Search results

1. Nilom

Which is the better practice for long scripts?

So, I use a lot of scripts in my game, that have more than the very limited 12 script lines. Now I wanted to know which of these two options is the better practice? Option A: Use a javascript shortener site, shorten the code to a single line and paste it into the script event command. And of...
  2. Nilom

Set tcr to 0 in the damage formula

Hello! How can I set the tcr (TP charge rate) to 0 within a skills formula or inside notetags evals? I tried something like a.tcr = 0 or user.tcr = 0 but that doesn't seem to be the right command. Thanks!
  3. Nilom

Changing Username or eMail?

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this kind of questions. I would like to change my username. Is that possible? I created it more than 6 years ago and it is not my current username that I use nowadays. My second question is. Can I somehow change my eMail adress, although my...
  4. Nilom

Attack X times for every 20 TP and generate no TP

Hello together! Currently I'm trying to make a skill that will work as follows: The Skill costs 20 TP But uses all of the users remaining TP For every 20 TP used, the skill will activate 1 times (User had 26 TP -> User will have the skill activated once and will remain with 0 TP after the...
  5. Nilom

Let my plug in wait until Scene_Boot.start

Hello! How can I let the code in my plug in wait until Scene_Boot.start was executed, so that I can use $gameActors.(i) and so on? Thank you in advance! :LZSsmile:
  6. Nilom

Yanfly's Skill Rewards plug in, double value display bug

I think I've come across a bug in Yanfly's Skill Rewards plug in. What I basically want to do with this skill is use up to 40 TP and recover 1% HP for each TP used. Note: I wanted the user to be able to use this ability with 1 TP, 5 TP, 30 TP, 100 TP or whatever. I didn't know how to...
  7. Nilom

Yanfly Enhanced TP set TP mode for class

Hello! I'm using Yanfly's Enhanced TP for the resources of my classes. Is there a way that I can set the TP mode for a class or if skill(x) is learned? Unfortunately it seems to me that these notetags can only be set for actors. But on the other side I'm just a javascript novice. I would need...
  8. Nilom

Turning MP into Rage, Energy, etc.

Does anyone know if there is a plugin like Yanfly's Enhanced TP but that lets you manipulate MP instead? I want to keep TP as an additional limitation for strong skills. So I would like to use MP for Rage, Energy, Focus or what not. :LZSsmile:
  9. Nilom

Using LUK as Weapon Damage

Hello together! What would be the simplest way to remove all the default LUK usage from the engine? I do not like how it is used as it can cause frustration to have states or buffs/debuffs not occur sometimes. And I also want to abuse the stat as weapon damage. :LZSgrin: Thanks in advance...
  10. Nilom

Method or Function to return right order of item pick-ups

Hello! Is there a method or a function in the RPG Maker built-in methods/functions that will return the inventory items in the correct order which they have been picked up? $gameParty._items seems to just sort the items by database ID. I know an array could be used for this but that would...
  11. Nilom

Merging Autotiles Issue [solved]

Hello! I merged the A tilesets Outside_A2 and Inside_A2 together. I didn't change the size or anything. I just swapped some of the autotiles with the autotiles of the other set. But now I have a problem with the counter tilesets. When I change them to counter in the tileset database (diamond)...
  12. Nilom

Plugin to save common events

Hello! Is there a plugin that can save common events when transfering on a different map? I have the following situation: Common Event: - code - code - code - player transfer to shop - code - player transfer back to map - code - code - code - etc. Instead of continuing the red parts above...
  13. Nilom

.push() is not a function ._. [solved]

Hello! I used .push() for a card drawing skill system before. But when I try to do something similar and store movement commands (numbers) inside an array then I get ".push()" is not a function. What did I do wrong? I just do not see it: if...
  14. Nilom

Draw Picture at event location

Hello! I try to draw a picture at an events position with: $gameScreen.showPicture(params); The event doesn't have a fixed position. I tried this: $gameScreen.showPicture(80, "picname", 1, $gameMap.event($eventID).x*36, $gameMap.event($eventID).y*36, 100, 100, 255, 0); But it doesn't...
  15. Nilom

2 Dimensional array and .push() .length methods

Hello! In this thread I was asking if my code is correct. Now I tested it and it doesn't work. I suppose it has something to do with the 2 dimensional arrays and the .push() / .length methods that I use. Example: Deck[1].length Deck[1].push(cardID) I think I'm doing something wrong. How can...
  16. Nilom

Need proper script syntax for while loop

Good evening! For my project I'm designing a class which has some "card draw" (skill draw) mechanics. It will learn a given amount of its classes skills every turn and unlearn them on the end of turn. I guess I got the basic principle of this right: The issue with it is that unlike a card...
  17. Nilom

Modify Region IDs with Script Commands

Good evening! Is there a way to delete or spawn regions through script calls, outside of the map editor? Or does anyone know a plugin which can do that? A little explanation why I would need this: I'm working on a boardgame where events get moved automatically depending on what the players...
  18. Nilom

SetMoveMoute Script for Event [solved]

Hello everyone! I'm seaching the forums and google up and down to find a working script command for moving events with a parralel process common event. What does not work in my case is everything with " this. ". Because I absolutely need the script call to be in a parallel process. Before I...
  19. Nilom

Change event location to position on the screen

Hello people. Currently I'm trying to figure out how I can move events to a position on the screen/view field of the player. I know how to move events with a script call: But how can I set the x and y position relative to the screen? I mean something like this: Thanks in advance! :D
  20. Nilom

Text based RPG. Draw multiple Strings

Hello. I plan to do a text based RPG. Therefore I wonder how I can draw multiple lines of strings under each other and let that text block be scrollable (up and down) with swiping the finger over it. This is an example how the text block could look like. You are walking through the...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Come join our stream starting at 2pm and win cool stuff! :D
Star citizen just announced they will develop a roadmap for their planned roadmap...
And i thought i needed order on my project... :kaoswt2:
Big City Greens had it right:
"Always back up your brain game, that's what I like to say!"
I think I've created a monster.
...and I love it. <3
Today represents my one year anniversary of throwing out the tile map. :LZSexcite: One year ago my game looked like...

And now for those that don't know, it looks like..

What a year, what a year indeed. RIP Tile Map, nobody misses you. :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reeman326