Search results

1. Tool for remove unused variables and swtiches in VX Ace

Oh, I see! Thank you for the explanation! :)
  2. Tool for remove unused variables and swtiches in VX Ace

Thats actually not true. Switches and variables act different than events, and their ID's wont shift up when you delete them manually. I would like to write a tutorial about the distributed program, and I dont want to show the unused variables in the pictures, because it may confuse the reader...
  3. Tool for remove unused variables and swtiches in VX Ace

The mentioned project is for education purposes, therefore it's not really good, if I leave in some unused variables and switchies. It will probably confuse the user, which I dont want, of course. If I know it correctly, the program could do both. So if there were missing resources it could...
  4. Tool for remove unused variables and swtiches in VX Ace

There is a program called RMTool for RM2k and RM2k3, which scans RPG Maker games for missing files and gives instructions on how we can fix them. My project is pretty huge, and I want to be sure, that I didn't left any unused variables, switches, events in the final product. The problem is, that...
  5. Priority Queue, Skew Heap, Fibonacchi heap for A* pathfinder

I already read this article, but the problem is, that I also have to use the 'default' Array methods (each, include?, empty?) in my script on the same array, so I can't just change it to this PriorityQueue, since I'm not enough good in coding and I cannot write these core methods myself. :/ I...
  6. Priority Queue, Skew Heap, Fibonacchi heap for A* pathfinder

I would like to optimise my A* pathfinder by storing it's open list in a priority queue. As far as I know, Ruby - and RGSS3 - does not have a priority queue implementation in its standard library. Sadly, I'm not an expert in scripting, so I would really appreciate, if somebody could help me...
  7. My game starts lagging if the map is too large

Sadly, none of the suggested methods are working. Because the player is - probably - always moving, the distance is between him and the chasing event is not changing, therefore the big 'calculations', where the script stores the current tiles and parents is always the same size, if not bigger...
  8. My game starts lagging if the map is too large

The point of my game is, that the enemy continiusly calculates the optimal path toward the player's character. The script has to be paralell, since the player can move and therefore its position changes. Do you know any solution, where the game doesnt lag in that case?
  9. My game starts lagging if the map is too large

Sorry if I'm posting my thread in a wrong topic, but since Im still new I still need some time to adapt the structure of the site. I have a huge project, where I make a pathfinder in RGSS3. So my problem is, if my dungeon is big ( for example 100x50 tiles), and the pathfinder event is far...
  10. Spaceship operator in RGSS3

Oh, I see. Thank you!
  11. Spaceship operator in RGSS3

I've made my own custom type of comparable objects, where I use the <=> operator. My class looks something like this: The interesting part comes, when I remove the include from the beginning. The program will run without any errors, moreover, it will use my methods.
  12. Spaceship operator in RGSS3

So the other day I wondered, that is it possible to use the combined comparison operator (alias the spaceship operator <=> ) in my RGSS3 script without including the Comparable module? I ran a basic experiment and it turned out that I could indeed run my game without including it, there was...
  13. Dropping objects to block path

I'm currently working on a project where a monster is chasing the main character through a labirinth and the player can get an item which will transfer him to another labirinth filled with other monsters I ask your help to help me making a script, if the player pushes a button then...
  14. Dropping objects to block path

I managed to get player's X and Y coordinates, but where can I modify them? The block spawns on the player and not front or behind of him. Is there a way to make the drop with just 'one button press' and not via selecting it in through the inventory? For better understanding: I followed this...
  15. Dropping objects to block path

I'm currently working on a project where a monster is chasing the main character through a labirinth. I would like to make script (or an event mechanism), if the player pushes a button then automatically drops an object - or an item from his inventory - just front of himself to block the...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thank you all angels so much! I've received fanarts, fanfics, song cover, and Ko-fis and such wonderful messages already! T uT Look at this message I'm crying (Ko-fi was being mean saying it was anonymous but she was like nooo it's me and showed me).
Working on using DreamX's prefix suffix plugin to create unidentified weapons, armor and sellable loot. The weapons and armor will always draw from the highest tier you have the ability to create, keeping them relevant throughout most of the game. The loot is going to be the fun part! Let's just say I doubt I'll have any unused item entries
... I updated an enemy I drew last year.
My dynamic weather system grows... now with cloud cover influenced by wind speed! (4x playback) (Not final cloud image/map)
Wrote a plugin today that allows you to assign BGM, Battlebacks, and even Battle Entry SE's on a per-troop basis. Introducing a random encounter with a high-pitched Chicken Squeal is worth it all by itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemaMaster