Search results

1. Ailius

Using Kickstarter.

In hindsight, I really didn't care about the money to begin with, so I really shouldn't care now. It was also my first game, so on the other hand I really shouldn't have tried to market it at all because there were a *lot* of mistakes, ham-fisted politics being the worst one. Furthermore I was...
  2. Ailius

Using Kickstarter.

Pay no attention to the ordinary bush. Nobody is hiding behind it.
  3. Ailius

Using Kickstarter.

Dammit. Now I need to go into hiding.
  4. Ailius

Chrono Engine ABS tutorial

And, now I need help. I'm getting some bug with the hookshot that shows up rarely and locks the player out of the controls. If the player gets hit controls come back and they can move again. I'm not surprised given all the other abusive things I'm doing with events, mixing Yanfly and Moghunter...
  5. Ailius

Using Kickstarter.

This is half a gripe, but I also would like to know if this works. So, there's this RPGmaker game on steam with a $5 price tag that has about half the content of the $1 game I'm selling. No surprise why I can't market mine...I'm not an artist. I simply lack the skills to make good advertising...
  6. Ailius

plugin or easy way for armor customization?

The closest thing I can think of that might help you is one of SumRndmDde 's plugins. I hope you're using MV. MZ is new so if you want uber plugins for it, you kinda have to wait. http://sumrndm.site/character-creator/
  7. Ailius

How do you market a game with a mystery/plot twist without spoiling it?

Thanks for the help. Sadly, it seems I need more. I posted the demo and it's received zero interest whatsoever, so I clearly need more help: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/the-miasma-atb.128365/ First, I need to redefine the problem because I asked the wrong question to begin...
  8. Ailius

Sorry, I can't make your project for you.
  9. Ailius

Okay. Use the selfswitch trick to immediately turn the boss invisible. Have the corner event find the boss' location. Then have it move the boss to some corner of the map, move itself where the boss was, then call the explosion animation on itself.
  10. Ailius

My main character has 2 personalities. How do I make it work?

If you're going the one actor approach, I recommend making the transformation a common event. I actually never needed plugins for that. If you're going the two actors approach...I think you have to use a menu plugin to remove the inactive actor from the party as the player brings up the menu.
  11. Ailius

The three notes to get you started are: Dead Switch Id : X (Turns a switch on) Dead Variable Id : X (Turns a variable on) Dead Selfswitch Id: X (Turns a selfswitch on) All these are added as notes on the Enemy Sheet in the Database. If you reverse engineer the Mog ABS demo you'll see the bosses...
  12. Ailius

What options are there for recovering a deployed game?

My motherboard got fried and I've lost all my projects. All I've got are the deployed versions on Mediafire. I think I remember the encryption key to one of them. I saw in another thread that Archeia is the only one who can decrypt a game. Are there other options?
  13. Ailius

All you have is script commands that go into the custom movement route. An easy way to do a bow skill is to have the enemy event turn towards the player, then this.act(X) where X is your bow skill. this.touchDamage(true) is the quick and sloppy way of making them damage the player on contact...
  14. Ailius

RMMV The Miasma[ATB]

There are some suggestions I'd like to fish for: Any advice for the menu setup? I left things pretty default for now, and usually the better developers seem to want to mix everything up. Also, is it possible to explain character mechanics without the internal monologue? To sum up the...
  15. Ailius

RMMV The Miasma[ATB]

The Miasma SECTION A: SYNOPSIS IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS SECTION B: CHARACTERS [/SPOILER] SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT [/LIST] [/SPOILER] DOWNLOAD LINK CREDITS
  16. Ailius

Okay, this is a bit irritating. Maybe it's my fault for not being clear enough, but I stated in my first post that the big reveal occurs in the opening act, and two of out of the three responses I got could be summed up as "well, don't expect an ending plot twist to carry your story, dummy!" To...
  17. Ailius

The title question says it all. I'm working on a game with a big mystery plot. I think the best comparison is something like The Matrix. It's something major on the 'reality isn't what the protagonist thinks it is' kind of level, but the big details are revealed in the opening act so that plot...
  18. Ailius

What is a Puzzle? (in RPGs)

I suppose I did. Good point.
  19. Ailius

What is a Puzzle? (in RPGs)

Well, if you were to deconstruct Michelangelo's statue of David, you could call it: 2377 kg of CaO, 1415 kg of SiO2, 1811 kg of MgCO3, and some other miscellaneous molecules. Such is the nature of deconstructing art. That is why one should in general shy away from deconstructing things.
  20. Ailius

Moghunter's ABS - Vampires in sunlight

I had a problem - I tried researching it for the purposes of posting this thread and ended up solving it. So, I'll leave this here for public benefit. Anyway, if you want an enemy to take damage from something other than the player, make a skill that damages the user, and then have the enemy...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go
Made a video showcasing 56 plugins I've installed and used in the first 5 minutes of my game. (No battle related plugins involved.) :LZScheeze:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyonStop