Search results

1. AcetheSuperVillain

Switching from Ship combat to People combat

Hello, I've been thinking about a sci-fi game where you can switch from ship-to-ship combat to character based ground combat. If you've ever seen Interstellaria or Star Trek Online, that's kinda what I'm going for. Especially STO, they have a mechanic where you can assign bridge members to...
  2. AcetheSuperVillain

Acheron Series Black Friday Rush 2019

Hi. For a long time, I've been making a series of 3D models I call the Acheron Series. There's always a big sale on Black Friday and lots of purchases throughout the holiday season, so I've been rushing to finish up products before it starts this year. In the past, I've done mostly races...
  3. AcetheSuperVillain

RMMV Various Sci-Fi Ideas

The Backstory: For a while, I felt like I couldn't do a sci-fi game with MV because there aren't enough SF graphics, and not the kind that I like. But recently, I've been finding some new mods, and I'm reasonably sure I could get a full RPG to work using pre-rendered 3D graphics (which is my...
  4. AcetheSuperVillain

RMMV 3D Grind Storm; Feedback & Suggestions welcome

I've decided to try RPG Maker MV again, using some of my 3D Acheron Series models: Map Size Battler Size I will probably also do some big Portrait size images for dialog, but I haven't done that yet. I haven't touched RPG Maker in a long time while I've been making 3D things. I...
  5. AcetheSuperVillain

RMMV Shipwreck Island (HTLM5 Demo)

Shipwreck Island: DEMO LINK: https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/1182490/preview Screenshots: Hey, what's up. I had an idea for an RPG game mechanic that would be a bit of a departure from standard JRPG fare, so I want to test it and get some feedback before deciding what to do...
  6. AcetheSuperVillain

is there a way to remove the combat system?

Hi, I'm working on making some short, king's quest style adventure games, that wouldn't use the combat system. Since RPG Maker outputs a pretty big file, I'm wondering if there's a way to completely remove the combat system to save on file size? I know you can get into the game script, but I...
  7. AcetheSuperVillain

Working with Rectangular or Isometric tiles, 3D prerenders?

Hey. I've been thinking about making an RPGMaker MV game with pre-rendered 3D graphics. I'm confident that I've got characters figured out, so now I'm working on tile maps. I'm not real sure how to proceed. First, here's an example of an environment file I've been playing with. I've added...
  8. AcetheSuperVillain

Space Survival Rogue-like?

So I've been playing space survival rogue-like games lately, like FTL, Prospector and Into the Stars, and I'm wondering about making something like that in RPG Maker MV. I also like the MMO Star Trek Online, which isn't survival oriented, but I think it's a cool way to do a space RPG. I'm...
  9. AcetheSuperVillain

Can I add DLC to a game I make in MV?

Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to add DLC to a game that I've made in MV. Specifically, adding cutscene movies, character costumes and special missions/events/episodes. I tried to look this up, and all I could find was info about installing the season pass and stuff like that.
  10. AcetheSuperVillain

Cartoon Practice

I haven't done any 2D work for a long time, so I thought I would do some practice characters: I've been watching a lot of western cartoons lately, like Danny Phantom and Kim Possible.  I'm also a big fan of the webcomic, El Goonish Shive, which has a similar look to it.  It might be...
  11. AcetheSuperVillain

Saga City (Harem Comedy RPG) (reboot in progress) (demo)

A couple years ago, I started working on a harem comedy game in VXAce.  I was not super happy with the battle system or the chibi sprites, so I ended up giving up on it.  But now, MV has emerged, with its glorious sideview battle system and Yanfly plugins, and I'm more comfortable with my...
  12. AcetheSuperVillain

How to get accepted into the official DLC?

I've been working on these 3D rendered MV character sprites.  I'm hoping to sell them to people once I have a large enough set.  I have a bunch of original characters in mind, but I thought it would be good practice and more of a sure sell to start with remakes of some of my favorite RTP...
  13. AcetheSuperVillain

I don't get Yanfly's Row Formation

I'd love to do a game using yanfly's Row Formations plugin, but I don't understand how to set it up.  I'm guessing that there's somehow a lot of lunatic mode or other plugins at work, but I'm not familiar enough with these things to figure out what I need to do.  Any help would be appreciated.  ...
  14. AcetheSuperVillain

Grind Storm (Demo)

Grind Storm: Download:  http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/2fd091242fe1a75756fd5e984eeec204 Synopsis:   Honestly, I'm not sure I want to continue making this game.  I like the general mood of the game, I'm just wondering if I should keep building on what's here or start...
  15. AcetheSuperVillain

Recurring Dungeons & Enemies

So I've been making a new graphics pack based on He-Man and similar cartoons, and I was starting to think, what if I could capture the episodic nature of He-Man too?  In He-man, the crew does travel to new exotic locations sometimes, but most episodes are shot in familiar locations, like Eternia...
  16. AcetheSuperVillain

River City Ransom MV

Could it be possible to make a 2.5D brawler battle system like River City Ransom?  Maybe not with all the little feature of RCR, but the general system would be fun.   If you're asking, what is River City Ransom?.... There have been many other games in similar style, such as Golden...
  17. AcetheSuperVillain

Elements as Jobclass (i.e. Hoshigami)

Once upon a time, there was a really really bad strategy RPG called Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth.  But this bad game had some good qualities, like its cool name, and a cool system whereby a character's elemental affinity determined their stats, skills and what weapons they were good with...
  18. AcetheSuperVillain

What theme would you like?

Hello, I am setting out to make some 3D prerendered character sets for RPGMaker MV, and I am struggling to decide what theme I should start first.  I don't have a sense of what sorts of graphics people would want, so I am asking you.  You may select more than one option.   Here is an example...
  19. AcetheSuperVillain

Newgrounds drops plugin

Hello,  I have tried to upload my project to Newgrounds, but when I play it on the site, it removes the Yanfly ATB combat plugin from the game.  I have also used the Yanfly equipment plugin, and that works fine, so it's not dropping all plugins, just the ATB combat.  I tested the index.html...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zxandris