Search results

1. TMS

RMMZ VX-Style Battles

Would someone please create or point me towards a plugin that modifies the front-view battle system so that enemy attacks play animations over their target's portrait, like in XP? I like being able to show what the enemy's attacks look like, rather than just having their use blandly noted in text.
  2. TMS

Download Procedure?

So, this is probably a stupid question, but I preordered MZ, and now there are twelve different things to download. Does it matter in what order I download them, or where I save them?
  3. TMS

Function Keys Not Working

So I was looking at my old project today (which I haven't really done much in), and tried to use the Yanfly Doodads plugin during a playtest. But nothing happens when I hit F10, or for that matter when I hit F9, which I thought was supposed to bring up something else. Does anyone know what the...
  4. TMS

Party Size Considerations

Despite several attempts, I've yet to finish an RPG Maker project, so right now I'm preparing to begin work on what might become my first game, and I'm debating with myself on how I should handle the player's party. A search of this forum shows me a number of threads asking things like, "how...
  5. TMS

Finding Music

So this is kind of a dumb question. I noticed that there was a sale on today, and I started looking at the resources that were marked down. And it occurred to me, like it has before, that finding music for your game is really the most difficult part of resource gathering, because unlike with...
  6. TMS

Removing Default Parameters

There are some default parameters on MV, like Magic Defense, that I don't really want to use in my game. Is there an easy way to get rid of them? Or would I need a plugin for that?
  7. TMS

Help with exporting things from SAKAN

I'm using SAKAN for the first time, and I've created a title. That is to say, I've lazily stamped a rock and want to add it to MV's Outside tileset. I went to export it, and my rock is in the top left corner of the tileset (usually a blank space). Is there any way to move that rock, or expand...
  8. TMS

Five-Member Party

Apparently this has already been done (having more than four actors fighting at once), but I can't figure out how to duplicate it. I found this: http://mvplugins.com/plugin/MrTrivel/Battle%20Character%20Limit But it links to a script rather than a plugin download, so it seems to me that it...
  9. TMS

How do I open SAKAN Tileset Builder?

I bought it today, but I can't figure out how to open it through MV.
  10. TMS

Missing MV Content

Hopefully this is the right forum for this. I recently discovered that there is a significant amount of content missing from my version of RPG Maker MV (I first noticed because the BGMs go straight from "Theme2" to "Theme6." I mentioned this in a status and was told: "If you downloaded from the...
  11. TMS

Question about Skill Specialization

This is a somewhat broad topic, but it's one I've been thinking about a good deal as I prepare to get serious about my first game. I know that traditionally in RPGs characters tend to be specialized to some extent, with skills that reflect their assigned roles (the designated healer comes to...
  12. TMS

Starting Development: What to Focus on First

So I'm attempting to start my first game for the nth time, and instead of jumping right in as I did on my previous false starts, I thought I'd ask people with more experience where to begin. I have my plot and my ideas for the characters and locations and several other elements, so now it's time...
  13. TMS

Progress requirements for posting in Early Project Feedback?

It's really too early for me to be asking this, but I've been curious for a long while. I know that the Early Project Feedback forum is for games that have actually been begun (as opposed to still being in the purely conceptual phase), but I'm wondering whether the game needs to be in some sense...
  14. TMS

Do VX Ace's Battlers Clash with MV's Graphics?

I recently bought MV, because I wanted a more flexible mapping system, but the game I've been thinking about doing was "developed" with VX Ace's graphical resources in mind. I don't care for the battlers that come with MV (at least for this game), so I was planning on just importing all of the...
  15. TMS

Choosing a Game's Visual Style

How do you go about deciding what art style your game will use? Painted vs. pixels, RTP style vs. something else, etc. I'm one of those people who doesn't have any artistic skill, so if I don't want a game whose resources clash with each other, I have to decide what I want to go with beforehand...
  16. TMS

How can I change the menu if my game has only one skill type?

If my game doesn't differentiate between types of skills, how can I alter the game menu's Skills page to reflect that? By default, the Skills page has four windows: the skill description at the top, then below that a window on the left listing skill types and a window on the right showing the...
  17. TMS

Determining What Role Shops and Equipment Should Play

I'm starting my first game, and before jumping into it I decided i'd give some thought to the items, weapons, and armor the game will use, particularly the latter, since I wasn't sure what Armor Types to include and which of my five characters should be able to use which armor types. To be...
  18. TMS

My First Game... Huh...

Hello! Doubt you knew that I was gone, but now I'm back. I've been messing around with RPG Maker (first XP and then VX Ace) for a number of years now, but have yet to complete a game. A while ago I thought that I was ready to begin what would become my first, but other things came up, and...
  19. TMS

Slowing Down Battles

I was wondering how I might slow down the pace of battles by increasing the time between actions. Like, having a second or two pass between attacks. I would think that there's some numerical value in the default script that might be changed to make that happen, but maybe I'm wrong.
  20. TMS

Tweaking Yanfly's Enemy Attack Animations

I've just included Yanfly's Ace Battle System in my game, and I was wondering if there's any way to make it so that the animations for the enemy's attacks play atop the target actors' pictures rather than being obscured by the menu window. If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirteaters