Search results

1. JmyDown

Not quite, typography is the art of creating text like Times New Roman, Helvetica and Comic...

Not quite, typography is the art of creating text like Times New Roman, Helvetica and Comic Sans. It's very involved and I see it more of an art form more then a bunch of letters.
  2. JmyDown

Fully Voiced RPG

Thanks for your response, I have equipment and technical know how to record and edit audio so that's no problem. I'll do most of the main cast myself, I've voice acted before but yes it can get pricey depending who does voices. If anyone is interested I have free doughnuts at my place
  3. JmyDown

We tried hanging out other places but they weren't as cool.

We tried hanging out other places but they weren't as cool.
  4. JmyDown

As a fellow typography nerd that sounds exciting! Good luck with it!

As a fellow typography nerd that sounds exciting! Good luck with it!
  5. JmyDown

Fully Voiced RPG

Planning my first game and I'm thinking of making it a fully voiced RPG. Has this been done before and are there any technical limitation I should be aware of? Making it with VX Ace
  6. JmyDown

Figure out what the most important thing that needs doing and do it no matter how difficult...

Figure out what the most important thing that needs doing and do it no matter how difficult. When you finish it will give you a boost of energy to move onto the next. Never work on multiple things at the same time.
  7. JmyDown

@[92150:@Isabella Ava] I know, the excitement when I saw the thread and disappointment when I...

@[92150:@Isabella Ava] I know, the excitement when I saw the thread and disappointment when I realised it was finished! @[100539:@starlight dream] waiting for MV
  8. JmyDown

I figure one I get a handle on JS then jumping to another language wont be as tough. Plus bring...

I figure one I get a handle on JS then jumping to another language wont be as tough. Plus bring on another RPG maker I say!
  9. JmyDown

Apparently you need money to buy MV, who knew! In the meantime, learning Javascript. I should be...

Apparently you need money to buy MV, who knew! In the meantime, learning Javascript. I should be an expert by the time I can afford it!
  10. JmyDown

You never hear intelligent people say they are smart, they keep working on themselves, getting...

You never hear intelligent people say they are smart, they keep working on themselves, getting better and better so don't use the feeling of not being good enough as a negative, see it as a positive!
  11. JmyDown

Emotion And Writing of games

Oh man I forgot about the Mass Effect 3 stuff. Now I'm sad.
  12. JmyDown

It already exists, its called chocolate.

It already exists, its called chocolate.
  13. JmyDown

Non-Newbie Greeting

Welcome! I too used products back in the day. These kids don't know how easy they have it. Look forward to seeing you around!
  14. JmyDown

Great to hear, take time to write a script then everything else will fall into place

Great to hear, take time to write a script then everything else will fall into place
  15. JmyDown

There isn't anything to say to make it better but if you need time away from the community thats...

There isn't anything to say to make it better but if you need time away from the community thats ok but we are all here to help.
  16. JmyDown

Damn all you people who don't have kids!

Damn all you people who don't have kids!
  17. JmyDown

That's just one example. Game of thones looks complex but when you know how to spot elements...

That's just one example. Game of thones looks complex but when you know how to spot elements it's a very straightforward story.
  18. JmyDown

You can still have in depth stories full of twists. You just need to be smart how you write it...

You can still have in depth stories full of twists. You just need to be smart how you write it. Don't introduce elements that serve little purpose. For example if your character gets stabbed in the chest but is saved because he has a wad of cash in his wallet, the audience feels cheated. If your...
  19. JmyDown

Or when did I last eat?

Or when did I last eat?
  20. JmyDown

Yea, what I've learnt over years of story telling, the more simple the plot, the more easy to...

Yea, what I've learnt over years of story telling, the more simple the plot, the more easy to follow and ultimately more enjoyable. Maybe I should write a post on this subject?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

YES! officially released my games soundtrack on Itunes, Spotify, and Amazon..... kinda cool!

Another old age version of Reid. Trying out different style.
Hey everyone! Not sure how many people know about Cafofo Music on Itch.io, but I highly recommend their Sound Effects! It is amazing quality AND quantity and best of all, they are having a 50% sale! I can't express how much I love sales.
Wow.... My last map GIF got 47 likes, 16 retweet and 2,105 views on Twitter in 24 hours. My game thread here's only got 3k views in 6-7 months. I guess building my Twitter was insanely worth it. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeoValinferno