Search results

1. CallMeKerrigan

RPGMaker MV Teddy Bear Face

I'm trying to find a faceset that would kind of match the rtp style that would look like a teddy bear and have black eyes and be expressionless. I want the teddy bear to match the bear tile that came to the rtp, because it's kinda the companion to my main character and she talks to him a lot. He...
  2. CallMeKerrigan

Making Relationships System Into Puzzles That Advance the Game

What do you think of something that would be similar to Stardew Valley where all of the characters have their own schedule in the city-but instead of a farming simulator where you farm- the game is linear and the relationship system is actually part of a puzzle. This is something I've been...
  3. CallMeKerrigan

Making Hunting Mechanics Like Survival Games

I've been wondering how you could do it in RPG Maker without using a battle system. I don't like the idea of using turn based battle to kill spiders or bears.. which I guess it could be done, but I think it would be too complicated and would be really boring when the player's only skill would...
  4. CallMeKerrigan

Using emojis in modern setting games

I have a game set close to New York City in present day time. While I was working on my game I was thinking it would be kind of cool to integrate emojis as they are a big part of American culture right now. I looked up the legality and it seems like is it okay to use emojis if they can be...
  5. CallMeKerrigan

How do you design your game?

I'm just curious about if you are finished with a game, or mostly finished, what your process is. For me, I make a bunch of maps and then kind of get stuck once I lose interest making maps and start all over with a new game. (I know, that's terrible) The 2 games I ever got closest to finishing...
  6. CallMeKerrigan

Gold and merchants without combat

I have been wondering if it is possible to have purchasable items in a game that doesn't use combat or skills. How would purchasing items benefit you if they can't be used in combat, and what types of things could the player buy? If you use the model of purchasing things to advance in the game...
  7. CallMeKerrigan

Show Not Tell Without Flashbacks

As far as show, not tell, flash backs seem to be the go-to mechanic for showing things that happened prior to the game timeline. However this can sometimes be problematic as people can use flashbacks that over explain and aren't necessary, or they just are out of order and end up confusing the...
  8. CallMeKerrigan

Heroine Generator Pack Steam DLC

I bought the Heroine Generator Pack on Steam on October 5th. When I opened the DLC folder in my steam apps, I only have the gradients and the PDF for this resource pack but no generator parts. I'm not sure who to contact so I can get the parts that were supposed to come with it.
  9. CallMeKerrigan

Does anyone know where I can find a lava lamp tile?

I tried googling it, but to no avail. I am looking for a lava lamp tile for Rpgmaker MV, preferably animated so it could be evented to move, and in rtp. But I am not picky at all. Please do not go out of your way to make it, I can do it myself, I just wanted to know if there was already a tile...
  10. CallMeKerrigan

Picture to Variable Plugin?

In VX Ace there was a script by NeonBlack that came with Celianna's Rural farm tiles. It was a script where you could assign a picture to a variable that would appear on screen at all times as long as the variable was met. For example if Variable = 10 then a picture you had assigned to the...
  11. CallMeKerrigan

Making Personality Traits Elementals

What do you think of making personality traits as elementals for a game in a modern setting? I am working on my database right now for my game and I want to add an elemental system because I think it will add more depth to my heroes and enemies. Such as one of my main characters has a wrath or...
  12. CallMeKerrigan

Keep changing formation from changing character sprite?

I noticed that the player can change formation and make another party member the leader of the party, changing the character sprite. I was wondering if there was a way around this because it makes the cutscenes look silly where it is supposed to be the main character and another party member...
  13. CallMeKerrigan

Can I name a fictional country after a bussiness?

There's a company in my state and their name sounds like a fantasy city. It's not an actual word, though. Would I get in any legal trouble if I named the country in my game the same name as their business? I know I can come up with millions of other names but it just feels right.
  14. CallMeKerrigan

Organizing your tasks

This is probably a really simple question, but I'm having a lot of trouble with it. How do you decide what you're going to work on next in your game? This is a problem I have when I don't really have a deadline. I have all of my ideas mapped out in my head and I know exactly hpw to transition...
  15. CallMeKerrigan

MV steam cloud

I had to reset my PC and lost my project and all of the backups. Does MV save to the steam cloud?
  16. CallMeKerrigan

Tiles by Kerrigan Updated 02/07/2020 (Monster sprite and spider leg gen parts)

I wanted some Apocalyptic Las Vegas-esque tiles and MV is lacking in modern tiles. So I edited some from the RTP and wanted to share them. You can use them in commercial or non commercial games, I don't care about the game content as long as you make them with RPGMaker and own MV because I...
  17. CallMeKerrigan

Raising Parameters Temporarily

I know this is probably a bit of a silly question, but how do I make an item that raises a parameter temporarily? I want to make an item increase magic attack by +5 and have it wear off after a certain period of time.
  18. CallMeKerrigan

Is it possible to have different parameter names for each actor?

What I want to do is have MP be different to each actor. For example, for one actor MP would be named 'Focus', and for another it would be named 'Ammo' or something, effectively meaning something different to each party member to give the illusion of different types of skill costs. In the...
  19. CallMeKerrigan

Modern Day/ Sci Fi Skills

Making a fantasy based combat system is a little bit less challenging than a modern day combat system. Obviously physical skills like punch, kick, even bite could translate. But what about Magic? I was thinking magic could translate somewhat into psychology and first aid. Like bandaging your...
  20. CallMeKerrigan

RMMV The Funeral

The Funeral Warning: This game h as flashing sprites and off-screen violence. Brief scene with obscene language. Story The Funeral is a short mystery about the main character, Kata, finishing up her search for 10 roses in a mysterious garden. Kata has been searching for the flowers for an...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greatgamegal