Search results

1. Nicola

VNMaker Community Review of IGMC 2017 Contest

I had no idea how much I had missed on Discord! It would've been more helpful to maybe have one area for all chat like people have mentioned. I look after my toddler and work on other days so I only have time here and there to go on the forums, I couldn't keep up with discord as well. Edit x2...
  2. Nicola

@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome I imagine honesty is greatly appreciated here, I certainly appreciate it and I have to say, when I saw the comment on Starfall (I don't know the dev but I thought it was a cool game) in the comments a judge said it was a colossal failure and I was shocked to be...
  3. Nicola

RMMV All IGMC2017 votes and results in a spreadsheet

@metronome Thank you, yes I am exceptionally happy with my scores and my average! I got 62 then 49 and both of the written comments from the judges meant lots to me. For me personally it's been a fantastic experience. I have read your post, and yes, who knows! Haha. It is clear as far as I can...
  4. Nicola

This is a lovely idea for a thread :)! Pros: - The community available whilst the contest was going on. Lots of ways to talk to others, get opinions etc. and also when it was finished. The reviews for me have been immensely positive and encourages me to keep on with game making. - The...
  5. Nicola

@Talonos Thanks so much for this, it's helped my brain that had been turned into 100k tangled wires of confusion.
  6. Nicola

I am still a bit confused, maybe I am misunderstanding something. According to this chart: Colossal conquest had an average of 60.5 Unsung heroes avg: 61.5 Game Night avg: 64 Dream Devourer avg: 60.5 Gnosis Disperitu avg: 60.5 All of these weren't in the Judge's top 20. Was it a mix of...
  7. Nicola

ProGM, thank you very much for this spreadsheet! It does boggle my brain that there are many high scoring games here that didn't make it into the top 20. I was personally really, really happy with the scores I was given and the feedback I got from the judges, the score of 62/80 blew me away! I...
  8. Nicola

RMMV Indrah's IGMC2017 Let's Plays and notes. 50 games and counting

@Archeia There should totally be an IGMC advent calendar where we get to open a door each day and see the name of a game in the top 20. The suspense killz :kaomad2:
  9. Nicola

https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017/rate/188190 Without a doubt, the most blatant boobie game. I watched a video playthrough and my eyes almost fell out watching it, especially the end :eek:
  10. Nicola

RMMV How do you feel about your game looking back?

Thank you @Zelgadis85, I very much appreciate yours and everyone else's honesty and I'm also over the moon that you like A Conga's Tale so much. It can be hard when others don't like your game, but I feel like even this topic is evidence that there is a wide variance of what people like. Almost...
  11. Nicola

Thank you for all of the recent answers since my last post! It's all so interesting. @watermark Thank you especially for your comments to me and I agree not all my questions are fair haha. It's completely up to everyone what they'd like to answer, I think more to see how well people think...
  12. Nicola

RMVXA Octopus Delfts Reloaded (IGMC 2017) - The game no one wants but everyone deserves

The story is totally genius :eek:. Will have to download this later!
  13. Nicola

These are all brilliant replies. Thank you all for taking the time to answer. It's really nice seeing how everyone else feels about the whole experience :) definitely many similar feelings to my own!
  14. Nicola

Hi everyone! As there's been lots of discussion on other people's games, I thought it'd be nice to have a thread where people talk about their own games, looking back at what you've accomplished and how you feel about it now since having feedback. A few questions I've come up with: What...
  15. Nicola

RMMV Come and meet the Congas!

Thank you so much for this review. I was so anxious to watch it and I am so grateful for everything. I'm not sure how you managed to break it at the end march but never mind! It's not something that's ever happened with anyone else. Edit: If anyone finds any problems with the end sequence...
  16. Nicola

Thank you Dezue! I think Quidget could take the fat chicken in a fight, hands down. :biggrin:
  17. Nicola

Thanks for accepting this thread!
  18. Nicola

If you'd like to give it a go, come and meet them here!: https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017/rate/190599 Thank you for your time!
  19. Nicola

Hiya Indrah! Whilst I am a bit of a sensitive soul, I'd really appreciate you giving my game a go: https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017/rate/190599 I really like genuine and honest feedback. Thanks for all the reviews you've done so far. It's nice to have a lot to look at over the waiting period!
  20. Nicola

2017 IGMC Goals and Progress Thread

Hi everyone! I've had a lot of fun reading through all of people's highlights as well as problems in their games over the last few weeks, it's always good to know you're not the only one with earth shatteringly bad errors at points in the game. I was a bit anxious to join the forum as you never...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Setup a system to cull enemies that are too far from the player to matter, and to spawn new ones just outside of view. Take that lag! :LZSexcite:
That trope is alive more than ever, not so much elemental Crystal's but gathering magical objects or doing "task" to unlock this oddly specific thing is everywhere, I saw it saw it in the IT 2 remake, avengers and every season of supernatural
It's raining...in winter :")
I was stunned-STUNNED-to find that I have been working on my current project since November. It feels like so much less time than that.
Stream will be live shortly with some art! Going to do a recolor, then start on a new monster! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceoxy-