Search results

1. Ailius

Using Kickstarter.

This is half a gripe, but I also would like to know if this works. So, there's this RPGmaker game on steam with a $5 price tag that has about half the content of the $1 game I'm selling. No surprise why I can't market mine...I'm not an artist. I simply lack the skills to make good advertising...
  2. Ailius

What options are there for recovering a deployed game?

My motherboard got fried and I've lost all my projects. All I've got are the deployed versions on Mediafire. I think I remember the encryption key to one of them. I saw in another thread that Archeia is the only one who can decrypt a game. Are there other options?
  3. Ailius

RMMV The Miasma[ATB]

The Miasma SECTION A: SYNOPSIS IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS SECTION B: CHARACTERS [/SPOILER] SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT [/LIST] [/SPOILER] DOWNLOAD LINK CREDITS
  4. Ailius

How do you market a game with a mystery/plot twist without spoiling it?

The title question says it all. I'm working on a game with a big mystery plot. I think the best comparison is something like The Matrix. It's something major on the 'reality isn't what the protagonist thinks it is' kind of level, but the big details are revealed in the opening act so that plot...
  5. Ailius

Moghunter's ABS - Vampires in sunlight

I had a problem - I tried researching it for the purposes of posting this thread and ended up solving it. So, I'll leave this here for public benefit. Anyway, if you want an enemy to take damage from something other than the player, make a skill that damages the user, and then have the enemy...
  6. Ailius

Episodic/Arc Game Thread II: Electric Boogaloo

Wait! Mods! Don't delete this thread just yet! I can see MushroomCake's thread. I actually have a different goal in mind, and a more technical question. I'm thinking more of making a 2 hour standalone game. But, in case it's good, I want to make it so if I decide to make a sequel, a player can...
  7. Ailius

RMMV Elsbeth's Small World [No Travel Game Jam Entry]

Content Warning: Implied Adult Activities This latest adventure ended in disaster for Elsbeth's party. The bard had attempted to seduce the orc tribe's leader and was killed for it. The rogue stole all the parties' loot in the early morning and skipped town. And the cleric decided the bard...
  8. Ailius

[Chrono Engine]Fun with dead enemies

I'm trying to make it so when an enemy event is defeated, it just switches to another state. Like the koopa troopas in Mario Bros where you jump on it and it turns into a shell you can kick around. The notetag which is supposed to do this is Dead Selfswitch Id. The problem is once the enemy...
  9. Ailius

MogHunter/Yanfly Compatibility - Summoning an Event

I'm making a game that heavily relies on MogHunter's Chrono Engine, ATB mode. I want to have an entangle skill which will function by spawning some weak immobile "enemies" which merely occupy space and prevent the player or target from moving unless they attack it. Basically, the enemy gets a...
  10. Ailius

Writing dialog for love scenes

One of the things I noticed with my last game, is I had no idea how to construct a romantic relationship. IRL, I've never had one, and have repressed pretty much all of my emotions. I'm not on good terms with my mother. Most of the IRL relationships I can observe boil down to 'he wants her body...
  11. Ailius

Filling in a plothole...siege defense vs. talking to people

I want to have a sort of siege defense game where the protagonist is in an abandoned castle and monsters are attacking her every night, but have her be able to go into town in the daytime to buy supplies, get quests, and generally talk to npcs. So why doesn't she just stay in town? I'm putting...
  12. Ailius

Heartbeat is being brigaded

MOD NOTE: This issue naturally lends itself to political discussion and hate speech - both of which are not allowed here. Anyone who wishes to join this discussion must remember to: DO NOT USE OFFENSIVE TERMS FOR ANY GROUPS OF PEOPLE. DO NOT DISCUSS POLITICS. Keep the discussion focused on this...
  13. Ailius

Playing Both Sides - Fantasy RPG on the Sea

Playing Both Sides Warning - Offensive Words, Implied Sex, Culture War SECTION A: GAMEPLAY MECHANICS SECTION B: STORYLINE/PLOT SECTION C: CHARACTERS SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS DOWNLOAD LINK Yes, there was previously a thread for the demo version...
  14. Ailius

Credits Menu

Is there a way to make an in-game credits menu? I'm not asking if I can make a readme file, or a room with a bunch of npcs thanking people.
  15. Ailius

RMMV Demo - Playing Both Sides

Playing Both Sides Warning - Politics, Implied Sex, General Offensiveness SECTION A: GAMEPLAY MECHANICS SECTION B: CHARACTERS SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS DOWNLOAD LINK
  16. Ailius

New user in need of expectations management.

I recently got RPG maker, and am starting out trying to create a game. That, however, is another thread. I have a couple of questions more related to real life. My background is that I've got a BS in Math, and once tried a career that involved helping the world and my community with out...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thank you all angels so much! I've received fanarts, fanfics, song cover, and Ko-fis and such wonderful messages already! T uT Look at this message I'm crying (Ko-fi was being mean saying it was anonymous but she was like nooo it's me and showed me).
Working on using DreamX's prefix suffix plugin to create unidentified weapons, armor and sellable loot. The weapons and armor will always draw from the highest tier you have the ability to create, keeping them relevant throughout most of the game. The loot is going to be the fun part! Let's just say I doubt I'll have any unused item entries
... I updated an enemy I drew last year.
My dynamic weather system grows... now with cloud cover influenced by wind speed! (4x playback) (Not final cloud image/map)
Wrote a plugin today that allows you to assign BGM, Battlebacks, and even Battle Entry SE's on a per-troop basis. Introducing a random encounter with a high-pitched Chicken Squeal is worth it all by itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemaMaster