Search results

1. TeiRaven

Modern Stairs

What kind of "regular" stairs do you want? Wood treads with painted risers? All wood? Completely covered in carpet? Wood with a carpeted runner? The stairs in my house look much different from the stairs in my friends' houses. Can you add a picture of some stairs you like?
  2. TeiRaven

Free sprites and tilesets? (modern version preferred)

The short answer is: if you can't find the terms of use, don't use it. And this put a big dent in my personal archive of XP resources, because a ton of them came from sites that were--in hindsight--full of reposts from who-knows-where. Some I've been able to track down the original artists (and...
  3. TeiRaven

picture to tileset

You need to provide those reference images before anyone is is going to consider accepting your request. Please use the Resource Request Form, it really helps people to know what you want and decide if they want to take it on.
  4. TeiRaven

Friends read my game's script and said it needed work. Looking for advice!

Well, yeah, of course I read the whole thing. How was I supposed to give helpful feedback if I didn't? XD Glad to be of service! Looking forward to the next draft.
  5. TeiRaven

Friends read my game's script and said it needed work. Looking for advice!

Well this is awkward, one of us is gonna have to change XD I, too, have a place in my current project called Caligo, haha. I think you have an interesting premise here! I found the plot easy to follow, but I agree on the points you listed above--the pacing is very fast, the characters aren't...
  6. TeiRaven

Both tiles and sprites, actually! I thought the ways you used the head variations to create...

Both tiles and sprites, actually! I thought the ways you used the head variations to create different actions was super clever. But in terms of what I'd like to see a future tutorial on, I was thinking of tiles.
  7. TeiRaven

I've really enjoyed your spriting tutorials! The secret door and opening cupboard/drawer/box...

I've really enjoyed your spriting tutorials! The secret door and opening cupboard/drawer/box ones were probably my favorites. Have you done one on your usual workflow in terms of creating an item from scratch--that is, your process of adding shadows and highlights? I always have trouble making...
  8. TeiRaven

(XP) Removing fade in from facesets with Dubealex's Advanced Message System?

Ahh, that IS a subtle fade. I see it in mine too, now that you mention it. I don't have any wisdom on how to change it, but I see what you're talking about.
  9. TeiRaven

(XP) Removing fade in from facesets with Dubealex's Advanced Message System?

https://gdu.one/scripts/rpg-maker-xp/advanced-message-script/ Here's the script for reference, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the fade in. I don't notice any fade-in when I'm using it. EDIT: I am not at all sure why the link description says it adds a rock, paper, scissors minigame...
  10. TeiRaven

[RMXP] Problem with Tileset Import

Hi there! What you downloaded looks like it might have been a preview for a tileset, and scaling it up was a good idea! But as you can see they're quite blurry, and yes--might not fit quite right on the grid. I do usually build my tilesets one square a time, on a template with the grid squares...
  11. TeiRaven

Looking for train BGS.

Please forgive the necropost--I found your thread when I was searching for train-related resources myself, and I had similar issues finding train BGS. So I made one! I'm not an experienced foley artist, but if this helps you, you're welcome to it. Free for commercial and non-commercial, credit...
  12. TeiRaven

Custom Windowskins not showing up when Show Text is used?

Hahaha, I very much don't! I'm not a scripter by any stretch of the imagination, for the most part I'm out of my depth in anything script-related--I just happen to have the same script in my current project, and I toyed extensively with those particular settings. Glad I could help!
  13. TeiRaven

Custom Windowskins not showing up when Show Text is used?

Was it Dubealex's AMS? Because yes, that one does have a way to specify a different windowskin for your textboxes than your menu! If you're using Dubealex's script, the windowskins are controlled on Lines 64 and 65--you can specify a windowskin for the main message box, and a windowskin for the...
  14. TeiRaven

Looking for a tailors loom/spinning wheel

I know that Avery has them for RMXP--I thought PandaMaru had them for VX/MV, but I'm not seeing them now. You might be able to resize the XP ones, or try Avery's MV thread for new versions.
  15. TeiRaven

Best way to create emotes?

I second Sheklon's suggestion! If you take a look at how the default emote animations are laid out on the page, you should be able to create any additional emotions you want.
  16. TeiRaven

Is it too late for new assets?

Here's another one of those anecdotes from the Life of Tei that I hope might be of some interest or perhaps even help-- Games were never a big part of my life growing up. I never owned a console, most of the games I played were puzzle-type games (Bejeweled, Chuzzles, Luxor, etc) that I found on...
  17. TeiRaven

For tilesets, I don't use a lot of placeholders. Really, I probably should, because that's where I'm stalled on my current project--what do I want the world to look like? Do I want it like this? Like this? Like that?? So your plight is familiar XD However! For facesets and sprites, I am very...
  18. TeiRaven

I'm going to come at this from the "do I have to do all the work again" side, and the answer is still "it depends." There are definitely ways to use stand-in graphics that you wouldn't have to redo everything...but it will require some planning. For things like Characters and Portraits, as long...
  19. TeiRaven

Where to start?

Haha, if you'd caught me eight years ago or so I could've written up a detailed introduction with captioned pictures and the whole bit. Maybe someday I will, since it looks like the tutorials in the tutorial forum are all pretty specific. Maybe it would help get me out of my art block XD Here...
  20. TeiRaven

Where to start?

Oh boy, where to start indeed. Welcome to RMXP! First, I'm going to direct you to the RMXP Tutorials Forum, because it's great resource to have on hand. But as far as your two more specific questions, those I can answer! XP handles characters and animated items on a single-file basis. In fact...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone else here think that closets are claustrophobic?
People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D
Holy stink, where have I been? Well, I started my temporary job this week. So less time to spend on game design... :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WeakliestPine56