Search results

1. Darkanine

I had a similar interaction with an old 'friend', only he wouldn't even say it to my face and...

I had a similar interaction with an old 'friend', only he wouldn't even say it to my face and kept whining to one of my friends that me having a girlfriend as making him upset, and refused to move on.
  2. Darkanine

I'm just annoyed because they stopped being free the day later, been to busy to really get them...

I'm just annoyed because they stopped being free the day later, been to busy to really get them. Still, beats Steams "boy 10 games, get 1 game 5 dollars off" "sale".
  3. Darkanine

I tried that, actually. I think it's conflicting with some commands and caused the game to more...

I tried that, actually. I think it's conflicting with some commands and caused the game to more or less crash. I found the problem though, some event was calling a CE that didn't properly close off, so it would've have really worked anyway. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  4. Darkanine

@Wavelength I think i've listened to the entirety of Rubber Soul trying to find out what's...

@Wavelength I think i've listened to the entirety of Rubber Soul trying to find out what's wrong...I think I pinpoined the issue though. @Neo Soul Gamer. I'll look into that. If it was a video, I could just temporarily remove it, but since this event is so dang evented I can't change a thing...
  5. Darkanine

Are school-themed games boring?

I can't remember the name for the life of me but their was a SNES JRPG where you played as preschooler. I don't think school really played a part in it though.
  6. Darkanine

TFW an event at the very end of a long cutscene isn't triggering correctly so you're constantly...

TFW an event at the very end of a long cutscene isn't triggering correctly so you're constantly replaying a 5 minute sequence to see if you fixed it. Ugh.
  7. Darkanine

Your "political opinion" was saying gay people were out to get you and that, *gasp*, gay people...

Your "political opinion" was saying gay people were out to get you and that, *gasp*, gay people and people of color are in video games and movies. Give me a break.
  8. Darkanine

RMVX Setting-School

2003 is pretty limited from what I hear since I don't think it supports custom scripts, but XP still had a userbase last I checked. VXA or MV are generally the best softwares though, depending on personal preference, though, since they support stuff XP and VX did (VXA is just a straight up...
  9. Darkanine

RMMV A colorblind protagonist

Finn in Adventure Time was colorblind. What they did there to make it a challenge for him was he often couldn't follow instructions when it came to color (he saw an emerald as a ruby in one episode) since people didn't really know of his affliction, so puzzles like that could work. As for...
  10. Darkanine

What makes a good Isekai game? What to avoid?

Theirs an old Isekai RPG from the 90s called The Magical Land of Wozz, it wasn't a fantastic game, its gameplay was filled with half-baked ideas that seemed cool on paper but weren't fleshed out that much and the combat system was really easy to break, but I feel like it got the "isekai" aspect...
  11. Darkanine

Rumors of the New World, what are you favorites in fantasy?

Ah sweet, my setting actually revolves around a "New World". My main character is a cartographer who ends up sailing to a continent south of her home island based heavily off South America, with the dominant forces being an empire heavily inspired by the Inca. They end up befriending a bunch of...
  12. Darkanine

The songs that get stuck in your head

This...song. My friend sent me it a week ago and it's been stuck in my head ever since.
  13. Darkanine

Disable camera targeting the player?

It might require some tricky eventing, but this might help, I do it for similar things. Make a dummy actor with no graphics. Make sure they joins the party after the battle ends, then remove everyone else to make sure they're the party leader, then transfer them to where you need the camera to...
  14. Darkanine

Deaths in anime, gaming, and manga

Anime deaths never really did it for me. The closest thing to make me genuinely sad was the deaths of Sammie, Kim, Vanessa, Claudia and Gloval in the last episode of the first Robotech series, and that was mostly because I was sad because their deaths were so wasted all to conclude a drawn out...
  15. Darkanine

I have long since accepted the fact that after my death, I shall be conscripted into the...

I have long since accepted the fact that after my death, I shall be conscripted into the Skeleton War.
  16. Darkanine

1 hour Dark Souls is just insane to me.

1 hour Dark Souls is just insane to me.
  17. Darkanine

I usually just spam the quickest way to die to get something like that. Feels more like a...

I usually just spam the quickest way to die to get something like that. Feels more like a timewaster than an achievement.
  18. Darkanine

December 2019 Goals and Progress Thread

November was pretty taxing for me, with thanksgiving, lots of family reunions, being ungodly broke and personal drama, and December is looking to shape up to be about the same.:yswt: My main goal for December is to finish my games opening, refine my cut-scenes a bit, redesign a few NPCs that...
  19. Darkanine

Ah, I see. Well, their are bad apples in all groups, it's not surprising piracy is rampant in...

Ah, I see. Well, their are bad apples in all groups, it's not surprising piracy is rampant in Japan as well I guess.
  20. Darkanine

What was it?

What was it?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I should make an itch.io page one of these days...Maybe for my next large update.
whoops, forgot to get started with Advent posts! coming shortly!

Another demo of the dynamic cloud cover system, this time complete with the original soundtrack composition (which sounds even goofier at this 2x playback speed). Much left to tweak but I like it so far.
And now, some custom emotions to give the character life... :kaoslp:
First Person Combat Test Video. Simply showing off a very early concept video for an open world 3D game in MV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbyssalLizard