Search results

1. Sailerius

The Most Important Question: Vanilla Coke (The official be a little bit silly thread)

Given the epidemic of lead poisoning in our water, I'm not so sure about water being a great alternative.
  2. Sailerius

Best video game battle system?

I have to go with Metal Gear Solid V. In spite of being a stealth/action game, it felt structured like the way RPGs should be: tight focus on preparation, tactics, and situational awareness. It felt the most like an RPG of any game I've played in a long time. It's the mark of truly great...
  3. Sailerius

Help me find a game for my tablet!

Terra Battle is a lot of fun, despite its simple appearance. It's by Mistwalker.
  4. Sailerius

Not going to lie, I just scrolled through and clicked on the pictures that looked interesting to...

Not going to lie, I just scrolled through and clicked on the pictures that looked interesting to me. Sorry!
  5. Sailerius

Random Art Thread

Working on my first serious natural environment. Still not quite happy with the foliage.
  6. Sailerius

how does one circumvent steam's greenlight?

If you have to ask, then don't count on it happening. They'll contact you if your game is good enough. If it's not, then that's what Greenlight is there for.
  7. Sailerius

Final Fantasy VI

Based on what information are you claiming that's a fact? Final Fantasy XIII was their fastest-selling game of all time. Its worst-selling sequel still outsold the best Persona game in Japan. FF14's original launch was a disaster but its current form is one of their most profitable games of all...
  8. Sailerius

Final Fantasy VI

Drama and excitement is a matter of presentation moreso than the content. You can have the most exciting premise in the world but if the execution is lackluster, then it'll be boring. FFVI's narrative is soulless and devoid of emotion. And while yes, it did new things gameplay-wise for its time...
  9. Sailerius

Final Fantasy VI

Serious question: what's so good about it? The gameplay is repetitive and grindy and the characters are boring and forgettable. The only thing I ever hear anyone talk about is Kefka, who's just a 16-bit plagiarization of The Joker.
  10. Sailerius

Final Fantasy Series

1) What is your favourite FF game? FFXIII is by far the best. It's the only one with good gameplay, good story, and good characters. 2) What is your least favourite? FFVI and FFIX are a tie for the snoozefest of a story and cardboard cutout archetype characters. I honestly can't even...
  11. Sailerius

What is/are your favorite anime battles?

No mention of Fate/stay Night? I'll have to rectify that. every single battle is jaw-dropping.
  12. Sailerius

Just finished spending 13 hours on fixing a bug. Now to refactor out all the terrible code I...

Just finished spending 13 hours on fixing a bug. Now to refactor out all the terrible code I wrote trying to track it down...
  13. Sailerius

The "Best" RPG Maker Game?

The best one I've played is another by @Ronove, Memento Vivere, back from the golden days of RMXP. I've never played an RM game as compelling and well-written as it was. Sadly, the game never made it past the demo stage and it's hard to find the demo nowadays. I wish it would be reposted on RMN...
  14. Sailerius

It's one of those days where I've been working on the same bug for five hours straight. How are you?

It's one of those days where I've been working on the same bug for five hours straight. How are you?
  15. Sailerius

It's pretty much just Call of Duty with gaudy colors. Everyone kept going on about how...

It's pretty much just Call of Duty with gaudy colors. Everyone kept going on about how innovative it is but then I played it and it's just more derivative, generic garbage. Nintendo looked at Call of Duty sales numbers and said "yeah, let's do that" except they couldn't even clone a game...
  16. Sailerius

Having actually played it, it's just generic shooter-fare and the gimmick wears off in about 20...

Having actually played it, it's just generic shooter-fare and the gimmick wears off in about 20 minutes.
  17. Sailerius

It's just Call of Duty with cartoon graphics. It's every other generic shooter.

It's just Call of Duty with cartoon graphics. It's every other generic shooter.
  18. Sailerius

I tried playing it but it's just another generic shooter :(

I tried playing it but it's just another generic shooter :(
  19. Sailerius

most memorable locations in videogames?

Probably Noel's timeline from FFXIII-2. After the whole game was spent building up the dread and anticipation of seeing it, actually going there (unexpectedly) was an emotionally powerful moment. The stark red sky against the silhouetted, lonely shapes of the desolate landscape really hit home...
  20. Sailerius

Unity games and the rescent zero effort trend with stock assets

As somebody actively involved in both communities, that problem is far more common in RM than in Unity.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made Custom ENEMY Information Screen
I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
Created a character outline with some code. I have no use for this. I'm....bored.....
Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmbor