Search results

1. Storyteller-Hero

♫ And then you do the hokey pokey, turn yourself around, that's what it's all about. ♫

♫ And then you do the hokey pokey, turn yourself around, that's what it's all about. ♫
  2. Storyteller-Hero

Itch.io User Stealing Games

Ooh their account just got suspended when they couldn't respond to inquiries about the games on their page that haven't been reported yet (the ones that were reported got suspended). Looks like those were stolen too. People will be getting refunds - Lunatic RPGs is pretty much getting closed down.
  3. Storyteller-Hero

Sprites (Events) With Weapons?

To clarify, in order to access the graphics files directly, you do it outside the app. Go into the folders on your computer containing the assets for the program. The img folder of your RPG Maker project folder will contain the graphics files - .png files that you can open in an editing program...
  4. Storyteller-Hero

Applesauce has vitamin C and antihistamine properties.

Applesauce has vitamin C and antihistamine properties.
  5. Storyteller-Hero

Are school-themed games boring?

It's like asking "is comedy boring?", or "is the color blue boring?", or "is anime boring?", or "is food boring?" A theme is just a theme. Only the developer of the game coupled with the player's personal preferences can make it boring.
  6. Storyteller-Hero

Random Encounters vs. Visual Encounters

I'm planning to make encounters visible/avoidable on location maps (but refreshed/reset upon exiting the location), while random in the world map, but with the option of purchasing an item in-game (with in-game currency) that can temporarily turn off random encounters (as well as an item that...
  7. Storyteller-Hero

This means that every continent or territory on my world map can have its own individual...

This means that every continent or territory on my world map can have its own individual background music instead of the same music for the whole world.
  8. Storyteller-Hero

I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the...

I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
  9. Storyteller-Hero

I've reconsidered having a subclass system for my first two games since there will already be...

I've reconsidered having a subclass system for my first two games since there will already be plenty of variation in playable actors and usable items in the games. The third game will need it because of the basis for the story but I want the actors in the first two to be more focused in their roles.
  10. Storyteller-Hero

Making a Sequel

I haven't completed my first game, but I've planned a second game set in the same world. I'm pretty sure that I'll be recycling at least 50% of resources, and development time will be much shorter due to much of the world already being fleshed out and most of the mechanics already planned out...
  11. Storyteller-Hero

In Septerra Core, when you talk to a NPC, you can get a selection of topics to discuss before...

In Septerra Core, when you talk to a NPC, you can get a selection of topics to discuss before anything is said, marked with visual imagery on each choice of topic. I'm thinking about implementing something similar for some of the NPC discussions in my game, with "important" NPCs.
  12. Storyteller-Hero

Implementing Battle Cries?

You could try making a separate almost identical skill for each character, name each skill the same, and have the equipment give the corresponding skill when a particular character wears it. To the player, it seems like the same skill with different battle cries when in reality it's a different...
  13. Storyteller-Hero

I tried out an old RPG called Septerra Core today. It has given me some interesting ideas to...

I tried out an old RPG called Septerra Core today. It has given me some interesting ideas to explore in regards to interaction with NPCs.
  14. Storyteller-Hero

To Durability Or Not To Durability

This conversation has come up once in a while at tabletop RPG groups and forums. The general consensus is that it's usually not worth the unnecessary tedium. If you're doing something like survival horror however, where dwindling resources might add to the atmosphere, durability and limited...
  15. Storyteller-Hero

Fireworks

Here's one by Olivia. https://fallenangelolivia.itch.io/animated-pictures
  16. Storyteller-Hero

Is it worth exploring Mac / iOS deployment?

It's important to note that Mac OS and Mac iOS are different operating systems. Not all of the apps that run on a phone or pad work on the desktop/laptop, and vice versa. It's also worth noting that Mac games have far less of a library of games than PC, so there is less competition for the...
  17. Storyteller-Hero

Writing dialog for love scenes

Start reading novels and comics, watching movies and TV shows, playing games. Don't ever stop. Don't ever assume you've learned enough. You can't build a house without materials to work with. In the absence of RL experiences, drawing upon others' experiences and perspectives is the only way...
  18. Storyteller-Hero

I just experimented with turning fullscreen on and off while in-game after learning that it's...

I just experimented with turning fullscreen on and off while in-game after learning that it's built into the engine and can be toggled using either scripts or just pressing F4.
  19. Storyteller-Hero

I've also confirmed that it's compatible with Yanfly's party system so the player will be able...

I've also confirmed that it's compatible with Yanfly's party system so the player will be able to recruit auxiliary members for the party as well. I'm going to write something for in-game lore to help explain why the player is limited to recruiting X party members at a time.
  20. Storyteller-Hero

How to make the camera not follow the player

For MV, I'm currently using SumRndmDde's Camera Core plugin. http://sumrndm.site/camera-core/

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.
Trauma, drama, llamas--sadly the only one of those things I'm not experiencing RN is the camelids.
Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?
Writing down my ideas for my next game during break times at work XD I need to finish my current one very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HM9000