Search results

1. SwoX

Mac version stops responding when setting move routes

This is still an issue. Please fix this bug! It's driving me a bit nuts! For some reason it's doing it almost every other time I change a move route now.
  2. SwoX

Terrax Lighting system

This script is great! Thanks so much for all your work on it! Two (Edit: 3) things I'd love to see in it are: (1) A way to alter the amount of feathering on light sources (i.e. the rate at which it fades to darkness). Control over that fadeout would be really cool. That would also be cool...
  3. SwoX

My Actor doesn't take damage and auto run no longer workz

I see. Regardless, it doesn't look like the item's the issue. It's most likely a defence stat getting too high. The basic formula is a.atk * 2 - def, so if your defence is greater than 2X the attack of an enemy, you'll take 0 damage (e.g. if attack = 10 and defence = 20, 10 x 2 - 20 = 0). So...
  4. SwoX

Sorry, I missed it amongst the screenshots. I don't see why the scroll would be causing the issue. It's likely a matter of defence being too high. If that's the case, you'll just need to manage your defence stat so it doesn't get to a level where it leads to 0 damage being taken, increase the...
  5. SwoX

Can you post all the stats for the scroll?
  6. SwoX

The default damage formula for basic can result in zero damage being taken if someone's defence is high enough. That's my best guess on that front. Try lowering their defence stat (by removing all armor, etc.), then see if they take damage.
  7. SwoX

That's true - I'd missed that part. It's still the only way that I've had an autorun not work. But I thought of a new way, and that's having several events set to autorun at the same time. When I did that, only one of them ran; the others did nothing. So perhaps the issue is that you have more...
  8. SwoX

Character Names, Newbie question

The simplest way to add NPC names above their heads would be to put them onto their sprite sheets. I'm not sure what you want to do with the first question... maybe a mock-up of what you want would help communicate it better...?
  9. SwoX

The only time I've seen an autorun event not run properly is if they have a condition required to run (i.e. the stuff on the top left of each event - switches, variables, self-switches, etc.) that hasn't been met. That would be the first thing I check. As Shaz has said, seeing a screenshot of...
  10. SwoX

Bounty System?

You can tell the player what number a variable is at by putting \V[n] (where n is the variable number you want it to show). I'm not sure where you want it to show this info to them, but if you were using variable 1 for this, you could show this in a dialogue that looks like this (minus the...
  11. SwoX

Yeah, I was raging a bit when it happened most recently, but apparently I did save when I switched to a different map, so only lost a few minutes of work... this time. I thought I'd lost the better part of an hour. It's been worse in the past. I've gotten so used to Mac apps saving automatically...
  12. SwoX

Can't use my own BGM..

I had the same problem with sound effects I've made and found that the OGG and M4A solution worked for me (I'm on a Mac, if that makes any difference). I used VLC for conversion, which worked perfectly, but unfortunately has to be done one file at a time. It'd be really nice if we could just...
  13. SwoX

It seems to happen most frequently when creating or editing a move route. The app just freezes up and there's no recourse but force quitting it. This happens semi-frequently, maybe once every few hours. I can't reproduce the bug reliably, so I can't pin down exactly what's causing it. Another...
  14. SwoX

Scrolling Cloud Picture help in MV

I got an effect like that in VX Ace by using two fog pictures and making a parallel process that looped it looked something like this: Show Image 1: Fog1 at 700, 700 Move image 1: 600, 600, 600 frames, wait Move image 1: 500, 500, 600 frames, wait etc. until I was at 100, 100, then I'd do a...
  15. SwoX

Team Good Armory

Here are the things I posted in the original thread. :)
  16. SwoX

Feedback RPG Maker MV

I'm quite happy with the changes to plugins, but that's probably because I'm not a coder (I can read and understand some code, but not really write it). Generally speaking, I'm delighted so far. Just the fact that I'm able to make an RPG Maker game in OSX without Parallels, etc., is amazing  :D...
  17. SwoX

A question about art

Sorry, wrong thread. Here's something on topic:  Last Word was pretty successful as far as I know, and that was made primarily with default resources and a few scripts that I believe were from Yanfly, etc. It can certainly be done :)
  18. SwoX

Thanks a lot :D It just took a few edits to the Zombie tile set to make it move around like that.

Thanks a lot :D It just took a few edits to the Zombie tile set to make it move around like that.
  19. SwoX

Castle of Benevolence

It's a dying civilization's last attempt to preserve themselves... is that enigmatic or what?  :D Here's my audio submission. It's just a little fanfare piece, but not bad for a few hours of work  :P

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.
Setup a system to cull enemies that are too far from the player to matter, and to spawn new ones just outside of view. Take that lag! :LZSexcite:
That trope is alive more than ever, not so much elemental Crystal's but gathering magical objects or doing "task" to unlock this oddly specific thing is everywhere, I saw it saw it in the IT 2 remake, avengers and every season of supernatural
It's raining...in winter :")
I was stunned-STUNNED-to find that I have been working on my current project since November. It feels like so much less time than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hextasy