Search results

1. Solistra

SES Switches and Variables (Access by name and more)

This script is exceptionally old to me at this point, and I actually don't even have a copy of Ace at the moment to test it on. However, the error you're encountering was simply an oversight that I never caught before (are you loading a saved game and getting the error? It should never happen...
  2. Solistra

The OOP way of Javascript.

Internally, most Javascript implementations create arrays via hash tables instead of true arrays. /me flees.
  3. Solistra

Javascript Woes

// Let's do some math.true + true; // => 2[] + []; // => ''[] + {}; // => '[object Object]'{} + []; // => 0{} + {}; // => NaN2 / false; // => Infinity/* Also, always remember that both strings and numbers have a binary `+` * operator, and implicit conversions to and from each...
  4. Solistra

My answer: new Array() == new Array() // false

My answer: new Array() == new Array() // false
  5. Solistra

So... MV means that we have 53-bit integers, inaccurate math, prototypical inheritance, and...

So... MV means that we have 53-bit integers, inaccurate math, prototypical inheritance, and nonsensical type coercion. I take back what I said before: I'm leaving entirely.
  6. Solistra

Not that I've ever been extremely active, but it's worth mentioning that I'm leaving the...

Not that I've ever been extremely active, but it's worth mentioning that I'm leaving the community for a while.
  7. Solistra

Script and Event checker

Well, I tried to take performance into consideration given that the problem was... lag. :P I understand not having Ace available to consult, though, I'm in that situation a lot myself. I just saw the opportunity to educate a little bit and offer a slightly more thorough solution. :)...
  8. Solistra

Script and Event checker

Ironically, by using begin/rescue blocks in the event start code (and concatenating strings rather than interpolating them), you're significantly decreasing the startup speed of events when using your code to debug which events are starting. Most notably, begin/rescue blocks can slow down the...
  9. Solistra

Timed Trial

I don't see any reason why a stack error would occur unless you're doing something particular odd -- anyway, thanks for adding that in so quickly. :)
  10. Solistra

Timed Trial

I find this worrisome. Read Galenmareth's terms of use, please. Basically, in case you're not familiar with reading diff output (which I doubt if you're a software engineer), you most certainly did not "change the script completely" -- you added your "timed trial" functionality (which doesn't...
  11. Solistra

As a Linux user, that is terrifying.

As a Linux user, that is terrifying.
  12. Solistra

Command-line Args Loader

This post may be late, but it's worth noting that you're breaking copyright law by defining your own terms of use when all you did, essentially, was add a few lines of code to a library made available under a copyleft license. The Shellwords module that you're using, part of the Ruby standard...
  13. Solistra

The different "Overwrite"

Don't forget that you can also overwrite methods for specific objects via their singleton class (assuming you don't need to load or dump the object via Marshal): str = 'I am a string.'class << str  def inspect() reverse endendp str # .gnirts a ma I
  14. Solistra

RGSS3 and GDI Madness: tumbling down the rabbit hole.

RGSS3 and GDI Madness: tumbling down the rabbit hole.
  15. Solistra

If it's intentional, then that's the worst case of lag triage I've ever seen. It's ultimately...

If it's intentional, then that's the worst case of lag triage I've ever seen. It's ultimately pointless and causes more problems than it would solve.
  16. Solistra

Bugfix: http://forums.rpgmakersource.com/topic-parallel-process-events-execution-bug-fix

Bugfix: http://forums.rpgmakersource.com/topic-parallel-process-events-execution-bug-fix
  17. Solistra

Demonstrating a critical RGSS3 bug regarding parallel processes: http://youtu.be/I1sHJMBlmcU

Demonstrating a critical RGSS3 bug regarding parallel processes: http://youtu.be/I1sHJMBlmcU
  18. Solistra

stop BGS while in menu

Of course it would -- there's an obvious problem with what I posted. Try this instead: class Scene_Base alias_method :start_stop_bgs, :start def start(*args, &block) start_stop_bgs(*args, &block) RPG::BGS.last.replay if kind_of?(Scene_Map) Audio.bgs_stop if kind_of?(Scene_Menu)...
  19. Solistra

stop BGS while in menu

Untested (I don't have my VM open), but I'd recommend something like this instead: class Scene_Menu < Scene_MenuBase alias_method :start_stop_bgs, :start def start(*args, &block) start_stop_bgs(*args, &block) Audio.bgs_stop end alias_method :terminate_start_bgs, :terminate def...
  20. Solistra

Left Side Currency Symbol script conflicting with TheoAllen's Profile Slot (or vice versa)

Then let's continue perpetuating problems without offering real solutions. It's worked so far.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.
Trauma, drama, llamas--sadly the only one of those things I'm not experiencing RN is the camelids.
Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?
Writing down my ideas for my next game during break times at work XD I need to finish my current one very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raio