Search results

1. Eschaton

Critique my class system. Needs a lot of work.

First, I design almost all skills around the philosophy that damage is the main goal; no turn should be wasted on skills that ONLY cause a SLIGHT chance of debuffing the enemy. So, all skills do damage, and all skills cause debuffs. Skills need to have high utility; even if the enemy is...
  2. Eschaton

Critique my Healer class

Hello, all. For my project, the player can select from among a small selection of classes.  One class focuses on healing the party using their signature pray Pray. On it's own, Pray recovers a paltry amount of HP for the party, but Pray gains additional effects based on: The player's karma...
  3. Eschaton

Concept for Equipment, Skill Learning, and Character Progression

I'm not going to use this, it is merely a thought I had for something I was doing long ago. 1.  Equip something.  Let's say it's a chain necklace that increases defense. 2.  Gather points.  Let's call them AP.  Chain has AP threshold displayed in the equipment scene. 3.  Meet AP threshold. ...
  4. Eschaton

Required Party Members

I'm sorry for the misleading title. I'm not talking about the game forcing a party member to go with you.  Rather, I'm talking about a game in which any party member can die, but if one or however many die, that means game over. For context, I'm imagining a game whose story involves a...
  5. Eschaton

ATB and Timed Hits

There seems to be a consensus here that the above gameplay elements...kinda suck. Why? Can I get somebody's bad experience with these?
  6. Eschaton

Tutorial Levels and New Game Plus: A Rant

I've been playing Mass Effect 2 a few times (because it's just so damn fun).  When playing through the tutorial level, I got a little impatient with the hand-holding.  Particularly at the point in which Miranda and Jacob force you to put them into cover while "you take point" (when in fact...
  7. Eschaton

Stealth in Battle

I'm not sure how to ask this question. Mechanically, in Ace, I figure stealth could be a buff to TGR. Maybe that buff could depend on the median ACC of all your enemies in an evented skill. Perhaps having this state could give that actor access to certain skills such as "backstabbing," or...
  8. Eschaton

Map Exploration and the Tactical Battle System

I'm experimenting with GTBS, but I feel like it may clash with exploration of maps.  Free exploration of maps is important to this project, which is supposed to be a balance of staff and resource management with an open world. Yes, I know that's really ambitious. What I'm asking here, is...
  9. Eschaton

State that goes away when you attack

Exactly what it says on the tin.  How do I set it up to where when an actor begins combat, he/or she has a state that they relinquish when they attack an enemy.  How do I do this? Hopefully the solution doesn't involve tons of eventing.
  10. Eschaton

Party Members

I had this idea... You start with a certain number of party members, then gain a few, then...they start getting killed off one by one. Either you fight them as bosses, or a powerful enemy kills them. I'd imagine this working for a more action-oriented game in which you control one character...
  11. Eschaton

Damage Popups

Just how important are they? I'm thinking that they would not be in my project because they'd make the screen a bit too busy.  Either that, or having an option to turn them off if I am able.
  12. Eschaton

Final Boss *spoilers-ish*

I had this idea... I say that a lot. Anyway, I had this idea that the final fight of the main story in my project would be a one-on-one fight.  It wouldn't be one of those deals where you can't lose, nor would it be easier than the penultimate fight like in some games. It's going to be a true...
  13. Eschaton

An Idea I Had...

So, I was playing Dragon Age II, and I was doing the quest where the Hawke brothers decided to break into their old family home and find their grandfather's will.  In a fit of *roleplaying,* I decided to bring only the Hawke brothers on the quest.  The only other two party members I had were an...
  14. Eschaton

Weapon Loadout

Weapon Loadout I don't think a script like this exists exactly, but I wanna try my luck.  I'll let the scripters decide if it exists, a script that would allow this to happen exists, or if it has yet to exist. Actors have multiple slots to equip weapons (more than two).  However, they don't...
  15. Eschaton

Level One

I've played quite a few RPGs and have noticed something:  a lot of them don't have the characters start at level one.  I've seen some start as high as level seven. This begs the question:  what is the point of levels one through six?  Also, I've noticed a lot of WRPGs actually do start at...
  16. Eschaton

Can only cast at 100% TP

Is there a trick or a (move if you need to) script that would require the actors to have 100% TP to use a skill, but not all skills cost 100 TP to use? Meanwhile, there would be a TP regen. This is a recipe for skills having something sort of a global cooldown, but skills have differing...
  17. Eschaton

The Most Satisfying Ending Ever

I'd like to open the discussion of the most satisfying end to a series (film, novel, comic/graphic novel, game, what-have-you). I'll start with mine: the best superhero films ever made, the Nolan Batman Films. Never before had I been so elated to see the bittersweet goodbye to such well...
  18. Eschaton

Ethics of resurrecting the dead

I'm thinking of disallowing the player from being able to resurrect his party (no resurrection spells or services). Dead is dead. Player death is game over and reload. However, the player can bring them back using a spell that turns dead NPCs into zombies.  They still have their old skills and...
  19. Eschaton

RTP Eric

Can someone slap together some sprites of RTP Eric (Ace) nonchalantly drinking out of a glass?  If detail permits, an amber-brownish fluid? I'd be super-grateful.
  20. Eschaton

Damage Formula help

Is this possible in the damage formula box?  If not, how do I accomplish this effect? Formula for nearly all skills: (User's Offensive parameter plus y) minus (target Defensive parameter plus w) = z If z higher than target's Defensive Parameter multiplied by x, then inflict/remove state...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!
Anyone know the best size image to put in signature?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostPunishR