Search results

1. AcetheSuperVillain

Switching from Ship combat to People combat

Interesting. I've seen that plug-in before, but I didn't think of using it in this way. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks!
  2. AcetheSuperVillain

Switching from Ship combat to People combat

Hello, I've been thinking about a sci-fi game where you can switch from ship-to-ship combat to character based ground combat. If you've ever seen Interstellaria or Star Trek Online, that's kinda what I'm going for. Especially STO, they have a mechanic where you can assign bridge members to...
  3. AcetheSuperVillain

RMMV Witch's weapon ?

Ancient egypt has some fun types of staffs and talismans. The Ankh is well known, there's the Sekhem scepter, the Was-scepter. Pharaohs had the Crook and Flail to symbolize good harvest. There are Cobra scepters and staffs, the Cobra was symbol of royalty. There's a sort of made-up...
  4. AcetheSuperVillain

Names for slimes

My thing is kinda different, but maybe it'll get the wheels turning. I made a list of synonyms for my own slime monsters: Ooze, Pudding, Gelatinate, Goopian, Goo Monster, Jelly, Flan, (that's from Final Fantasy) Mucosian, Viscousian, Gunkling, Grime, Glopper, (that's from a jack...
  5. AcetheSuperVillain

RMMV 3D Grind Storm; Feedback & Suggestions welcome

You can see me using QMove in the video, I probably didn't write about it much since I covered it in the video. I think I'm going to skip QMove so that I can use a Jump mechanic. It's also just kind of a pain in the butt to set up non-grid events. I think if I were doing a smaller game or...
  6. AcetheSuperVillain

Acheron Series Black Friday Rush 2019

Hi. For a long time, I've been making a series of 3D models I call the Acheron Series. There's always a big sale on Black Friday and lots of purchases throughout the holiday season, so I've been rushing to finish up products before it starts this year. In the past, I've done mostly races...
  7. AcetheSuperVillain

Okay, so I've been developing this plan further, I've talked about it on NewGrounds, figured I should catch you guys up too. To be honest, I'm about to go through some serious upheaval in my life, so I don't know if or to what extent I'll be continuing this game, but I do want to. If you've...
  8. AcetheSuperVillain

RMVXA Consistency Between Sprites and Portraits

And maybe it does okay, it's just that as an animator, I object on principle.
  9. AcetheSuperVillain

RMVXA Consistency Between Sprites and Portraits

The old way looks better, but I think if your heart is on making more realistic, something that is half-way between these styles could work. Here are some examples of what I mean, from when I used to draw: So basically, there are lines, like a cartoon, but the actual shading is still the...
  10. AcetheSuperVillain

RMVX Setting-School

Usually, I'd say school settings are boring, but the monster-teacher angle is kind of interesting. I would say to try and put more world building into what these teacher-monsters are. There should be some specific race or collection of monsters doing this. I get a kind of alien abduction or...
  11. AcetheSuperVillain

RMMV Various Sci-Fi Ideas

I just remembered a few more concepts. - Vertical City. A friend of mine once said that Final Fantasy 7 is overrated because it's new and interesting during the first part of the game, in Midgar, but once you leave, it mostly defaults to being a run-of-the-mill RPG. And although I like FF7...
  12. AcetheSuperVillain

Thanks for the feedback. If you like the dream idea, I don't feel like I can fully take credit for that. It's sort of a twist on Link's Awakening and Star Ocean 3 (which is sort of spoilers, I guess, but those games are old enough that I feel like it's okay). Also since I mentioned him...
  13. AcetheSuperVillain

The Backstory: For a while, I felt like I couldn't do a sci-fi game with MV because there aren't enough SF graphics, and not the kind that I like. But recently, I've been finding some new mods, and I'm reasonably sure I could get a full RPG to work using pre-rendered 3D graphics (which is my...
  14. AcetheSuperVillain

QPlugins - Latest: QABS

Maybe not, I did a search for "jump" on Q's webpage and it showed up in the QABS doc. But it looks like that "jump" is something to do with skills, I don't know if it would work for jumping as movement.
  15. AcetheSuperVillain

QPlugins - Latest: QABS

Hello, I'm using QMovement's gridless motion to do some pre-rendered 3D stuff. Does anyone know if there's any jump plugins that work well with QMovement? I saw that QABS has a jump function, but I don't want a whole ABS. I tried Galv's and Yanfly's jump, but it only works sporadically, I...
  16. AcetheSuperVillain

RMVXA Strange (to me) game idea im working on

I'm a hug fan (addict) of RimWorld, which is basically like that. You and some random people are ejected from a space ship and crashland on one of the notorious untamed Rim Worlds and forced to survive with the junk that fell out of your space ship and whatever you can cobble together from the...
  17. AcetheSuperVillain

RMMV A game without speech

Have you ever watched silent movies? When I was in animation school, they used to suggest watching Charlie Chaplin movies because he was a master of conveying emotions. A lot of his work told very emotional stories with no or very minimal text. Of course, when the first cartoons were...
  18. AcetheSuperVillain

I've decided to try RPG Maker MV again, using some of my 3D Acheron Series models: Map Size Battler Size I will probably also do some big Portrait size images for dialog, but I haven't done that yet. I haven't touched RPG Maker in a long time while I've been making 3D things. I...
  19. AcetheSuperVillain

RMMV Shipwreck Island (HTLM5 Demo)

I have some hair-brained scheme about animal-people in an 1800s style fantasy world that is awakening to a psionic upheaval. No fancy gameplay mechanics, just a dungeon crawler with a distinctive setting. But I need to think about it more. I have no idea when I would have anything to show off.
  20. AcetheSuperVillain

RMMV Shipwreck Island (HTLM5 Demo)

That was the plan, but for now, I don't intend to continue with Shipwreck Island. I feel like I'm barking up the wrong tree. If anyone else wants to use something for their own games, feel free.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blablabla