Search results

1. Philosophus Vagus

Probably true about most any historical figure whose been idealized...or demonized for that...

Probably true about most any historical figure whose been idealized...or demonized for that matter. You tend to realize that they are just faulty humans working their way into or out of adverse circumstances, rather than the great savior or evil monster that history makes of them, in most cases.
  2. Philosophus Vagus

I dont believe in blocking people but I'm gonna make an exception for you since every single...

I dont believe in blocking people but I'm gonna make an exception for you since every single time you resort to blanket ad homenims, piss me off then I say sheep that gets me modded. It probably bothers you because you see how much of a hypocrite you are and it makes you uncomfortable, and you...
  3. Philosophus Vagus

That's right, your that animal loving/nature hating hypocrite who keeps calling me "irredeemably...

That's right, your that animal loving/nature hating hypocrite who keeps calling me "irredeemably evil" every time I engage you in conversation no matter what the subject matter because of your one track mind. No wonder such a hateful person is also so thin skinned as to take offense because they...
  4. Philosophus Vagus

I mean unless you are killing hunters in your spare time or something, I don't see why it should...

I mean unless you are killing hunters in your spare time or something, I don't see why it should make you feel like a villain just because the game portrays someone who is. People who are relatable can still be bad people, sometimes the fact that they are relatable can even be what makes a...
  5. Philosophus Vagus

Why take it so personally? I'm a backwoods guy who lives in the middle of nowhere for instance...

Why take it so personally? I'm a backwoods guy who lives in the middle of nowhere for instance, pretty much every horror movie villain that isn't a ghost is a caricaturized stereotype of me (not even kidding, I actually even had a guy offer me money to shoot parts of a horror film on my property...
  6. Philosophus Vagus

Yeah, I gave up on mine this year. Too ambitious, too little time. Not sure why I still come...

Yeah, I gave up on mine this year. Too ambitious, too little time. Not sure why I still come here to be honest.
  7. Philosophus Vagus

Good for you, social media is poison.

Good for you, social media is poison.
  8. Philosophus Vagus

I think the attraction is mostly supposed to be supernatural. In folklore they wouldnt even be...

I think the attraction is mostly supposed to be supernatural. In folklore they wouldnt even be corporeal but invade your dreams and seduce you there, cant exactly have the nuance of is the monster or the human wrong there though, plus how terrible would that be having to invade someone's sex...
  9. Philosophus Vagus

But then, I never cared for achievements in games anyway, so I enjoy them more when they are...

But then, I never cared for achievements in games anyway, so I enjoy them more when they are jokey like that than when they try to make you obsessively play the game to some min/max perfect standard.
  10. Philosophus Vagus

I wouldn't call it an achievement but I do get a chuckle out of games tying them to morbid crap...

I wouldn't call it an achievement but I do get a chuckle out of games tying them to morbid crap that only weirdos like me would think to do, like jumping up into the helicopter blades at the intro to Prey rather than boarding, or mocks you for fricking up like the dunce Achievement you get in...
  11. Philosophus Vagus

Why I'm the uncle who always gives books. Does anyone these days even read books, probably not...

Why I'm the uncle who always gives books. Does anyone these days even read books, probably not, but I do. So you get a book.
  12. Philosophus Vagus

RMMV Witch's weapon ?

A familiar. Give her a black cat that transforms into a demon to attack with or something, both traditional and different at the same time.
  13. Philosophus Vagus

Do you know where he's from? Probably a cultural thing, I grew up in Alabama and from the moment...

Do you know where he's from? Probably a cultural thing, I grew up in Alabama and from the moment I turned 20 pretty much all older acquaintances started asking me that, been all over and never had it posed anywhere else though, but down there it's a common greeting to badger the young about...
  14. Philosophus Vagus

So yeah, death stranding is a pass for me. Then again the last game I paid more than 10 bucks...

So yeah, death stranding is a pass for me. Then again the last game I paid more than 10 bucks for was vampyr, I dont tend to buy games at full price for the most part.
  15. Philosophus Vagus

I never got what made Kojima such a legend in the first place. Metal gear just came off as a...

I never got what made Kojima such a legend in the first place. Metal gear just came off as a cringy amalgamation of milsim, anime tropes and just random weirdness, I couldnt take it seriously and never understood how others regarded it in such high esteem.
  16. Philosophus Vagus

And then you hit the revision process and realize you are only half done and have to go all the...

And then you hit the revision process and realize you are only half done and have to go all the way back...then somewhere along the way you realized you left sometging important at tje finish, and back and forth and back you go.
  17. Philosophus Vagus

"Write drunk, edit sober" ~possibly Hemingway, but more likely someone impersonating Hemingway.

"Write drunk, edit sober" ~possibly Hemingway, but more likely someone impersonating Hemingway.
  18. Philosophus Vagus

Just because someone assumes ill intent behind an action should not make it a crime. This is how...

Just because someone assumes ill intent behind an action should not make it a crime. This is how we create a world where everyone is afraid to interact. I am, because I am socially awkward. I would never approach a stanger on the streets because of stories like these, and because I've learned...
  19. Philosophus Vagus

The article I linked covered that too, I still don't think that's grounds for finding someone...

The article I linked covered that too, I still don't think that's grounds for finding someone guilty of assault. He was trying to get her attention, she didn't so much as acknowledge him, should he have inferred from that that she didn't want anything to do with him and left it at that, probably...
  20. Philosophus Vagus

@[4574:@The Stranger]...

@[4574:@The Stranger] https://reason.com/2019/10/11/manchester-teen-griffiths-sex-offender-friend/ He was found guilty and sentenced a couple weeks ago.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.
Trauma, drama, llamas--sadly the only one of those things I'm not experiencing RN is the camelids.
Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?
Writing down my ideas for my next game during break times at work XD I need to finish my current one very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Batmanfangirl98