Search results

1. Event drawing/processing distance

Sorry for that. Didn't know I needed a script. Will do next time!
  2. Event drawing/processing distance

Oh I see, thank you so much Shaz! that's exactly what I was looking for! Have a great day!
  3. Event drawing/processing distance

Wow! This worked beautifully! Yeah, the performance dropped a bit, but that was expected. I'll have to be careful with the amount of events in my maps. Sorry for my ignorance, but how many tiles have you increased the "range" of event processing? Obviously I cannot thank you enough for this!
  4. Event drawing/processing distance

Hi guys! Sorry to bother with this noob question, but I've searched through the forum to find an answer to my doubt and wasn't able to find any. Is there a way to change the distance in which events are drawn/processed? My problem is with a rather large sprite. It's 5x5 tiles and when the user...
  5. Problem with time progression event

And this is how I improved Time progression loss.. Maybe there is a better way to do so Replaced the first two lines with this:
  6. Problem with time progression event

Allright, I did what you sugested and worked like a charm. The final event looks like this: I didn't improve the time progress loss when changing maps yet, but it's working perfectly asi it is so thank you very very much for your help! If you see something that could be improved (besides...
  7. Problem with time progression event

Thank you so much for your answer! Yes, the time progress loss when changing map is something that I was planning on improving. Do you think that by the way it's written, just cutting and pasting the content of the second common event after the last line of the first one should do the trick? I...
  8. Problem with time progression event

Hi! Sorry to bother with this question, but I'm having trouble with a common event I've been working with, so any help is welcome. First of all, I know there are scripts that achieves this very easily but I really love eventing. Having said that, this is my time progression system: First...
  9. Conditional branch using Event's Region_ID

Yes! Thank's you so much to the two of you! I didn't realize there was a get location info.. Sorry for the noob question.
  10. Conditional branch using Event's Region_ID

Yes, that was what I had in mind. But couldn't find the way to store any Region_ID in a variable. I guess there should be some script call since inside game_map there is this at line 539: #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Get Region ID...
  11. Conditional branch using Event's Region_ID

Hi! Is there a way to make a conditional branch that checks wether or not THIS event is in a given region? The event is moving by a move route within itself as a paralell process. When it enters a region I would like it to behave different by controlling a self switch. I'm guessing there...
  12. Controlling self switches from common events

Hello! Sorry to bother you again. I'm not sure this is the right place to ask something else. Maybe I should make another thread, but since it's related to the concept of the portal gun before mentioned I thought maybe it's not so off topic. Is there a way to make a conditional branch that...
  13. Controlling self switches from common events

Hi! It's attached to an ítem. I'm trying to implement a portal gun, like the game Portal. Whenever the portal gun (which is associated with a button) is fired, it calls a common event. So this method works like a charm. Thank you for your help!
  14. Controlling self switches from common events

Thank you so much for your answer! It's exactly what I needed! Kudos for you my friend.
  15. Controlling self switches from common events

Hello friends! I didn't find any information about this in the forum. I guess my question is if it's possible to control the state of a self switch of an event via common events. Maybe it involves some scripting, if that is the case I would really appreciate if you could help me out! Thank you...
  16. Setting a move route for an event from within another event

Hello everybody! I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm making a cutscene for a game which envolves some explosions (Michael Bay style). I'm managing the whole scene with a couple of events that set move routes for other events (these events are only sprites, no processes). The problem...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Star citizen just announced they will develop a roadmap for their planned roadmap...
And i thought i needed order on my project... :kaoswt2:
Big City Greens had it right:
"Always back up your brain game, that's what I like to say!"
I think I've created a monster.
...and I love it. <3
Today represents my one year anniversary of throwing out the tile map. :LZSexcite: One year ago my game looked like...

And now for those that don't know, it looks like..

What a year, what a year indeed. RIP Tile Map, nobody misses you. :LZSwink:
There is now a demo released for [Beyond the Mirror]! Check the team recruitment thread to learn more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nobodyreally