Search results

1. C.W. Plainview

Display a variable of 0 as "00"

Yes, the HUD maker I am using allows implementation of JavaScript. I got it all working, thanks to your help! You are awesome!
  2. C.W. Plainview

Awesome! How do I use this with a variable? Do I use the script operand and plug that into the variable or do I have to do something like a script call? Sorry, I really wish I knew more how to use JavaScript.
  3. C.W. Plainview

This may seem like an odd question. I'm trying to implement a calendar into a text adventure game I am building, where the minutes and hours change depending on what the character does. So far I have been able to implement this rather well using variables, and I have been able to use HUD Maker...
  4. C.W. Plainview

Call menu during messages

I understand. Thanks for your insight. I did find an alternative, though it means having to abandon this plugin: simply present an "open menu" choice that runs an event that opens the menu. Item messages and saving and everything works great this way.
  5. C.W. Plainview

Call menu during messages

Hey Krimer. I've been using this plugin for a text adventure game I am building, and it's been great. However, I'm having a small issue with items and spells that have message common events tied to them. Say I have a potion that heals HP. I call the menu during a message to access inventory and...
  6. C.W. Plainview

Yanfly Message Core bug

You are right. It says as much in the Help text, which I failed to look through before creating this thread. The reason it confused me was because the Show Text events I used back-to-back were short lines, and I hadn't considered the 4 line limit before. Thanks for the help!
  7. C.W. Plainview

Yanfly Message Core bug

I couldn't find a place on Yanfly's website to submit a bug report, so I thought I'd just post it here. http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/10/yep-2-message-core/ Tested in a clean project with the latest version of the plugin (v 1.19). If you place two Show Text event commands back to back, normally...
  8. C.W. Plainview

[FROG] Talent Core - A D&D like Skill system and/or character building system!

Hey Frogboy, I've been utilizing your plugin and it's been great. I have a couple of questions. Is there a way to show the roll like in the SHOW view mode, but hide the target number and gauge? That way, the player knows they are making a roll, but can't see the target number. The difference...
  9. C.W. Plainview

[FROG] Talent Core - A D&D like Skill system and/or character building system!

Just want to echo the request from a couple pages back about adding attribute/parameter (STR, DEX, etc.) bonuses to talent checks. This is an amazing plugin. I am amazed there hasn't been more D&D inspired plugins before this.
  10. C.W. Plainview

Script call for map name

Is there a script call that I can use for the current map name, NOT the display name? I am using HUD Maker. If there isn't, is there a way that I can disable the default display name from popping up in the top-left corner and instead just use the script call for the display name? Thanks in advance.
  11. C.W. Plainview

Problem with plugin that changes how movement works

This is the plugin: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/remove-lerping-from-movement.96831/#post-879195 It changes movement so that characters "teleport" or "snap" to adjacent tiles like in old computer games like Ultima, without any animation. The problem is that touch-based...
  12. C.W. Plainview

Best songs you discovered in video games

Speaking of The Man Who Sold the World and MGSV, this is really what introduced me in recent years to David Bowie, the original writer and singer of the song. If you haven't heard his version, give it a listen. While I do prefer the Midge Ure version myself, Bowie has a great collection of...
  13. C.W. Plainview

Remove Lerping From Movement

Okay, I've been digging around more, and I think I found what is causing the issue. Bear in mind my coding knowledge is next to zero so I've been brute forcing it and don't know how to apply a permanent fix. I believe the issue is this bit of code in rpg.objects, starting at line 7753...
  14. C.W. Plainview

I've been looking around rpg.objects. Could the plugin be interfering in anyway with Game_Player? agoaj claims that it's just replacing updateMove and isMoving in Game_Character, but there's a bunch of stuff in Game_Player that affects Touch action and even random encounters, I think. My coding...
  15. C.W. Plainview

I was pointed towards this plugin from a similar request I made. I'm also encountering the issue MoonMoonGames is having. In addition, random battles don't appear to work either.
  16. C.W. Plainview

Player and map movement with no walking (snap to tile)

@Aloe Guvner, Thanks for getting back to me! That plugin is exactly what I need.
  17. C.W. Plainview

@Eliaquim, That plugin you linked worked! I can interact with events now! I also got the camera to snap too. Thanks! However, there is one more problem I don't know how to solve. With snap movement, I can pass through tiles marked "unpassable", and even go off the edge of the screen. I can also...
  18. C.W. Plainview

Okay, I'm getting it working... somewhat. I'm running into some problems. The first problem is that the player still moves as normal when I press a direction key. He'll scroll for a brief second, then snap to the next tile as intended. So to stop that, I tried using a plugin command in Yanfly's...
  19. C.W. Plainview

@Shaz, Got it, thanks. Now how do I exactly do I call the variable in the script call? I tried like Eliaquim mentioned but I am getting a "variable is not defined" error, presumably because I'm not calling it correctly.
  20. C.W. Plainview

@Shaz, I want it to happen all the time. @Eliaquim, I think I am following you. But I'm not quite sure how to get this set up, particularly how to set the X and Y values as variables. This would solve the player movement, but the map would still scroll. I was hoping there was a way to adjust...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)
In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.
Trauma, drama, llamas--sadly the only one of those things I'm not experiencing RN is the camelids.
Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HM9000