Search results

1. JDevain

Is there a way to make BGM not automatically loop?

@Shaz Thanks, Shaz. I understand what you're saying. So I guess the question then is: how in the world does one create a playlist that isn't just the same song looping over and over again? I mean, I know a way to do it if you stay on the same map the whole time, but what if you are traveling...
  2. JDevain

Is there a way to make BGM not automatically loop?

Hello. Let me describe what I'm trying to do. You're on Map 1 and a song (BGM) starts. You transfer to Map 2 and the song continues uninterrupted. So far, no problem. Then that song ends, and a parallel process is checking every 60 frames to see if a BGM is playing. If not, then it starts a new...
  3. JDevain

Script call for show animation (wait) -- (it's the "wait" part I don't get)

@YoraeRasante Yes! The second one worked. I wasn't implementing it right when I tried it before. Thank you so much!
  4. JDevain

Thanks y'all for trying to help me with this, I've tried all suggestions, but so far nothing works. I mean I could always just use something like: $gameMap.event($gameVariables.value(25)).requestAnimation(5); $gameMap._interpreter.wait(30); But then I'd need to know exactly how long the...
  5. JDevain

@YoraeRasante It's not in a common event. I tried $gameMap._interpreter.setWaitMode, but it didn't make any difference.
  6. JDevain

@pasunna in the editor I have to specify exactly which event to show the animation on, but I don't know which event it's going to be, thus the $gameMap.event($gameVariables.value(25)).requestAnimation(5);
  7. JDevain

Well, I've tried it a bunch of different ways, including: $gameMap.event($gameVariables.value(25)).requestAnimation(5); this.setWaitMode('animation'); if that's what you're asking. To keep it simple, on a fresh project with no plugins I tried: $gameMap.event(2).requestAnimation(5)...
  8. JDevain

Hello. I want the current event to trigger animation #5 in another event (whose ID # is set as the value of Variable #25), so I have: $gameMap.event($gameVariables.value(25)).requestAnimation(5); But how do I make it wait? As in finish playing the animation before executing the next line. In...
  9. JDevain

using a condition to check if player is moving diagonally.

@ozubon No, that doesn't do anything, at least for me, same behavior as before. However, I did figure out that I could just use: and that works just fine. Didn't need any script calls after all. Thanks anyway!
  10. JDevain

using a condition to check if player is moving diagonally.

Hello. I'm using Galv's Diagonal Movement plugin. I want to set a condition to check if the player is facing diagonally. In the Conditional Branches "Script" field, to check if the player is facing down, I'm using: $gamePlayer.direction() == 2 That works, no problem. But if I use a diagonal...
  11. JDevain

Hoping someone can make this compatible with Yanfly's Self Switches and Variables

@theartofme HA! YESSS!!! That seems to work perfectly. Thank you so much! This one was really important to me, and I really didn't think it would be as simple as that (although I can't say that I fully understand it yet). Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  12. JDevain

Hoping someone can make this compatible with Yanfly's Self Switches and Variables

Hi there. I have a modified version of Galv's Puzzle Functions. What the original did (among other things) was to allow an event to flip a self switch in an adjacent event. For example, in the Autonomous Move Route's script command you could put this...
  13. JDevain

Asking for help modifying a plugin

That did indeed work, thanks! Unfortunately, it doesn't work with Yanfly's Self Switches and Variables which makes it not very useful. The idea was that I could have a bunch of different self switches instead of just 4. So I'll try to sort that out next.
  14. JDevain

Asking for help modifying a plugin

Hello. I'm trying to modify Galv's Puzzle Functions script. Here's his terms of use. I suppose I could have put this in Plugin Requests, but I decided it probably belongs here, because I want to understand why what I'm doing isn't working. The original script allows you to trigger an adjacent...
  15. JDevain

Map Inventory MZ + MV (visual grid inventory)

A couple of questions: What if I only want a single category, like "Items". Is there a way to change all 4 pages to just "Items"? If so, would the second page start filling up after the first page is full? And then the third page once the second is full, etc.? Also, is there a way to just get...
  16. JDevain

Condition for "if event 41 is erased" or "if event Self Switch C for event 41 is on"

Hello. By using Yanfly's MoveRouteCore I have an event set to move to event 41, but it will move to that event even if the event has been erased. Is there a way to check to see if an event has been erased? If that's not possible, then a second (but less desirable) option would be to check if...
  17. JDevain

@Zekken Oh, I see. I didn't realize that it's RPG Maker itself that limits items at 99 (which is so freaking stupid), because I always used my own item system with variables. EDIT: I didn't want to use Yanfly's gigantic plugin for this one little thing, so I just run this script on startup...
  18. JDevain

Amazing plugin, I (and I know many others) have been wanting something like this for a long time. One question: is it possible to change the limit of the number of items from 99 to 999?
  19. JDevain

Game & Map Screenshots 11

@Nicke Wow. Very nice interface. I'm impressed. It looks really pro. And the map looks good too. You're one of the good ones. How long have you been working on this, if you don't mind my asking?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I spent ages to make this image and still dont like it.. How would you showcase a bunch of levels/maps in one single image?
Thank you all angels so much! I've received fanarts, fanfics, song cover, and Ko-fis and such wonderful messages already! T uT Look at this message I'm crying (Ko-fi was being mean saying it was anonymous but she was like nooo it's me and showed me).
Working on using DreamX's prefix suffix plugin to create unidentified weapons, armor and sellable loot. The weapons and armor will always draw from the highest tier you have the ability to create, keeping them relevant throughout most of the game. The loot is going to be the fun part! Let's just say I doubt I'll have any unused item entries
... I updated an enemy I drew last year.
My dynamic weather system grows... now with cloud cover influenced by wind speed! (4x playback) (Not final cloud image/map)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemaMaster