Search results

1. xdan

https://itch.io/jam/gmtk-2019

https://itch.io/jam/gmtk-2019
  2. xdan

Anyone else working on the GMTK Game Jam?

Anyone else working on the GMTK Game Jam?
  3. xdan

Actually imagine a game where Silence is a positive status that increases accuracy because it...

Actually imagine a game where Silence is a positive status that increases accuracy because it prevents the user from yelling out the skill name.
  4. xdan

Dunno who you are but Niko is :thumbsup-left::thumbsup-left::thumbsup-left:

Dunno who you are but Niko is :thumbsup-left::thumbsup-left::thumbsup-left:
  5. xdan

"Secret Attack from Behind!" *enemy hears and dodges* "How could my secret attack fail!?"

"Secret Attack from Behind!" *enemy hears and dodges* "How could my secret attack fail!?"
  6. xdan

Any ideas for a title of a Water Goddess?

You know, the deep sea is fricking terrifying. You can go with something like The Deep, The Dark, The Unknowable, The Bottomless, The Hidden Horror, The Abyssal,...
  7. xdan

Post interesting skills you made here

You know, half of these sound so broken they would either break the game or need have a 0,01% success rate/need to make the bosses inmune, thus rendering them pointless.
  8. xdan

the heroes of the story: by destiny or by chance?

My settings are rarely so simple that the protagonist can be either of those things. For one, I have this game where the protagonist is a being that lives in other dimension and is using a machine to control a body in our dimension. That's not chance, and certainly not a prophecy.
  9. xdan

How do you rationalize a limited party in battle?

Oh but I DID go as far to explain why everyone is taking turns in one of my games: you are a higher entity with the ability to control time, and the characters are mentally controlled by you. It ssems like there are turns because you freeze time after every action to plan your next move. And...
  10. xdan

Favorite plots or settings in an RPG?

Btw this is "not complete my list", it's "make your own list". You can repeat games that have already been said. (In fact, if you don't, I'll assume they're not among your favorites.)
  11. xdan

What do you mean by "storytelling"? The way the narrative is constructed, rather than the specific plot ideas it narrates?
  12. xdan

Gonna include an npc whose house was destroyed and asks the player to install a mod that brings...

Gonna include an npc whose house was destroyed and asks the player to install a mod that brings back his house.
  13. xdan

What are the RPG(s) that you consider masterpieces in narrative/world building? I'll start: -Xenogears (Plot) -Xenoblade (Plot and Setting) -Mass Effect Trilogy (Plot and Setting) -Dark Souls (Setting) -Bloodborne (Setting) -Undertale (Plot) -The Witcher Trilogy (Plot and Setting) -The Last...
  14. xdan

Let's talk about escaping from battle

Since I'm making a really hard game, I give players a 100% escape rate. If the player knows he is going to lose, might as well not waste his time. The game is already frustrating enough as it is. You can't progress unless you complete every battle, so they will have to come back and win at some...
  15. xdan

Encyclopedia

That could work. However, I have one more request: I use Word Wrapping Message Boxes, by KilloZapit, but it doesn't seem to work with Sakuraba's E. for some reason. I've seen it work with other scripts, so I don't get why it's a problem. Do you think you can fix that? I'm checking it and yes...
  16. xdan

Encyclopedia

17. xdan

Games that give you that warm feeling

Recently played Night in the Woods. Loved it. Definitely gives me that warmth.
  18. xdan

Well bye everyone, just bought Sekiro, no one will hear about me for a month.

Well bye everyone, just bought Sekiro, no one will hear about me for a month.
  19. xdan

Let's talk about critical damage

Heh. This one is short. I removed crits from my game entirely. I might add them in a non RNG form later in development, but for now, away they go. I just calculated it, you're actually losing 4% damage if you use a bow without proficiency.
  20. xdan

Discussing Dialogue

First, I make characters with very defined personalities. How energic they are, how they behave in front of others, what they like and dislike, etc. This guy is a prankster, he can do this and that, he is always doing this, he is hurt if people do this to him. Once I know exactly who my...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.
Trauma, drama, llamas--sadly the only one of those things I'm not experiencing RN is the camelids.
Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?
Writing down my ideas for my next game during break times at work XD I need to finish my current one very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Batmanfangirl98