Search results

1. PixelLuchi

RMXP Cover Your Eyes - Survival Horror

While I'm not a fan of horror in general, custom graphics are always a + in my book so that alone gets me interested. ^^ It certainly looks unnerving enough with its muted, washed-out pallete and browns and greys, despite the cute chibi sprite.
  2. PixelLuchi

Revenant Gods - Ragnarok Chronicle - #Statement about Revenant God's music and its "composer"

First impressions Ok, let me get the obvious stuff out of the way.  Graphics Menus are slick, great UI design but can feel a bit clunky when navigating between all the different options. I normally like to have all possible options for playable characters ( like stats, skills...
  3. PixelLuchi

Revenant Gods - Ragnarok Chronicle - #Statement about Revenant God's music and its "composer"

Going to give it a whirl now (I've been keeping an eye on this project for a long time and I can't believe you're not selling it xD). Btw, you may want to remove the sunbeams from the caves. Doesn't make much sense, tbqh.
  4. PixelLuchi

Game & Map Screenshots 8

@Ronove: Yeah, it's really difficult to get cliffs right. xD That was my fourth or so attempt to 'break' the grid, lol. I'll just have to keep practicing.
  5. PixelLuchi

Game & Map Screenshots 8

Testing out moar custom gfx. 
  6. PixelLuchi

Decorating maps

@ManofDusk: You're already making some pretty basic mapping errors. One of them being that your map is far too large and there's too much empty space. The large building size has already been mentioned but you could also put them closer together. One trick I use when I map is to get a quick...
  7. PixelLuchi

We're looking for VX Games !

Sure, I've made around 3 games in VX. =)
  8. PixelLuchi

The Resource WIP thread 2

Take two. Fixed up the cliffs, did the trees and shrubs from scratch ( actually, everything in the screen is done from scratch xD ) and added a bit more contrast to the treasure chest. Older image:
  9. PixelLuchi

Crunch's Pixel Resources (Updated: 15/9/16 - Battlers)

Sure, I'll put up the newer male base as soon as I'm done with it. =) A purdy map testing out my private resources. Already got some helpful C&C to fix up some niggling mistakes. Oh the horror of pillow-shaded trees!
  10. PixelLuchi

Ok, so I fixed up the cliffs again. Now I'm asking those pixel artists ( or anyone with a sharp eye, really ) to see if anything looks odd or off in the below screenshot. =) I love getting feedback because I know it will only make me better in the long term. One could almost say I'm greedy...
  11. PixelLuchi

Game & Map Screenshots 8

@dsiver144: Love your use of colour. =) It's so vibrant but the style is still distinct enough that I don't confuse it with all the Earthbound/Pokemon style of pixel art that seems to be popping up now.  
  12. PixelLuchi

Game & Map Screenshots 8

Added some more content to my custom tileset. The trees are still a placeholder. I'm not too fond of the 'puffy' styled trees as they look too cartoonish for the style I'm going for. Filled out the earlier map I posted.
  13. PixelLuchi

Game & Map Screenshots 8

Testing out more of my custom tiles. With effects.
  14. PixelLuchi

Luchi-chan's Lighting Tutorial.

Glad I could help. I'll probably end up making a general tutorial on how to make your games visually appealing without resorting to fancy menus/scripts. =) So it won't just apply to mapping and atmosphere.
  15. PixelLuchi

Kept my old sprite, redid the texturing on the cliffs and grass.
  16. PixelLuchi

Game & Map Screenshots 8

Testing out more custom graphics. The cliffs will get an overhaul ( colours are too harsh, doesn't tile perfectly. cliff tops still need work etc. etc. )
  17. PixelLuchi

Testing my old and new resources side by side. I've finally dissected the anatomy of those blasted auto-tiles. xD
  18. PixelLuchi

Game & Map Screenshots 8

A map I made with the default MV tileset ages ago.
  19. PixelLuchi

Crunch's Pixel Resources (Updated: 15/9/16 - Battlers)

I may do some tutorials so others can learn pixel art too. =) I was pretty terrible when I started out at first, tbqh. Pixel art is 90% colour and 10% form, after all.
  20. PixelLuchi

First RPG game you ever played

Phantasy Star IV. It left a long-lasting impression on me and actually got me into designing my own jRPGs.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SF_Monster6 added!

Wonder when the next theme contest is coming?
Long time no see. I'm aiming a vertical slice / tech demo for my game featuring a series of boss battles this month. I hope I could get some testers.
So which forum do I use if I want to showcase graphics? I've been using AML forum, but I'm not sure it's correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captianfm