Search results

1. kaukusaki

Virus Update Thread

I caught the rona back in april (my unlucky sickly butt always catching something) and since then after losing my place I've been in straight survival mode. since i'm out here scratching out a dinky miserable existence, my stress levels are way high and I'm hella afraid of getting sick again. (i...
  2. kaukusaki

It takes a lot of time and effort, especially as a single dev wearing all the hats (coding...

It takes a lot of time and effort, especially as a single dev wearing all the hats (coding graphics music debugging etc). To do so is quite the feat. For it to be your dream game would be an accomplishment. For it to do well would be a bonus (^_^メ)
  3. kaukusaki

How many times have you wanted to quit?

I hadn't quit yet, despite being sickly and gremlins like destroying my computers. (I may have been down for the count for a while, but i'm a tenacious fighter...) Now that i'm homeless and unable to find steady (paying!) work due to the rona, I have been plugging away at game dev despite the...
  4. kaukusaki

Laptop for game development

I used dells until that one caught fire o_O now I use HP. No issues since lol My current rig is the hp omen. I caught the last year's model for 1k the low end runs between $12/1500 and pretty much will handle anything you throw at it. I know it's overkill for rpg maker but I also dev in 3d...
  5. kaukusaki

There's also magix music maker or band in a box to consider.

There's also magix music maker or band in a box to consider.
  6. kaukusaki

Yeah when I'm overworked and don't get sleep or eat well over time I get physically sick from...

Yeah when I'm overworked and don't get sleep or eat well over time I get physically sick from exhaustion. When I was younger I used to get by with stimulants and ignore it. Now my body can't take that kind of abuse and I'm struggling between working for projects that have insane deadlines for...
  7. kaukusaki

Exhaustion sickness hitting me again near deadline whyyyy (sobs)

Exhaustion sickness hitting me again near deadline whyyyy (sobs)
  8. kaukusaki

How long have you been working on your game?

8 years so far but only because health problems and computer gremlins got in the way
  9. kaukusaki

November 2020 Goals and Progress Thread

Working on weekly levels challenge
  10. kaukusaki

Suddenly arrived to work and got the pink slip on a contract O_O wait, did i forget something...

Suddenly arrived to work and got the pink slip on a contract O_O wait, did i forget something??? (sobbing in corner rn)
  11. kaukusaki

Do I have to talk to my bank again?

I had that happen to me before. I suggest you get fraud protection service so every time there's something going on with your account you'll be notified. I'm with a credit union and there's auto holds on my account until I approve the transaction. However if I go outside my "normal" activities...
  12. kaukusaki

Which RPGMaker engine did you start with?

read about psx rpg maker in EGM bought it and for the PC side imported 95 because i realised it's a lot of work and having a rapid dev kit was easier XD hustled for imports until legal copies became available. made lots of weirdo games in 2k/2k3. My fav downtime was making games in all the...
  13. kaukusaki

Are Spreadsheet Based Animations being 'Removed' from RPG Maker MZ?

@Nuxill Woot I'll have to track it down
  14. kaukusaki

Can't login to my Shop Account

will degica shop items be merged with account purchases from old login?
  15. kaukusaki

That art was tripping me out :kaoswt:

That art was tripping me out :kaoswt:
  16. kaukusaki

RMMZ Party-shared TP Bar

That's a cool idea
  17. kaukusaki

Are Spreadsheet Based Animations being 'Removed' from RPG Maker MZ?

@Schlangan I agree having 3d animations on a 2d plane looks odd. I'm an artist, so it doesn't bother me much to make new things for RPG Maker. I use the RTP as a template anyways and go ham XD It's not hard (for me) to come up with new effects. Yes, the spritesheets can be limiting, but I'm...
  18. kaukusaki

RMMZ RPG Maker MZ is now AVAILABLE!

@Touchfuzzy I did check out the videos and wasted 2 hours feeling like a brick. I'm not sure why I'm not getting it. ;_;same with Dragonbones...
  19. kaukusaki

RMMZ RPG Maker MZ is now AVAILABLE!

@Emanzi @Lion Blade Soler I'm all for free stuff/open source software, like Effekseer, dragonbones, tiled, paint dot net et al that help lower the barrier of entry for indie game devs in order to keep up with what other studios are doing. I just don't find Effekseer easy to use and too slow in...
  20. kaukusaki

MZ generator parts - shadowing issues

The men's eyebrows folds show up on darker skin colors on both steam and standalone versions. I thought it'd be darker to match like the frown lines? :unsure:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

'Tis the season to see shipping prices and go 'Yikes'.
Welp, the bullying hadn't let up so I decided to make him a marchpane cake with Miku Hatsune on it, cause marchpane is his favorite food. :3 I wish I knew how to bake better. I'm better at making non-bake homemade candy sweets. :kaothx:
RPG Maker Games Critique with @StudioBlueGames, Episode 13 starts now! In Collector, megacorps rule the penthouses and gangs rule the streets. What adventures will we find! Watch now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arkirizh