Search results

1. damianfox

More Character Frames

This looks very useful! To Shaz (Or anyone reading this) How can I learn MV's convention for how it -reads- sprite sheets? I spent a lot of time totally confused by the specific configuration of the tile sheets (A1,A2,A3 etc) and how the engine tries to auto-tile. So what I would like to...
  2. damianfox

RMMV Galv's Layer Graphics Help

Hello. I am new, so forgive my ignorance but I don't understand how to use parallax mapping. I was encouraged to install Galv's Layer Plugin, and I have done so, and followed the help notes up to a point where I am lost. I created a layers folder as instructed and put my test BG .png inside. I...
  3. damianfox

Resolution and tile size

So... I may have made a terrible mistake. I made a lot of environment art... like a LOT... but I made it 300dpi. My plan is to mainly parallax map so maybe I am ok... But I did just realize all the default images MV uses are 72dpi. Is this an issue? Do I just stay the course and keep using...
  4. damianfox

Real time punch-out style combat interface

I would like to commission a programmer to create the following battle interface: I have a big stack of details and specifications but this is the core idea. Timing and reaction based attacks. Message me if you think you can forge this.
  5. damianfox

Timed Hits (Battle system of SuperMarioRPG)

Thank you much! I will check out SRDude. I've been spriting and spriting getting nearly finished and have to work on the difficult part now. Trying not to be too ambitious but I LOVED how involved the fights were with this!
  6. damianfox

Timed Hits (Battle system of SuperMarioRPG)

Curious if anyone has developed a mod for this kind of battle system. In case you aren't familiar with this game, the engine has a bonus damage modifier if the player hits the confirm button an addition time on a very specific animation frame. Assuming nobody HAS made a mod for this... how...
  7. damianfox

SV battle sprite sizes

OK here we go: now to test this sucker: 
  8. damianfox

SV battle sprite sizes

Sorry. Don't see an option to delete a post. 
  9. damianfox

SV battle sprite sizes

I am systematically going through all the Yanfly plugins but thus far have not seen anything addressing the battler sprite size.
  10. damianfox

SV battle sprite sizes

I have not tested this out but can I double/triple the sizes of the battler sprites in side view mode? They are currently very tiny. Thanks!
  11. damianfox

Backgrounds: Image Based instead of Tile Based

This is what I was thinking. Sorry if I can't articulate it fully: I mainly do the arts:D   
  12. damianfox

Well I think I can draw a background that "looks" organic but has invisible tiles that determine the walkable paths using tile collision.  My understanding of parallax was like mountains moving in the background while trees in the foreground move quicker. (I am thinking nes side scrollers) Is...
  13. damianfox

Is there a way to set up MV so that I can use a large png/jpg/etc with collision and not use tiles? This is so I can hand illustrate BG maps and not use tiles. 
  14. damianfox

Battle Engine Symphony

Is there any limit to the size of the character sprites (for the party members)?
  15. damianfox

Creating side-view combat interface

Excellent. I will check out the beginner starting thread in your sig as well. I already found one answer: the terminology for the map type I want to create is "parallax" which makes sense. I much more confident in my art than getting it to actually run, haha. Thanks Andar~
  16. damianfox

Creating side-view combat interface

Hello! I am brand spanking new to this so forgive my ignorance. The default combat mode is in 1st person DragonQuest/PhantasyStar mode, and I would like to implement a side view similar to FF. Is this particularly complicated to set up? I have several other questions regarding resolution and...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Wow.... My last map GIF got 47 likes, 16 retweet and 2,105 views on Twitter in 24 hours. My game thread here's only got 3k views in 6-7 months. I guess building my Twitter was insanely worth it. :LZSexcite:
working hard working hard working hard >:)
Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhimsicalFae