Search results

1. Rhino

MV School Music Thread!

I want to start by saying a huge thank you to everyone who submitted their music to the first round! We loved your entries so much that we decided to continue to keep music submissions open, and hopefully build up a soundtrack for the school. (Well let’s face it, you do get a bit tired of...
  2. Rhino

MV School Round 1 Winners & Round 2 Announcement!

Hello everyone! Thanks for your patience! It took a while to reorganise everything in light of the decision to implement a story mode, but I’m delighted to finally be announcing the winners of Round 1 and the launch of our new submission round! We really enjoyed going through everything that’s...
  3. Rhino

Script call to get filename of Actor's images?

Hello! I'm looking for a way to store the filename of the actor 1's current face/character/sv images (set in the database), into variable(s), and then compare if it's equal to 'example.png' I'm hoping it can be done without any external plugins. (I know it's a strange bit of info to require...
  4. Rhino

SumRndmDde's Character Creator-EX plugin: F.A.Q's

Disclaimer: I am not the creator of this plugin. I don't understand javascript and I can't help you with complex issues. This is just a list I've put together to answer some commonly asked questions! This plugin is NOT recommended for beginners to the software. Unfortunately I don't have time...
  5. Rhino

Menu Background Filters

Hiya :kaojoy: This request isn't dire but I think it's a bit of extra cool customisation- that is- changing the filter (the default blur) behind menu windows! I've tried using these older plugins, however they're no longer compatible with MV 1.5.1+ I do know that MOG's pixi filters plugin...
  6. Rhino

RMMV IGMC Hidden Gems!

There's been so many amazing entries into this year's IGMC, but with 250 things to look at, it's really easy for games to go under the radar. I wanted to share some games that I think deserve more attention than they're getting. These have made it on my list for the clear amount of effort, high...
  7. Rhino

Simplified Item Menu

Hello, I'm trying to make a simple item scene! Unfortunately I can't use Sumrndmdde's Super Tools Engine due to an incompatibility, so I'm hoping someone who understands the code can help me out and create a new scene! Here's a terrible mockup of what I'm after; Basically, key items and no...
  8. Rhino

(IGMC related) How to survive a tight deadline?

A month to go. Attempting to make a complete game around an hour of competition-worthy playtime. How do you cope? Do you have any tips on how you remember to look after yourself, take breaks, keep things fun instead of stressful? I made the rash decision to enter yesterday afternoon, and since...
  9. Rhino

Select Item

Lesson description: As the name suggests, it explains how to use the select item command. There's also some additional detail about Item Types, and suggested plugins. Download Suggestion for the project: Setting up teacher names, since switch 22 is the universal 'player is currently a lesson...
  10. Rhino

[Closed] MV Community School NPC Workshop!

Hello, welcome to my workshop! :kaohi: This is open to any characters for the RPG Maker MV School Community Project! Whether you want a custom sprite piece, a unique expression, or a behaviour, I'm here to help out! Rules: One character per person Only for Veterans (30+ posts) Don't make...
  11. Rhino

Is it possible to control multiple picture IDs in one script call?

My game uses a lot of pictures, so eventing can get quite messy. I was wondering if there's a way to control multiple picture ids within the same script. E.g. I wanted to write something like $gameScreen.erasePicture(1, 2, 3); but it only erases 1. Am I writing it wrong or is it just not built...
  12. Rhino

TRADE (Closed) Looking for Mapper/Level Designer!

This game is currently in the early development stage. We'll be using default rtp maps to later be updated when a mapper joins the team. Engine: RPG Maker MV Disclaimer: This game has lgbt themes. Heir to the throne of Alundria, Princess Yvenne finds herself in a difficult position: does...
  13. Rhino

Therese Battler?

Hello, does anyone know if there's a battler (full body view- not sv chibi) for Therese/Actor 1-8 for MV? I looked through the Base Resource/ Extra Assets and the "what the RTP is missing" thread, but I haven't been able to find her. It doesn't have to be RTP style, I'm actually just looking...
  14. Rhino

Creative Block Support Thread!

Hey guys, since it's really easy to get burned out when making a game, I thought it'd be nice if we had a support thread for help and inspiration! Post your tips and tricks on how you stay motivated, fight a creative block or show off some improvement to inspire others! The tips can be as...
  15. Rhino

Show Picture During Message

Hiya, Hopefully this isn't too complicated of a request. What I'm hoping for is a plugin that allows me to use an escape/message code during a show text command to show a picture. The code should look something like \pic<Picture ID, Filename, X, Y> It should work as a normal show picture...
  16. Rhino

Talking Character Busts!

Hello! I’d like to request a plugin to make talking character busts possible! The basic role of this plugin is to show a looping animation for as long as text characters are being drawn in the message window. There’s no ‘vanilla’ way to do this with eventing. I think talking busts would be an...
  17. Rhino

[SOLVED] Yanfly + DreamX Picture Common Events Setup Help Needed

I'm trying to use Yanfly's Picture Common Events and DreamX's Addon to allow the player to open up the menu during dialogue and save/load the game. DreamX's add-on works to allow the player to click on the picture + run the common event during dialogue, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to...
  18. Rhino

Rhino's Random Resources [Updated: 1/8]

Rhino's Random Resources ToS: Credit: Kadokawa & Rhino Usage: Free for Non-Commercial & Commercial Games Reposts: Ask first Edits: If you make any edits you'd like to share, please do so on this thread! Avoid reposting them without asking. Maker Required: RPG Maker MV Requests: I'm not currently...
  19. Rhino

Give Item to Event (Gift Giving System!)

“Select Item” is a new feature that was introduced to RPG Maker MV. This tutorial aims to explain and give some examples on how to use it. Covering the following: (For beginners) What the select item does and how to use it Eventing a gift giving system How to gift weapons and armors...
  20. Rhino

"ProjectShouldOpenSTE" File in Game Location

I have this file that appears in the location where all my projects are. "Attempt4" is the main project I am working on. When I open the file, all it says is 999. I've tried deleting the file, but it keeps coming back. As it's not showing up on any other project, I'm guessing that it must be...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker
Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sulthorne