Search results

1. JamesRyan

Need help building a gaming PC!

That's a good way, but high risk. CPU and RAM can be done without problems, but I won't do that again with mobo and GPU. I once got an RX 580 from my cousin in Australia (tested directly by him and confirmed that it worked), and it was dead when I got it.
  2. JamesRyan

Maybe in your country, the difference is not much. But in mine, it is not that just 10 to 20 dollars. It is about 30 to 40 dollars, and that is not "only a small amount" for us with our standard income. You know here in my country, even with 10 dollars, we can be full in two days. That's why I...
  3. JamesRyan

No. 1660 Super, or go straight to 2060. The price you pay for 1660Ti is not worth the performance against 1660 Super unless the Ti one is on sale and has the same price or lower than Super.
  4. JamesRyan

Most of the RGB software from the manufacturers is garbage. I am using Asus Aura Sync, but always have to use a specific old version to make things work. Otherwise, updating to the latest one will mess the whole software up, even unable to start it. They did a great job for the RGB LEDs, but I...
  5. JamesRyan

Maybe the PSU is trying something. If you can borrow PSU from someone for a couple of days, try it. If it is not from the PSU, I think I know about the loud fan problem from my friend before. Not sure if it is the same with you, but the fans from his graphics card spun at maximum speed, and the...
  6. JamesRyan

RMVXA Yggdrasil Chronicles: A Tale of Cindrivia

Currently, I only have a demo which covers a part of the story and some main features of the game. Everything can be changed during development. If you feel interested, send me a private message here, or on my Facebook page. Thank you.
  7. JamesRyan

omg lol. That surprises me so much. I have never expected my players to get to 99 before the story ends, but you did a fantastic job. However, I cannot help you with this. I have stopped working on this game for 3 years, so I cannot make a proper update for it. I will note this down to improve...
  8. JamesRyan

For the first time, you don't need to worry too much. Keep using it to see if there are any random crashes again. If it happens too much, then you will have to analyze and find the cause. Random shutdown like that may be caused by the graphics card itself, or the PSU. For electronic components...
  9. JamesRyan

Unfortunately, the game does not support this. Only Window or Fullscreen mode. This might be the limit of VX Ace engine, or I did not find the right script to manipulate the game window. ESC or X buttons may not be available for some screens or events.
  10. JamesRyan

Khas Advanced Lighting v4.2 Ultra (now with real-time shadows!)

My game is still in development. In case the game is finished before I can contact Khas, I may release it as a free game with an optional donation :|
  11. JamesRyan

I really want to use an alternative plugin, but it requires a lot of rework. So I don't really want to do that.
  12. JamesRyan

If he retires, it is okay for him, but not for us users. Now how can I contact him to buy this plugin for my commercial game? :dizzy:
  13. JamesRyan

The CPU is not, but the GPU... Well... I did not even think it was so bad like that, or maybe you are just a bit unlucky to receive a faulty GPU, so let's just stick with NVIDIA for a while.
  14. JamesRyan

Intel also has CPUs with F suffix (like i5 9400F), which are the same. This new trend providing us good CPUs with reasonable price, because they know most of us are using discrete GPUs for gaming. Going with AMD at this time is a good choice with the following reasons: - The AM4 sockets will...
  15. JamesRyan

Unfortunately, you can do nothing without a GPU. The video connectors on the motherboard only work with G suffix CPUs. If you do not play AAA games much or do not require the games to run at the highest settings with 60+ FPS, then the 1660S can handle well. Skipping RTX 2000 series is not a bad...
  16. JamesRyan

Once you RMA your graphics card, you will have to wait for your new one. Ryzen 5 3600 does not have an integrated GPU. Only the Ryzen CPUs with G suffix (like Ryzen 5 3400G) has it. You don't need to care much about the ray tracing. The RTX 2060 is still suffering when running this feature. It...
  17. JamesRyan

The AMD GPUs are not actually bad, just this 5000 series and the recent drivers, lol. I will wait for their next-gen ones to see if things are gonna be different. But I admit that AMD is behind NVIDIA in this GPU war. The 2060 KO has a backplate. This thing means to compete with the RX 5600XT...
  18. JamesRyan

Self-made Online Tool: Auto-Generating RMMV Dungeon Map

Personally, I think this is so good for a sketch if we use custom tilesets. Generating a random dungeon and following its design to create one with our own tilesets. Thank you for this useful tool.
  19. JamesRyan

If you cannot take this anymore, just return it and take the RTX 2060, or if you cannot afford, at least take the GTX 1660 Super. The GPUs themselves are not generating any noise, so they are NOT loud (both NVIDIA and AMD). The component generating noise from the graphics card is the fans. Loud...
  20. JamesRyan

It is not AMD and MS. It is the 5000 series from AMD itself. These GPUs have a good price per performance, but the recent drivers have lots of issues, especially black screen. So far the Nvidia users have not experienced major issues on the RTX 2000 or GTX 1600. So if you can, you may change to...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...
People,I have seen that Someone from China/Chile and London is doing a Vaccine Against COVID-19.
Doing anything that yield good result in the long run is like sowing seeds. With proper care, they will grow and bear fruits. I'm excited for tomorrow. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sasakureman