Search results

1. sabao

STUDY: Occupation study of members in the RPG Maker Community

I work for a company that imports and wholesales outdoor and sporting goods.
  2. sabao

RPG Maker MV Nintendo Switch edition?

Currently, there aren't any. There are provisions set for DLC to be available in the future though, so watch out for that. More Impressions, Several Weeks In: Some features I had overlooked: Option to insert character voices for combat for each character in the character DB available. The RTP...
  3. sabao

Yes. Last I checked, it isn't available in the US store yet. When you first set up your Switch, it asks for your display language preference. If the game supports the default language you set your system as, it automatically sets its language that way. As far as Trinity goes, there's just a...
  4. sabao

Just picked up RMMV Trinity for Switch. Streaming for a bit for funsies. Come by if you want to...

Just picked up RMMV Trinity for Switch. Streaming for a bit for funsies. Come by if you want to check it out! ID: sabao72
  5. sabao

The Switch version just rolled out here in Japan. If I'm to believe the store page, it says English is already supported. I'm tempted to buy it just to give it a spin, but the 8424 Yen price tag ($75) feels a little steep. Screw it, I'll let y'all know what I think of it after a while. A...
  6. sabao

Persona 5

I got the steel book edition of P5 and will remember it fondly as the last video game I played before the last game studio I worked for folded and I eventually found a different job that brought me to Japan. I think I spent my first month doing mundane crap like taking the train, having a coffee...
  7. sabao

3D RPG Maker?

3D animation uses skeletal animation, which you can actually already do with 2D sprites. This method has been in use for a while now, one of the more notable games that use the technique being basically most of Vanillaware's library. Certain segments of the character have to be redrawn at some...
  8. sabao

How to make an AM PM clock.

It may be easier to just use a plugin and create a list of strings to present time in that format, but I don't know if there's a readily available plugin that has that function. I may try my hand with it, but I'm not exactly a great programmer. Good luck with your game!
  9. sabao

Let's be self-reliant and self-study! :)

Depends on the languages you know of, I suppose? Koreans seem to pick up on Japanese fairly easily and vice versa. I know Filipino, English, and some Spanish and my Japanese is still pretty slow-going.
  10. sabao

Let's be self-reliant and self-study! :)

Recently moved to Japan for work. I do not know a lick of Japanese. Currently can't afford proper classes, so I've been self-studying. Here are great resources to study with for anyone interested: http://www.guidetojapanese.org https://www.romysensei.com https://www.tofugu.com
  11. sabao

How to make an AM PM clock.

I can think of two ways to do this. I only have time to explain one. Method 1: Change the Existing Common Event Create a Switch called 'AM or PM'. Let's say that if the switch is Off, then it's AM and if it's On, it's PM. Copy the events below. I did this on VX Ace because my ancient laptop...
  12. sabao

Negative stigma around RTP

I think pre-made assets in games made with engines outside of the RPG Maker ecosystem do still get flak for using these assets, but generally get a pass for most users for the following reasons: Engines like Unity and Unreal have little to offer as far as assets that come with the engine go...
  13. sabao

Flash animations in games?

If by Flash animation you mean the SWF file format, then it may be possible to code support into a game but not necessarily recommended. It's an old format that's slowly losing support in newer platforms (source: 1, 2). What you could do is convert the SWF file into a video format instead. Or...
  14. sabao

Left my game dev job sometime last year to move abroad. Sorta left my rig back home as well...

Left my game dev job sometime last year to move abroad. Sorta left my rig back home as well, currently only have a laptop that's probably old enough to vote in some countries. I'll get back to game dev eventually, but currently occupied with settling in + learning the language + current dayjob.
  15. sabao

At an indie dev meet in Shibuya and stinging from having to give this up

At an indie dev meet in Shibuya and stinging from having to give this up
  16. sabao

Hiring Artists for Your Commercial Games

I'll run through whatever questions I can as an artist that's worked on a few game projects and working with several of them on game projects of my own. Here and deviantART are a good start, yes. You could also look through behance.net and artstation.com if you're looking for more specialized...
  17. sabao

Probably better off with the 3DS RPG Maker instead as it more or less poses the same restriction...

Probably better off with the 3DS RPG Maker instead as it more or less poses the same restriction minus the hassle of acquiring a functioning PSX and a copy of a really old version of RPG Maker.
  18. sabao

Anyone know of a good artist on the forum who takes request?

Right, you should check out the Resource Workshops section then. There are a couple of people on there that take requests.
  19. sabao

Anyone know of a good artist on the forum who takes request?

You may want to look at the Classifieds or Recruitment sections. You should clarify whether this is paid work or not as well.
  20. sabao

Are you getting a Nintendo Switch this holidays?

I'm saving for a mid-range gaming laptop for gaming, game dev and work purposes first, but I am looking at getting a Switch before the end of the year if finances allow. Switches are apparently crazy hard to get here. Retailers always seem to not have any in stock and when a store does have...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.
Trauma, drama, llamas--sadly the only one of those things I'm not experiencing RN is the camelids.
Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?
Writing down my ideas for my next game during break times at work XD I need to finish my current one very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HM9000