Search results

1. Tonberries, and how to create them using assorted Yanfly plugins and lunatic scripting

The tonberry is a classic Final Fantasy monster. Everyone wants to have a slowly advancing, green, yellow-eyed, fish-tailed midget of doom in their game. However, it isn't easy to implement them. Fortunately, I, ave369, being the nice girl I am, am going to teach you how. First of all, you need...
  2. ave369's Damage Control (now 1.1)

ave369's Damage Control by ave369 Version 1.1 Introduction This plugin allows controlling skill and item damage by introducing a bottom and a cap, a la classic Final Fantasy games. Remember doing the 9999 with your attacks? This plugin will allow you to do the same and more. Features - Allows...
  3. Compatibility patch between VE Dual Wield and HIME Custom Weapon Animations

HIME Custom Weapon Animations is a very short and bare-bones plugin snippet by Tsukihime that can be found here: https://himeworks.com/files/rmmv/scripts/HIME_CustomWeaponAnimations.js It works fine, but it does not play nice with Victor's Dual Wield. Depending on the order of plugins, the...
  4. Yanfly Transform Actor Tip&Trick: Tint bug found?

I'm using this Tip & Trick by Yanfly: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Actor_Transformations_(MV_Plugin_Tips_%26_Tricks) Everything works fine... until I try to transform an actor who is under some kind of tint or flash effect. It does not matter what does the tinting or flashing (I tried it with...
  5. Script call to force an enemy encounter?

How do I force a random map encounter using a script call? It has to be a normal encounter pulled from this map's random encounter list, as if it happens usually in the game, but called by an event. What line(s) of code do I use?
  6. Waifu2x: Blur & Pixelation Buster!

I've recently tried a new image resizing algorithm called Waifu2x. It is based on neural networks and is advertised as a lossless art resizing tool. I tried it and was very happy with the results. Here is an example: an RPGXP-sized character converted into a tall character for RPGMV. As you can...
  7. Tutorials! Yes or no?

What do you think about in-game tutorials? What should they cover? Basic things about movement and combat? Detailed descriptions of how to play? Or should they only cover the unique parts of your game, assuming that the player already knows how JRPGs roll? In my game, there is the basic...
  8. Add Droppable Item during combat: what am I doing wrong?

What I am trying to code is a modification of Yanfly's Enemy Thieves snippet that would work the following way: * When enemy thieves steal your items, they are not added to the stealable item pool, they are added to droppable item pool with 100% probability. What I wrote was: As far as I...
  9. Simple passive state plugin?

Are there any other passive state plugins that are neither Yanfly nor Victor? Preferably very simple, without mumbo jumbo such as conditional passives, and maximally compatible.
  10. Active actor switching add-on for Victor ATB

One feature common to ATB systems but sorely lacking in Victor ATB is the ability to switch between actors if you have two or more actors with full ATB bars. Therefore, I make a request for a small but tricky snippet which adds this ability. TLDR: if you are using Victor ATB and have two or...
  11. Innovative and Interesting States

Are there status effects in your game that are not just standard JRPG fare such as Blind, Silence, Berserk etc and not variations on existing states such as Bleed as a special analog to Poison, etc? In my game, there is the state called Virus. It simulates a "rage virus" like effect: the...
  12. ave369's World Map Train

This is my first original resource to be shared here. It is technically an edit of the RMMV RTP mine carts, but it's a pretty heavy edit. What is it? It is two sprites representing a train steam engine and a train car, to be used on the world map if you want to have an evented train vehicle...
  13. Share Skills?

In a game I am making, there is a secret robot character, its gimmick is similar to Gogo from Final Fantasy VI: it can mimic and share skills other party members have. While I can implement mimicking all by myself, I am puzzled how to make this robot sidekick share the skillsets of other...
  14. Journal with EnemyBook, Itembook etc integration?

Here's what I am making now: I want to add a journal/quest log system. However, I cannot find a journal plugin with a specific function: integrating plugins like Enemy Book, Item Book, Battle Log, Triple Triad Card Album, etc. Basically, I need the option to execute a plugin command from a...
  15. Revive kills zombie... how?

I implement the zombie state through Yanfly's lunatic mode, and it works like a charm: healing spells damage my undead. However, I can't get how to achieve the "revive kills zombie" effect. The spells that target dead teammates refuse to target living (undead) enemies. I do not have the DLC...
  16. Eject/Vanish/X-zone state

How do I make a state that, when applied, removes the actor from the party entirely until the end of the battle while not killing them? Similarly to how FF6 X-Zone, FF8 Degenerator or FF9 Snort worked. I've tried to do it with Victor plugins by changing the battler graphic to an empty pic and...
  17. Problems with Passive Skills

I'm trying to use MoogleX's Passive Skills and Neo Crystal Engine Guardian Forces together. What Guardian Forces does it declaring one or more actors "Guardian Forces" that do not participate in the normal party but can be "junctioned" to other actors. Junctioning provides skill share: the...
  18. Float animation using Victor Engine?

Hello. I am using a nearly full set of Victor Engine plugins, including Victor ATB, Battle Motions, the state plugins, etc. Is there a way to code a Float state animation using only these tools? I read the help on Victor's Battle Motions, and there are commands to float the actor during action...
  19. Float state animation, compatible with Victor ATB

Is it possible to code a simple snippet that displays a floaty bobbing animation on a sideview actor or enemy? It should be tied to a state. I looked for similar plugins, but one doesn't work on sideview enemies, only on actors, and the other plugin that does that is Yanfly engine. I'm already...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mirla21