Search results

1. MushroomCake28

Highlighted text color in the text box is the same color as background (default dark green theme)

With the new dark green theme (I know you can change the theme, but I think I quite like this one), the text you highlight inside the text box when creating a thread (the box I'm currently writing in) is almost the same color as the box background color, making it really hard to see which part...
  2. MushroomCake28

Memory question concerning data/json files reading

So I'm in the early stage of writing the core engine of my new game. I'm planning on handling all the game's text (story, NPC, item description, etc.) from outside the editor, in order to allow easier editing and easier translation, and the ability to toggle between languages during gameplay...
  3. MushroomCake28

What's the Q/W (pageup/pagedown) input on Mobile? Touch variant?

As the title says. Trying to develop for both PC and Android at the same time, and I don't want to have to use a virtual gamepad for mobile.
  4. MushroomCake28

Question on Character animation

So there are 3 cells per animation (the walking animation). What's the order of the animation? Is it cell_1 -> cell_2 -> cell_3 -> repeat ? Or is it cell_1 -> cell_2 -> cell_3 -> cell_2 -> repeat ? Also, what the default number of frame between each cell progression? Thanks!
  5. MushroomCake28

What do you think of a reborn feature that resets your level

So I was thinking about a reborn system. Effectively, once a character hits level 99 (or whatever is the max level), he can be "reborn", which will reset his level to 1, but he will retain 10-15% of his parameters as his new base parameter at level 1. He will keep all his skills and abilities...
  6. MushroomCake28

The best Image Cache Limit number?

For people that still don't know, we can change the cache limit from the Community_Basic plugin. By default the value is 10 MB, but that seems a bit low to me. So what's the ideal image cache limit for PC, and is it different for web/mobile?
  7. MushroomCake28

Character Generator parts on the forum

Hi, I'm looking for the main workshops or the main collections of character generator parts for MV on this forum that allow the use of their asset for free for commercial games. I'm not looking for anything in particular, just a collection of diversified assets (clothes, accessories, different...
  8. MushroomCake28

Questions about android/iOS

So I decided for my next project to go the pc and mobile route with MV. I never exported to mobile and never coded an app for mobile so I'm a complete beginner when it comes to that (I've coded in C# but not in java, and of course I can do javascript). I just have a couple of questions about...
  9. MushroomCake28

Would you be interested in an orchestra performance of your game's tracks?

Okay, first of all, there is no place in this forum for this thread so I opted for general discussion (it's is technically commercial, but it's about a commercial game, nor is it about commission, or anything else that fits in traditional categories). So mods, feel free to move this where ever...
  10. MushroomCake28

YEP Item price returns 0?

So I just did a plugin commission for someone that uses the YEP item plugin, and he uses the unique weapon/armor thing (the feature where every weapon/armor are unique and have variance). I'm not familiar with the YEP plugin so I was wondering if there's a way to get the price of those unique...
  11. MushroomCake28

The magic number for discount: 25%? 50%? 75%?

People love sales and tend to buy a lot more stuff, video games included, during big sales. One of the most famous sales for PC gamers is the big Steam Sales. There are 4 of them during the year, but the summer sale and the Christmas sale are the biggest. During that time, we often see games at...
  12. MushroomCake28

Game thief: someone stole my game

Beware of people stealing your game. I've recently released my game on steam, and soon after someone stole my game and uploaded here: (moderator removed link to prevent it spreading by accident) I'm currently looking into who to contact (site representative) to take the listing and find who...
  13. MushroomCake28

Lightifer plays Luna Sanctus! (youtube let's play series)

A friend of mine is making a Let's Play series of my game Luna Sanctus I just released! His youtube channel is Lightifer if you're interested. He will post an episode of the game every Tuesday and Thursday until he completes the game! I'll keep this thread updated with his let's play series...
  14. MushroomCake28

Luna Sanctus (JRPG) |MV| [STEAM]

SYNOPSIS In a world of magic and fantasy, follow the journey of Azel and his companions in the huge empire of Ortu Solis. Explore the five vast provinces, discover their unique culture, and complete their numerous quests! Son of the deceased emperor, Azel, 7 years old at the time, witnessed...
  15. MushroomCake28

Linux deployment question

So I know that you have to be on a mac if you want to deploy for mac (or do you?), so I'm wondering if there's something similar for Linux. I never really used Linux so I'm not really familiar with it. Do I simply need to select the Linux option when deploying for it to work, or are there any...
  16. MushroomCake28

The history of your online username/avatar

Some people here really have unique usernames and avatars lol. So it got me thinking, how did you come up with your username and avatar? Do you use them for different online account? Discuss and share your stories. I'll start with mine. So when I was little (maybe 9-10), I was often at one of...
  17. MushroomCake28

Trailer making for RPG Maker games

When it comes to making a trailer, a lot of things come to mind. How to make a good trailer? How long should it be? What should it show? What's a good structure? Honestly, I myself am not a trailer maker expert. I've only done trailers for my game and only read a little bit on how to make a good...
  18. MushroomCake28

Possible to embed Steam widget in signature?

First of all is it allowed? Second, if it is allowed, how can we do it? I tried to copy html code from that steam gave me but I can't seem to get it working in my signature. Anyone knows how?
  19. MushroomCake28

nw.js compatible with 32 bits?

All the downloads for NWJS are listed for 64 bit (win, osx, linux). Does that mean it does not support 32 bit?
  20. MushroomCake28

ImageManager.reserveBitmap vs ImageManager.loadBitmap ?

So I used to work in RPG Maker MV 1.4.0 for most of the time I coded in this engine. I recently upgraded to 1.6.2 and notice a difference in the Image Manager. I think this change was introduced in version 1.5.2. So I'm lazy and don't wan't to test/work too much just to understand this change...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.
Trauma, drama, llamas--sadly the only one of those things I'm not experiencing RN is the camelids.
Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?
Writing down my ideas for my next game during break times at work XD I need to finish my current one very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raio