Search results

1. HopeFragment

Target any ally except user

@gstv87 Mind you, I know what a note tag is. When I said the word "function" I meant the not mathematics definition of the word. "an activity or purpose natural to or intended for a person or thing." Anyhow, is there any reason you're being so rude to me? If I knew how to code, why would I ask...
  2. HopeFragment

@gstv87 Oh okay. Does it replace "<targets: all but user>" or "<targets: target all allies>", because I might actually use "all but user" for something, but I won't be using "target all allies" which the script says "Sets the targeting scope to hit the selected target ally first and then the...
  3. HopeFragment

I'm sorry if I sound stupid but what am I supposed to do with this? Is there a note tag I insert into the skill notebox? Is this meant to alter the existing "all allies except user" function?
  4. HopeFragment

I use the Yanfly Target Manager, and I have quite a few skills that I want to be able to target any single ally except the user (select a single ally, but can't select user). But even the Yanfly Target Manager doesn't have that option, it has "target all allies except user" but not select an...
  5. HopeFragment

External Achievements (Full Script)

The code's messed up, can someone post this with it properly aligned?
  6. HopeFragment

A font won't work (Yanfly Message System)

Looks like I just got lucky that "5yearsoldfont" was both the filename as well as the actual font name. Thank you, that was the problem.
  7. HopeFragment

A font won't work (Yanfly Message System)

I use the Yanfly Message System. My game uses the default VL Gothic for mostly everything, but there are some points where the game temporarily changes font. Yanfly Message System does this by having a Fonts folder, you insert the fonts you want to use into the folder, and then you call them by...
  8. HopeFragment

Who made this?

Thank you Kes, I found Rainbow Jello's thread on RPG Maker Central, but I can't access it. (I have an account there but for some reason I don't have permission to) However, I looked at Rainbow Jello's profile page http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/profile/8423-rainbow-jello/ and found a preview for...
  9. HopeFragment

Who made this?

I've come across that French forum as well and could tell that wasn't the OP, I forgot to mention that. If no one knows the source, what do I do? Am I not allowed to use the tileset? (My game is non-commercial so I don't think it would be a problem?)
  10. HopeFragment

Who made this?

I'm sorry if this isn't the right thread, I wasn't sure where this sort of thing would go. http://i.imgur.com/4WDlr.png Anyway, a long time ago, I downloaded this blood tileset, and forgot who made it. I don't want to not credit the person who made it. I tried looking for the source using...
  11. HopeFragment

How to make this formula?

It worked! I tested with actor 3 in the party, without actor 3 in the party, and actor 3 in the party but not in battle, and it worked as intended. Thank you!
  12. HopeFragment

What if actor 3 isn't an active party member participating in the battle? It should only recognize him as "in the party" if he is participating in the battle, even if he is part of the party. Wouldn't a conditional branch not be able to check that when doing "if Actor is in party"? Or am I wrong...
  13. HopeFragment

First off thank you two for helping; I can't try anything right now as I am out, but perhaps I should have given a little more information. The formula wouldn't have to take into consideration what happens when actor 3 uses the skill, or when two different actors know the skill, because actor 3...
  14. HopeFragment

Hi, I'm making a very weird move that under normal circumstances, gives all enemies Confuse and Silence (so "all enemies" scope, and in the effects box it adds confuse and silence 100%), and gives the user state 54. However, if actor 3 is in the battle, the user instead gets state 55, and actor...
  15. HopeFragment

Orginized Skill Menu?

As a person very familiar with EarthBound, I don't think a screenshot is enough information for what you're trying to convey to people who aren't familiar with it. You need to explain that the greek letters are supposed to be spell tiers, how they are selected, added, etc.
  16. HopeFragment

How to make two attacks

Tested the first one you gave me, it didn't work, but the issue was you put b.states.any when I intended for the user of the attack to have the state, so I changed it to a.states.any and after that it worked. Thank you! The other one does damage but didn't give enemies a state. EDIT: Oh nvm...
  17. HopeFragment

How to make two attacks

There are two skills I'm having trouble figuring out how to make so I'll ask for help with both on the same post. The first one I need help with is I want a skill that works like Facade from Pokemon. In Pokemon, Facade is a move that does a certain amount of damage normally, but does double...
  18. HopeFragment

Does anyone have these scripts (VX Ace) that were taken down?

Thank you Sixth, you are a lifesever.
  19. HopeFragment

Does anyone have these scripts (VX Ace) that were taken down?

Hope this is the right place for this. I'm looking for scripts for VX Ace; Tsukihime's Scope Damage Modifier, as well as her Attack Animation script. She has her scripts on her site here, but both of those I'm looking for link to RPG Maker Central rather than himeworks, and therefore have a...
  20. HopeFragment

Youngest possible age for an RPG

I think basic arithmetic isn't a requirement, but it would make the game easier, such as being able to tell when a healing spell would be needed based on how much damage the opponent deals relative to your HP. (My first RPG by the way was Pokemon Yellow at 7 years old)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Setup a system to cull enemies that are too far from the player to matter, and to spawn new ones just outside of view. Take that lag! :LZSexcite:
That trope is alive more than ever, not so much elemental Crystal's but gathering magical objects or doing "task" to unlock this oddly specific thing is everywhere, I saw it saw it in the IT 2 remake, avengers and every season of supernatural
It's raining...in winter :")
I was stunned-STUNNED-to find that I have been working on my current project since November. It feels like so much less time than that.
Stream will be live shortly with some art! Going to do a recolor, then start on a new monster! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceoxy-