Search results

1. Lorenze

Keep battle HUD on-screen while messages/dialogue display

Hello all. Normally, when a message is displayed during battle, the remainder of the battle HUD disappears until it's gone. Due to the way my message system works, I would like to disable it and have the HUD stay on-screen while messages are up. Here's how my HUD is normally setup (I'm using...
  2. Lorenze

She Dreams Elsewhere

You wake up in a foggy haze with one hell of a headache. The way ahead is dark and foreboding. You remember who you are, but not a lick of how you got there. And to top it all off, you’ve got a persistent, bloodthirsty doppelgänger chasing after you. Welcome to your coma - enjoy your stay...
  3. Lorenze

Is college worth it?

Hey guys. I'm a junior in high school, which basically means my teachers and parents keep going on and on about college. It's getting pretty exhausting. I just wanna ask you guys - is it worth it? Why or why not? What are some alternatives? Some extra stuff about my situation if you're curious:
  4. Lorenze

Fonts

Alright, so this is a weird topic, I know. But it's been annoying me way more than it really should be. I'm legitimately curious - why do so many Ace devs use VL Gothic for their fonts? Besides the RTP, it's the #1 thing on Greenlight that instantly tells me it's an RM game. I know it's basic...
  5. Lorenze

Target Scopes + YEA Battle Engine Compatibility Patch

Hey guys. I'm using Tsukihime's Target Scopes script combined with Yanfly's Battle Engine. I wanted to have certain skills target reserve allies (to restore HP, apply a buff, etc.), but I'm having some issues. Currently, whenever I use it, the game crashes and I get this error: I've looked...
  6. Lorenze

[Ace] Target Scopes/Ace Battle Engine + Static XP/Victory Aftermath Issues

Hey guys. I've got two game-breaking bugs that need to be solved. Bug #1: Ended up just requesting a compatibility patch over here. Bug #2: Many thanks to anyone who can help me out with this!
  7. Lorenze

Vlue's Resolution Options + Fullscreen

Hey guys. I'm using Vlue's Basic Window Resizer to implement resolution options in my game (640x480, 1920x1080, etc.). So far, it's working fine, except for two little things. First, the resolution option selected only works in windowed mode, not fullscreen. I was just wondering, is there any...
  8. Lorenze

Yanfly Skill Restriction - Minor FTB Edit

EDIT: Nevermind, I was just being dumb. Carry on. Hey guys. I'm using a combination of Yanfly's battle engine with Free Turn Battle and his skill restrictions script, among others. This is all fine and dandy, except for one small thing concerning cooldowns and warmups. In the default battle...
  9. Lorenze

Damage Increases as HP Depletes & Removing MP from HUD | Willing to pay if necessary

EDIT: Solved. Many thanks to Mr Trivel. Hey guys. Not sure how simple this might be to script. I'm using Yanfly's Free Turn battle system, and one of the mechanics I've come up with to balance battles goes like this:  The less HP you have, the more damage you deal If your HP is full, then you...
  10. Lorenze

Howdy - again.

Hey guys. The name's Gav (or Gavin, Avvy, Miroku, etc.). I've actually been around here for awhile, being one of the users that came from RMVX.net when this site went live. I've been pretty busy with game dev and life for the past few months, and kinda took a break from coming here, but now...
  11. Lorenze

Detect if a controller is enabled

Hey guys. I have a request for a (somewhat) simple script. I just want something that can let the game know when a controller has been connected into the computer. Not being actively used, just connected. I'd also like a script call that can check if it's connected during the game, as well...
  12. Lorenze

[Ace] Schala Skill Crash

Hey all. I've been having a huge issue with Mog's Schala battle system. Every time I try to use a spell beside the original 81 (and some of the originals, as well) from the demo, the game crashes on me and gives me this error: I have no idea how to fix it, and it's pretty much brought...
  13. Lorenze

Equipping skills?

Hey guys. I was recently thinking about skill implementation, and was wondering if it was right to have the player be limited to 10 equipped skills at a time. Pros: +Player doesn't have to scroll through huge skill list +Player has to strategize their arsenal better Cons: -Player doesn't...
  14. Lorenze

What are the best/worst puns you've ever heard?

Face it, there's always at least ONE pun that's actually pretty funny. (I think all of 'em are since I LOVE puns) Anyway, what the best/worst ones you've ever heard? I've got a few. How does Moses make his coffee? HeBREWS it! (What, you didn't like that? Jew gotta be kidding me.) I asked a...
  15. Lorenze

Simplified MOG Quick Tool Select

EDIT: Nevermind, figured out how to do it myself. Thanks anyway! Hey guys! All I need is a simple modification of Mog's quick tool select script for XAS. Here's what I need: Removed "Skill Select" window (my game doesn't use skills), so when the player brings up the tool select, it goes...
  16. Lorenze

Commercial usage for Etolier's resources?

Hey guys. Just wanted to clarify the terms of use for Etolier's resources regarding commercial games. Main Site Terms of Use Thanks in advance!
  17. Lorenze

Living Save Points?

Hey guys. I was thinking about having the savepoints in my game be talking cats, each with a different name and personality rather than generic orbs/crystals. However, I think people would think I would be ripping off Mother 3, since frogs were its savepoints. I'm just asking if you think I...
  18. Lorenze

Tips on balancing & scaling a non-linear game?

Hey guys. My game use a semi-nonlinear style of gameplay.  There's a tutoiral-ish level, then you get three preliminary levels to choose from in any order. After that, there's a story event, and you get two more stages (in any order), another story event, and finally the last level. My...
  19. Lorenze

Super Rope War

DOWNLOAD HERE! DISCLAIMER! This game was created for the 2013 Cleveland Summer Game Jam in less than 48 hours. It's pretty (slightly intentionally, though) unbalanced, very short, and not very pretty in some aspects. However, unless there's a game breaking bug, I won't be working on this again...
  20. Lorenze

DLC in RPG Maker

What do you guys think of it? As far as I'm concerned, it is possible, but is it worthwhile to do so? As far as DLC itself, I have no qualms for it. It's excellent for adding new and fresh content and replay value to the game, and can help expand its lifespan. However, DLC is total crap when...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's Saturday already. Last Saturday felt just like yesterday. o_o
I really need to stop adding more levels to this thing already...
My computer is now on the dead list. Parts and Services stopped two days ago for this type.
someone help my thread has been silent since the initial post I just wanna make a goddamn game
People3_6 and People3_7 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sachixxx