Search results

1. jkweath

To be honest, I got inspired to check out Luna Engine after seeing this video on Twitter. Now I...

To be honest, I got inspired to check out Luna Engine after seeing this video on Twitter. Now I don't know if that person used Luna Engine, but I LOVE the arrangement of the equip menu, and the idea of making a custom status menu sounds great too. Even the battle scene looks fancy.
  2. jkweath

The Book of Shadows (Released 9.12.19)

If you do, just remember that it's been 2 1/2 years since I made it and I've improved a lot since then :kaopride:
  3. jkweath

Ah yeah, I've seen that plugin before and some others like it. I thought about using it at one...

Ah yeah, I've seen that plugin before and some others like it. I thought about using it at one point but heard somewhere that it's not compatible with Yanfly's Battle Engine Core, is that true? Yeah, I feel like $60 is a little steep, but it seems from looking at the screenshots that you can...
  4. jkweath

Pretty much for its intended purpose of editing the menus. Judging by the screenshots and videos...

Pretty much for its intended purpose of editing the menus. Judging by the screenshots and videos it looks really nice, much easier than just editing the base code itself. maybe. I would've sworn it was $30 when I first saw it though. Maybe it was on sale before, but it's $60 now.
  5. jkweath

Thinking about picking up Luna Engine, but also wondering if I should wait to see if it goes on...

Thinking about picking up Luna Engine, but also wondering if I should wait to see if it goes on sale.
  6. jkweath

+1 on the idea of allowing players to skip cutscenes--though I could see some players skipping a scene, only to immediately become confused if they're not reminded on where to go next. Then again, there's so much story and stuff to learn that, if a player finds themselves wanting to skip a...
  7. jkweath

Great to hear you're working on a sequel! I picked up Book of Shadows a few days ago (as you already know). I haven't beat it yet, but I wanted to go ahead and post with my impressions. It'll probably take a long time for me to finish, especially since an RTS remake I've been looking forward to...
  8. jkweath

Android save data

My understanding is that most all apps are installed to a location on your Android device that is *impossible* to access without rooting it. This isn't Degica's fault, it's just the way Android works. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is the case. This includes MV games...
  9. jkweath

@bgillisp your game was the one I was talking about earlier :cool:

@bgillisp your game was the one I was talking about earlier :cool:
  10. jkweath

@MushroomCake28 Yeah, I'm aware of that, I was just hoping for someone who has played a...

@MushroomCake28 Yeah, I'm aware of that, I was just hoping for someone who has played a commercial MV game or two here to give me a suggestion. Maybe even a self-promotion. Alas, no one spoke up, so I picked out a VXAce game I've been meaning to play anyway.
  11. jkweath

@Mordridakon funnily enough, I've seen that game before. It looks, uh... Interesting, but I...

@Mordridakon funnily enough, I've seen that game before. It looks, uh... Interesting, but I think I'll pass. @RCXDan I was more leaning toward jRPGs from this specific community, but OneShot is a game I need to try out yet.
  12. jkweath

I have a couple RPGs in mind already. I'd prefer to try a game made in MV that's on Steam or...

I have a couple RPGs in mind already. I'd prefer to try a game made in MV that's on Steam or somewhere else so I can pay the developer.
  13. jkweath

While I take a break from developing RPGs, I'm thinking of doing something I've never done...

While I take a break from developing RPGs, I'm thinking of doing something I've never done before: actually playing an RPG released by someone else. Any suggestions?
  14. jkweath

Yanfly Combat Systems Still Functional?

My understanding is that Yanfly's alternative battle system plugins (ATB, STB, CTB I think) should all be fully functioning, but you'll need to thoroughly test whichever system you use with whatever combination of plugins you have for compatibility issues. I would assume that they would work...
  15. jkweath

I suppose so. They had quite a list of suggestions for me too, mostly involving controller...

I suppose so. They had quite a list of suggestions for me too, mostly involving controller support. For example: they warned that if you unplug a controller while playing and plug it back in, the game won't recognize it. I didn't even know that. Nothing I can do about that, as far as I know.
  16. jkweath

To clarify, I'm not mad about it at all, just surprised. It was an easy fix. I assumed that...

To clarify, I'm not mad about it at all, just surprised. It was an easy fix. I assumed that Steam's review process probably involved opening the game, seeing that it works, and then closing it and moving on. They're better than I thought.
  17. jkweath

The build for my latest game, Roguelite 2, was rejected because one of the NPCs recommends...

The build for my latest game, Roguelite 2, was rejected because one of the NPCs recommends checking out one of my previous games on the Google Play Store. Calls to action for other storefronts aren't allowed on Steam, as I quickly learned. The reviewer even brought up the NPC's name.
  18. jkweath

For anyone who has uploaded a game to Steam and wonders if they actually check your game's build...

For anyone who has uploaded a game to Steam and wonders if they actually check your game's build when you first upload it, I can personally vouch for Steam.
  19. jkweath

RPG maker Dev pro tips: 1, back up your project. 2, take care of your back. 3, back up your...

RPG maker Dev pro tips: 1, back up your project. 2, take care of your back. 3, back up your project again.
  20. jkweath

Screen Resolution issue (mobile phones)

Yes, that is the same issue I had, so everything I said probably applies to your case too.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made Custom ENEMY Information Screen
I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
Created a character outline with some code. I have no use for this. I'm....bored.....
Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmbor