Search results

1. D.L. Yomegami

Is saving the Element Crystals still a thing?

Tropes aren't bad. I'd even argue cliches aren't bad. It's all in the execution; people are more likely to roll their eyes and sigh if it plays out exactly the same way as it did a million times before. I use this particular trope myself, at least a couple times across my numerous ideas. My...
  2. D.L. Yomegami

Random Encounters vs. Visual Encounters

I prefer random encounters most of the time, for reasons I've stated here. With that being said, I don't think the exact kind of encounter matters too much. Implementation is everything; bad visual encounter systems can be every single bit as bad as bad random encounter systems, and good random...
  3. D.L. Yomegami

In my case, it's just because 1.5.2. has better performance on my machine than 1.6.1 and above...

In my case, it's just because 1.5.2. has better performance on my machine than 1.6.1 and above do, for reasons I can't do anything about beyond getting a new computer (1.6.1. and above tend not to perform well on AMD). I'd love to use some of the 1.6.1. exclusive plugins, but alas the...
  4. D.L. Yomegami

A lot of the RTP songs are bangers (I personally like VX Ace Battle 1 and MV Battle 3). The...

A lot of the RTP songs are bangers (I personally like VX Ace Battle 1 and MV Battle 3). The effect's kind of dulled by the fact they're used so often, though.
  5. D.L. Yomegami

Announcement Community News - December 17, 2019

One more thing I'd like to see: the "display results as threads" option for the Search feature. It was helpful in narrowing down search options without completely excluding threads like the current "Search titles only" option does.
  6. D.L. Yomegami

I figured the overreacting to something so minor would had been enough to clue most people that...

I figured the overreacting to something so minor would had been enough to clue most people that it wasn't serious, but on the internet you can never be too careful I guess.
  7. D.L. Yomegami

For the record, the "worst update ever" part is a joke. I actually really like this update...

For the record, the "worst update ever" part is a joke. I actually really like this update otherwise, apart from the few gripes I posted in the Announcement topic.
  8. D.L. Yomegami

Ruby/RGSSx questions that don't deserve their own thread

Does Ruby have an equivalent to the JS clamp function? That is, can I write something like value.clamp(min, max) to ensure the value stays between the minimum number and the maximum number, or do I have to use something like ((value, 10).max, 9999).min?
  9. D.L. Yomegami

Can't react to posts with the forum unique emotes. 0/10 worst update ever.

Can't react to posts with the forum unique emotes. 0/10 worst update ever.
  10. D.L. Yomegami

Announcement Community News - December 17, 2019

Would it be too much to ask to have the old black text back for the light theme? This lighter grey text combined with the grey background is a bit harder to read (and even harder to read on the main forum headers). Also, it'd be nice to not have to scroll down all the way to bottom to access...
  11. D.L. Yomegami

ADHD and Game Dev

I don't think the two issues are mutually exclusive. While people without ADHD may struggle with motivation and not many people finish projects regardless, being completely unable to generate internal motivation probably isn't normal. That's part of what I struggle with when it comes to working...
  12. D.L. Yomegami

ADHD and Game Dev

This is one of those topics I wasn't sure where to put it, and ultimately decided on here since it's related to game developing without mechanics. If a mod feels it belongs better elsewhere, I won't object. So I have ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder), or at the very least am 99%...
  13. D.L. Yomegami

Freaking executive dysfunction.

Freaking executive dysfunction.
  14. D.L. Yomegami

You don't have to back up your project if you have no project at all!...*Sigh*

You don't have to back up your project if you have no project at all!...*Sigh*
  15. D.L. Yomegami

[VX Ace] Japanese Battlers?

I looked at that pack on Steam, but the previews there didn't show the enemies, so I kept looking elsewhere. Turns out that's indeed where they came from. Good to know. Thank you very much!
  16. D.L. Yomegami

[VX Ace] Japanese Battlers?

Some days ago I played Crysalis, the sample game for VX Ace offered via this website. While most of it was RTP, there were a few battlers that weren't RTP yet still seemed to be in the same style. Furthermore, going by the filenames a few had equivalents in the Sci Fi resources that came with MV...
  17. D.L. Yomegami

The Creator's Legal Clinic: Advices and Explanations

This question was addressed somewhere before, but it slips my mind as to exactly where. Anyway, the Creative Commons 4.0 license has this restriction: However, the official DLC from the RPG Maker Store (or Steam) has the requirement of needing to be encrypted to be used, and I imagine...
  18. D.L. Yomegami

How do you handle encounters?

I'm going to be the odd one out here who actually prefers using random encounters over visual ones most of the time. From a game dev perspective, that's for several reasons: 1. Less asset hunting needed. I can't art for -arg-, and visual encounters naturally need more art than random encounters...
  19. D.L. Yomegami

What One Thing In RPG Maker Would You Like To See?

Fix the problems (lag, screen tearing, etc.) with AMD graphics cards. I know it's not a completely universal issue, but they seem common enough and they're extremely frustrating. I'm really tired of having to pick between good performance and 1.6.1+ exclusive plugins for my games because I don't...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This little brat (my nephew) just invent a new way of enjoying his orange juice by pouring it inside of used perfume bottle and sprayed it to his mouth...
Jamaica? No, Aunty. I said, I'm on RPG Maker :*/
Lunar New Year is over :( but it's time to get back to work!
I keep giving myself deadlines because I'm so excited to finish something but I notice areas where I'm rushing the story and that's what's gonna weaken my overall project, gotta stop that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintminstrel