Search results

1. Chiara

August Goals and Progress Thread

@Marquise* : This is such a fun animation, I actually want to join the bot in moving my arms (which I may or may not have done just now). <3 And good luck with the exterminator! As for progress... I just checked my project notebook and found out that since my last post (August 6th) I haven't...
  2. Chiara

August Goals and Progress Thread

Progress Update: placeholder busts of Faye and Ceyas have been scribbled finally figured out Ned's current obsession -- one specific ancient culture at the time of the city's founding. Now, multiple things fit together nicely and it allows me some minor ties to a future project Oh wait, I...
  3. Chiara

Opening Movies/Cutscenes

The absolute maximum length of pre-game lore I can accept are four lines of text, actually. I think that's usually more than enough to set up the story for someone new to the world, without dumping too much information on them. Because, as has been said before, at that time, people usually do...
  4. Chiara

Assets: Better to make your own?

I can't create music nor code, so both I'll have to get from elsewhere. Same with anything pixel and/or animation, I usually go premade and edit them to the best of my ability. Facesets/busts and anything illustration-y, I almost always create myself, as that's just faster for me than trying to...
  5. Chiara

July Goals and Progress Thread

Progress Update: scribbled placeholder busts (including expressions) for Ned, Kay and Shiah My goals kind of shifted around, but I progressed at all, and I also managed to post in here more than once, so that's also good.
  6. Chiara

Completely forgot about it but I have a progress update: finalized the mood/colour/reference boards for all the rooms (that happened on the 11th) Ned's unit's leader has finally gotten an actual name: Yunid Lidah. In my defence, I was battling a cold when it happened, and the name works...
  7. Chiara

Progress update: had a bit of a mood/style breakthrough, closing in on the direction I'm going for for all three rooms Pretty much right after my last post, I went back to the colour/mood boards and went a few different directions. As is often the case, turns out one of my problems was solved...
  8. Chiara

Progress update: gathered some colour/mood refs for the rooms Ned's flaws are even evident when I'm just trying to find an aesthetic for his room. Like, I have to pry his interests and hobbies out of him. You know the feeling when you think you know someone pretty well and then it turns out...
  9. Chiara

July already?! ...posting at the beginning of the month and then only at the beginning of the next month sounds like a bad habit, so... July goals: try to post more than once per month I guess Also, open the window, my old plans are outdated (and boring!), out they go! create rough colour...
  10. Chiara

June Goals and Progress Thread

Good thing I didn't make 'post here regularly' a goal, that one I would've failed so much the past couple months. xD I finished my May goal, sort of, and went back to some older notes and plans for my June goals: create the proper map with spaced out rooms that I'd planned using my placeholder...
  11. Chiara

May Goals and Progress Thread

Progress update: began with the greyscale placeholders for Tile D, specifically smaller things for Faye's room. It contains important things like stacks of comic books, a cluster of dolls and plushies, and stacks of clothing on her bed and the floor. Debating adding a chair just so she can...
  12. Chiara

May Goals and Progress Thread

Completely forgot to post the past weeks (I got the placeholders for Tile B done btw, yay!), and since I managed to finish half my April goals, some of the rest will become my new May goals: finish the greyscale placeholder tilesets (only C left) Will change/add to the list once I finish that...
  13. Chiara

April Goals and Progress Thread

@Bonkers : I've been unable to work since my burnout five years ago, so I don't even want to imagine how exhausting those two years must've been for you. Maybe I'll find out soon-ish, my spike in being busy is in part due to finally making some progress toward being able to work again. Also...
  14. Chiara

I'd like to comment on stuff, saw cool things, but brain is pretty much refusing to sentence (lots of energy to not talk like Yoda right now). Progress Update: greyscale placeholder tileset of the A series finished began with B Next week too many appointments, paperwork, things, people...
  15. Chiara

Progress update: actually found time for my project yesterday morning made an asset list for the greyscale placeholder tileset started with the greyscale placeholder tileset I hope I find some more time this week, but, what can I say, my game's title ('Ned can't get a break') has become my...
  16. Chiara

My goals for April: sketch placeholder greyscale tileset (shouldn't take more than two days once I get to it) style tests, both for tileset and busts. While I've already decided on the overall style for both, I still need to decide on the finer details I'm pretty busy this week but should be...
  17. Chiara

March Goals and Progress Thread

I started out well-ish but then life things piled up so barely any progress since my last post. Or none. At least I don't remember any. But I made progress in life things, so that's nice! I didn't meet my March goals, but at least I moved closer toward them throughout the month, so I take it as...
  18. Chiara

@Bonkers : It sounds like you're progressing really well, and I do like everything that makes getting loot even more fun (the getting items animation looks great). I also spotted a pun, those are always good. @TheoAllen : Those projectile things look fun! @TheGreatEater : As someone else with a...
  19. Chiara

@Marsigne : Nice to see you in the thread again! @Punamaagi : Maybe you could use the 'update designs' as tablet practice and only wait for the busts until you're a bit more practiced? I used my own (re-)designs back in January to get back into drawing at all while still making progress...
  20. Chiara

@Engr. Adiktuzmiko : The on miss effect sounds like a pretty neat idea and like it could lead to really cool accuracy-for-cool-effects trade-offs. @bgillisp : Good to hear you found an approach that works (btw, I wasn't the one asking for pronunciation but it's still fun to hear that you just...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This little brat (my nephew) just invent a new way of enjoying his orange juice by pouring it inside of used perfume bottle and sprayed it to his mouth...
Jamaica? No, Aunty. I said, I'm on RPG Maker :*/
Lunar New Year is over :( but it's time to get back to work!
I keep giving myself deadlines because I'm so excited to finish something but I notice areas where I'm rushing the story and that's what's gonna weaken my overall project, gotta stop that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintminstrel