Search results

1. Failivrin

Party leader check in conditional branch

The default "Conditional Branch" can check different parameters for party members, but it does not check who the party leader is. I am looking for a plugin that would create different conditional branches depending on which actor is the party leader. Example of usage: Therese rescues an old...
  2. Failivrin

Monster Size Chart

I have been commissioning artists to create monster and character sprites. Sometimes there is confusion about size requirements, so I created the Monster Size Chart for easy reference. Now I can tell my artists, "Make it Large" or "Make it Normal," and they will know what I mean. Credits...
  3. Failivrin

Forms of Fantasy: Back to Roots

In the scale of human story-telling, novels and video games are recent developments. This particular article will not cover contemporary genres like high fantasy, urban fantasy, or paranormal. Instead we will be exploring the oldest forms of fantasy, which form a bedrock for all other genres...
  4. Failivrin

Real-life skills you learned from games?

Every game improves cognitive skills, like coordination, reflexes, memory and judgement--but what about something more advanced? Have video games ever taught you technical skills? What about social skills, creative skills, or athletic skills? Here are two examples from my personal gaming...
  5. Failivrin

Weapon/Armor Alternatives

Weapons, Armor and even Items are human tools... but what if the heroes aren't human? I am looking for simple ways to allow players to customize their stats without the use of traditional weapons and armor. It could be a long-term system like Pokemon "Natures" which change the balance of stat...
  6. Failivrin

Optimizing gameplay for mobile

My current project will take over a year to complete, by which time technology will have changed--so this post isn't for discussing technical details of deployment. Instead I'm hoping to collect tips for optimizing game mechanics and design. Example... I've heard that maps in a mobile game...
  7. Failivrin

Balancing 1-4 characters in battle

Been brainstorming battle mechanics, and I've got an interesting dilemma. MV's default settings support four characters in battle. That's classic, and I don't see any reason to change it. But because of the way my game's narrative develops, characters will often have to fight solo or in pairs...
  8. Failivrin

Failivrin's Freesources

Say you're a fenomenal picksel artist but you can’t even spell it correctly. Did you ever wish there was an RTP for writing? There are resources and discussions to help writers, but nothing like the simplicity of downloading characters, tilesets and music tracks. Writing is my strong suit, and...
  9. Failivrin

Attachments in Conversations

This is probably a stupid question, but I haven't been able to figure out how to upload files from my PC during PM conversations. Am I missing something?
  10. Failivrin

Who's who in your fantasy world?

Ever get tired of meeting the same old people in every town? There's always a king, some knights, maybe a priest, weapons merchant, items merchant, an innkeeper, and a bartender. Of course any real city provides far more services and occupations! I would like to share an excellent article by...
  11. Failivrin

Send in the Clowns!

Hello community! I am hoping to include a clown/jester character in my upcoming game.  This would be a playable character, which presents a problem!  I've dug up several TV walking sprites, but I can't find any SV battle sprites or character generator parts.  Maybe I'm looking in the wrong...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! Going to stream The Witcher 3, and then it will be the DEBUT of my Portal Playthrough! Feel free to drop by!
I been rather busy lately with non RM projects so, it will take some time for me to release something.
Hmmmm, nice site UI change.
Swapped back to my original meds, but the flippity floppity has me reeling. T ^T I have game making and song collabs to do, hurry up, health. lol
It took me 6 retries to get the color of Yoshi I wanted. 30 mins of recording. 30 mins of voice work. Probably another 20 mins of waiting in between takes. But finally I got him...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyakuya