Search results

1. Kaelan

Making progress on the pathfinding plugin: [IMG] That's a 1000x1000 grid (i.e. a map with 1...

Making progress on the pathfinding plugin: That's a 1000x1000 grid (i.e. a map with 1 million tiles), finding a walkable path in ~1ms. Still have lots more testing to do with more complicated maps, but I'd say that's a pretty good start :kaopride:
  2. Kaelan

Nope! I like JPS, but I've seen an Ace version of that and I wanted to implement an algorithm I...

Nope! I like JPS, but I've seen an Ace version of that and I wanted to implement an algorithm I haven't seen anyone else use yet. So I'm working on two separate methods: Anya16 and Edge N-Level Sparse Visibility Graphs
  3. Kaelan

I've seen a few pixel movement plugins for MV, but I've never seen anyone rewrite the...

I've seen a few pixel movement plugins for MV, but I've never seen anyone rewrite the Pathfinding to take into account that the game has pixel movement, not grid movement. What's the point of having pixel movement if when you click somewhere, your paths are still all along the grid? So that's...
  4. Kaelan

The default pathfinding that comes with MV is basic 4-way A*. You can extend it to be 8-way, but...

The default pathfinding that comes with MV is basic 4-way A*. You can extend it to be 8-way, but it'll still be stuck to grid, like this: Normally, that's the shortest path. But if you have free pixel movement that can move in any direction, it's not the shortest path anymore! Now, it's this:
  5. Kaelan

Working on a pathfinding plugin built specifically for pixel movement. It's...a bit tricky to...

Working on a pathfinding plugin built specifically for pixel movement. It's...a bit tricky to write, but it will be so much better than the default A*
  6. Kaelan

How to prevent "Conditional Branch; If Button Pressed" from just being held down?

Can't you just add a buffer zone around those 15 frames, where the check always fails if the button is pressed? Like, if from when the attack starts you have: attack starts => X frames (bad timing) => 15 frames (correct timing) => Y frames (bad timing) => attack resolves Set the check to...
  7. Kaelan

Looks like I'm going to end up writing my own pixel movement plugin

Looks like I'm going to end up writing my own pixel movement plugin
  8. Kaelan

After an entire day of fiddling with MV, PIXI, TexturePacker, Crunch and Powershell, I finally...

After an entire day of fiddling with MV, PIXI, TexturePacker, Crunch and Powershell, I finally managed to get DXT textures loading in RPG Maker. They work in both .DDS (uncompressed) and .CRN (crunch compression) formats. Only downside is crunch compression is lossy, so pixel art spritesheets...
  9. Kaelan

All encounter instances in code that points to Scene_Battle?

Just look for every instance of Scene_Battle in all of the rpg_xxxx.js files. It's called during Scene_Boot.start() for test battles Scene_Boot.prototype.start = function() { Scene_Base.prototype.start.call(this); SoundManager.preloadImportantSounds(); if...
  10. Kaelan

Years of using MV and only today I realize the dev console has a dark skin My whole life has...

Years of using MV and only today I realize the dev console has a dark skin My whole life has been a lie
  11. Kaelan

Adding a Skill or Item by name?

The above should work fine, but you can also shorten that call a bit. $dataSkills is an Array, and Arrays in javascript have a built-in findIndex() function that does basically the same thing as the code shockra wrote above, but is a bit less to type. You pass it whatever condition you want, and...
  12. Kaelan

Max call stack exceed error after Game Over

This could also be caused by a different plugin you have overwriting a function one of Moghunter's plugins are using. The error would show up in Mog's code and you'd never know which plugin was actually the source of the problem. To find out exactly where the problem is, here's what I would do...
  13. Kaelan

Ok, that's definitely a better theme Where's the website icon tho :kaoeh:

Ok, that's definitely a better theme Where's the website icon tho :kaoeh:
  14. Kaelan

I feel like I've jumped in a time machine here

I feel like I've jumped in a time machine here
  15. Kaelan

Share your favorite Hidden Gem Game OSTs

Lightning Returns is one of the most overlooked Final Fantasy games, and it has a fantastic soundtrack: The Last Remnant is another game I rarely see anyone talk about, but it has some of my favorite battle themes: Divine Divinity is my overall favorite OST. Kirill Pokrovsky's...
  16. Kaelan

Finally figured out how to fix something in my game that had been bothering me for the longest...

Finally figured out how to fix something in my game that had been bothering me for the longest time, and it's the best feeling
  17. Kaelan

The game making backup

I just keep my entire project on Gitlab. Free accounts get 10GB of storage per project and my game should never be anywhere near that large. I'm using the Git VSCode plugin, so I just need to click a button whenever I want to push my changes. I make a habit of always doing it before I'm done...
  18. Kaelan

It's amazing how much having the right "atmosphere" changes how you experience a game.

It's amazing how much having the right "atmosphere" changes how you experience a game.
  19. Kaelan

Also interesting to think about: the graphics and general gameplay are well within what can be...

Also interesting to think about: the graphics and general gameplay are well within what can be done with something like RM, and weren't particularly impressive even then. But the incredible writing and voice acting (and the sound effects & music, to a lesser extent) have a way of drawing you in...
  20. Kaelan

This game is over 20 years old but is still my go-to reference point for dark fantasy atmosphere...

This game is over 20 years old but is still my go-to reference point for dark fantasy atmosphere

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.
Trauma, drama, llamas--sadly the only one of those things I'm not experiencing RN is the camelids.
Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?
Writing down my ideas for my next game during break times at work XD I need to finish my current one very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raio