Search results

1. blurymind

What One Thing In RPG Maker Would You Like To See?

An event sheet that would allow non programmers to implement new game mechanics. Look at the event sheet in clicktea fusion, construct 2 and gdevelop. It gives for much better control over the mechanics of a game than the if else block in rpg maker
  2. blurymind

YSP_VideoPlayer

@Archeia there is an inherent problem with videos that have an alpha channel. Here is a link https://github.com/pixijs/pixi.js/issues/4089 Can you add the fix included in that issue to your code please? I injected it on the minified plugin and can confirm that the fix works Anyways, thank...
  3. blurymind

is there a simple way to determine in the current map has a note tag

well Idk about that, but we will see. The engine IS a pain in the ass for scripting. Especially compared to godot. Godot has a better code editor, debugger, api, better everything. The only reason I am trying to use this engine is the damned license on the awesome tilesets wont allow me to use...
  4. blurymind

Humble Bundle RPG Maker Software

Idk, 50+ $ ... its not humble any more. The highest tier used to be 10$ The indie greedy bundle morelike.. am i rite? xD badumtss You should warn people that if they buy the steam version of rpg maker, they wont be able to use it on any computers that dont have steam installed and wont get the...
  5. blurymind

Not saying it's wrong.. its just seeing it as THE example everywhere paints the first impression of the engine as a pain in the arse to script- if data access is like pulling teeth, then it wont be fun to play with the data xD It will be great if we could get a proper API doc. I know there is...
  6. blurymind

@Poryg it seems to work for me. I followed up on https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18922965/check-if-object-key-exists-within-array The in operator works and is great for associative arrays like the ones rpg maker is using but the one @Ossra provided seems like a cleaner syntax Why do most...
  7. blurymind

I came up with this: if ('testme' in $dataMap.meta){ console.log('>>>>>'+$dataMap.meta) }; not sure if its the best idea, do you think it might explode? Would be nice if we could find that plugin or get a good builtin solution for this. It is such a common thing when doing well anything...
  8. blurymind

can I just do if $dataMap.meta =='testme'{ console.log('voala') } OSSRA, thank you, I will give that a try. Whydoesnt someone make a general purpose plugin for that? It will make the editor much more accessible and flexible
  9. blurymind

ok then, how (in script) do you check if the current map contains a note tag called <testme>? for example.. Please, give me some example code/method Right now both replies are telling me to write my own and I have been trying and failing to do that for the last hour so what is it? Is there...
  10. blurymind

and how? All could find everywhere were giant confusing loops to scan though very specific stuff. Does rpg maker mv really not have a simple function for checking basic stuff like that? :o Check if the current event has a note tag, check if the current map has a note tag? If its not a part...
  11. blurymind

Iavra Gif

the plugin is broken in new version of rpg maker mv 1.5.0
  12. blurymind

checking a plugin's state in a conditional branch

still says that its not defined
  13. blurymind

checking a plugin's state in a conditional branch

Is it possible to access a plugins variable or function from within a conditional branch in the event that is running the plugin? I am hacking the ABS alpha systen, trying to get an enemy bot's state? In the addons code there is a variable that tracks the bot's state: so in rpg maker mv, i...
  14. blurymind

MBS - FPLE MV

this is pretty cool.. to bad it doesnt render event sprites
  15. blurymind

Rpg maker Mv 1.5.1 on steam - Utils.RPGMAKER_VERSION returns 1.2

oooh, I see So the editor will not update the version number on the project
  16. blurymind

Rpg maker Mv 1.5.1 on steam - Utils.RPGMAKER_VERSION returns 1.2

The steam version of rpg maker mv 1.5.1 thinks that it is version 1.2 This breaks a number of plugins on it. See here: https://github.com/KageDesu/Alpha-ABS/issues/3 Utils.RPGMAKER_VERSION returns 1.2
  17. blurymind

scripting help-return event's name

here is a pull request: https://github.com/KageDesu/Alpha-ABS/pull/4/commits/017417a813808593f7893ddf9c4931938a4ca803
  18. blurymind

this is the line case 'activate': var name = args[1] || null; if (name == null)//if no name was supplied by the user, automatically grab the name of the event that runs it { name =...
  19. blurymind

I ended up editing the abs plugin directly and added it as a feature
  20. blurymind

Ok I think I got it: $dataMap.events[this.eventId()].name However it doesnt work at all when used with ABS activate :/

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.
Setup a system to cull enemies that are too far from the player to matter, and to spawn new ones just outside of view. Take that lag! :LZSexcite:
That trope is alive more than ever, not so much elemental Crystal's but gathering magical objects or doing "task" to unlock this oddly specific thing is everywhere, I saw it saw it in the IT 2 remake, avengers and every season of supernatural
It's raining...in winter :")

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisred801