality :)
  11. DarknessFalls

Beat Beat ... Hahaha

Beat Beat ... Hahaha
  12. DarknessFalls

Because it doesnt stop you from using it, plus I use mac equivalent which is better :)

Because it doesnt stop you from using it, plus I use mac equivalent which is better :)
  13. DarknessFalls

Everything's so cute and tiny

Everything's so cute and tiny
  14. DarknessFalls

Auto-Save Plugin

Whats the increment this should save on, every 1 ... 2 .... 3 .... 10... 15.... 30 minutes? You can also do auto save based on events, plot points and so on if that your thing. 
  15. DarknessFalls

Scrolling window

Make a select window, it allows you to scroll content.
  16. DarknessFalls

Can you "include" JS from a separate file?

You can but its not supported, you'll need babel and to understand either ES6 imports or node require/exports this will allow you to import and export files. I do this for all my plugins. The resulting code is transpiled and not (really) readable, but thats why you also link to the source code :)
  17. DarknessFalls

Helping me reduce this Method size

Each on of the inner if statements can be a method.
  18. DarknessFalls

What's the WORST advice you can give as a game developer?

thats like donald trump saying putin is a gawd.
  19. DarknessFalls

Share the way you Alias functions

Um  With ES6, yes I know not every one is like me, but with ES6 we have more of a true concept of classes and classes are a form of encapsulation. Because ES6 classes are a thin wrapped on prototypes, you could argue that prototypes are in them selves a form of encapsulation. The true...
  20. DarknessFalls

Do something ONCE on region touch in a parallel process

I actually found another way to get around it. But thanks for the idea.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.
Trauma, drama, llamas--sadly the only one of those things I'm not experiencing RN is the camelids.
Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?
Writing down my ideas for my next game during break times at work XD I need to finish my current one very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Batmanfangirl98