Search results

1. Sinathor

But... But.... But.... But that would take.... *GASP* effort!

But... But.... But.... But that would take.... *GASP* effort!
  2. Sinathor

The problem with tokenism is that it creates stereotypes. By putting a black person, or a gay...

The problem with tokenism is that it creates stereotypes. By putting a black person, or a gay person into the game just because you "should", tends to make them be defined by the fact that they are black and gay. And that is ****ty character design. And quite frankly, it generates this idea that...
  3. Sinathor

Developers have the right to put anything into their game without getting crucified. Tokenism is...

Developers have the right to put anything into their game without getting crucified. Tokenism is BS. Adding more female, black, or gay characters just for the sake of adding them is the most retarted thing I can think of when it comes to character design.
  4. Sinathor

Been remaking some face graphics. Some feedback would be lovely (I'm not a graphics artist, btw...

Been remaking some face graphics. Some feedback would be lovely (I'm not a graphics artist, btw. But trying my best.) http://i.imgur.com/ovaLWJs.png
  5. Sinathor

Ixias - Stellar Complex (Old-school Cyberpunk RPG)

Thanks a lot ^^ The game is progressing nicely (And actually, I only just now realised that this was actually approved on this site... Eh. :P Time to update the post.)
  6. Sinathor

Ixias - Stellar Complex (Old-school Cyberpunk RPG)

IF YOU WANT TO FOLLOW THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME, I AM MUCH MORE ACTIVE HERE: http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/27893-ixias-stellar-complex-testers-wanted/         Ixias - Stellar Complex is an old-school RPG set in a futuristic dystopian city. It has been over 60 years since the Great...
  7. Sinathor

What are you working on?

I've been doing some late minor adjustments to my game as it's nearing its completion. Stuff like, filling up plotholes, drawing missing graphics, composing missing music and fixing bugs. Game is starting to near its beta stage :)
  8. Sinathor

Game & Map Screenshots 5

Beautiful! It's amazing what you can do with default graphics if you just put some thought into it. That's as good as default graphics get, I think! So good job! The hotspring is a great addition. Makes the town special. I'd think about the auto-shadows though. They look extremely out of place...
  9. Sinathor

Game & Map Screenshots 5

Been working on the second area of the Wall Market district in my cyberpunk rpg "Ixias - Stellar Complex". And here's what it looks like at the moment:
  10. Sinathor

What languages can you speak?

I speak Finnish natively. And I'm more or less fluent in English. I actively study Japanese everyday and I'm getting somewhere with it. I can also speak a tiny bit of Swedish and German. After I've tackled Japanese to a good level (JLPT N1, 2200 kanji), I'm going to move on to Korean. And I'd...
  11. Sinathor

Game & Map Screenshots 5

[/SPOILER] Looks good! There's nothing particularly wrong about the map. It may be a tiny bit too open (unless that was what you were going for) and I don't personally like how the trees look in a cluster, but that's more of a tileset problem, not a mapping problem. Overall, I think it looks...
  12. Sinathor

Game & Map Screenshots 5

I think you're over-analyzing a bit :D What I meant was that I was just inspired by a movie-like yakuza image. And you're correct, my game IS indeed a cyberpunk game and has absolutely nothing to do with actual yakuza. So it's not like it's supposed to look like a real yakuza office. My game...
  13. Sinathor

Game & Map Screenshots 5

Oh I know. It bugs me constantly. I never do anything like this with walls. At first I thought I'd have the upper walls as just one tile thick, and in that case it would've worked since it wouldn't have auto-tiled it. But when I added the city outside the windows, I had to close the rest of the...
  14. Sinathor

Game & Map Screenshots 5

Went for a yakuza-style office for this baddie. (Not that I know at all what a yakuza office looks like. I don't deal with the wrong crowd!)
  15. Sinathor

Post Your Music

Thank you so much for the feedback! I've been working on the updated version for Shattering the Machinery of Existence with more (and louder) strings. With also a bit more special climax. The start is long on purpose as it's a battle theme that comes only once, and it'll have dialogue before the...
  16. Sinathor

Can't seem to make my story into an interesting game...

I once wrote a huge and deep storyline to a game I was planning on making. Then I started the game and realized that I just can't turn the story into a coherent -game- experience. It had waaaaay too much downtime to be interesting as a game, and to fix that I would've had to add meaningless...
  17. Sinathor

Game & Map Screenshots 5

Been working on a new area called "Broken Bridge", associated with a side-quest in "Ixias - Stellar Complex". Tell me what you think!
  18. Sinathor

Game & Map Screenshots 5

Looks nice! However, what came to my mind is that you should maybe try using the Flood Fill tool to the transparent areas (that will turn black in game) with the upper wall tile. Not sure if I explained this correctly :D But I think it would make more sense if the upper cave walls would be...
  19. Sinathor

What do you do besides RPG Maker?

- Wake up - Go to work - Eat - Get back from work - Make game - Play piano - Study Japanese - Study more Japanese - Study Japanese culture - Study Japanese - Eat - Play a game (Right now.... Risen 3 and Final Fantasy XIV) - Watch an episode of AKBingo - Sleep Repeat to forever. :D
  20. Sinathor

Romantic subplots in games?

Romantic subplots are great....... In Final Fantasies. Those are probably the only games from the top of my head, that handle the subject well (Mind you, I've only played FFI - FFX and FFXIV, the MMO, so I don't know anything about the FFXIII and its billion sequels). The writing and...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think I've created a monster.
...and I love it. <3
Today represents my one year anniversary of throwing out the tile map. :LZSexcite: One year ago my game looked like...

And now for those that don't know, it looks like..

What a year, what a year indeed. RIP Tile Map, nobody misses you. :LZSwink:
There is now a demo released for [Beyond the Mirror]! Check the team recruitment thread to learn more!
'Tis the season to see shipping prices and go 'Yikes'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lelashupe