Search results

1. boikish

RMMV Yanfly Equip Core - Dynamically Changing Equip Slots

Thanks for the info. It's good to know, and maybe I can use it to help piece things together. I'm wondering if it would be possible store the equip slots in an array and upon game loading run a common event that applies that. My only concern would be changing equipment before loading forcing...
  2. boikish

Normal Attack Element = Fire Issue

The default weapon attack element is always Element ID 1. Sounds like your Fire element is ID 1.
  3. boikish

Normal Attack Element = Fire Issue

@DarkPlasmaBall Do you have equipment (unequipped, just existing in your database) that adds the Fire Element to your characters' attacks? If so, go to your game folder > data > and open Actors.json From here, take a look at the line of text that says, "equips":[] Is there anything in the...
  4. boikish

I will give that a try and report back. Edit: Unfortunately, I don't think that this works. It appears that defining the equip slots in the Subclass does not carry them over to the primary Class. Subclasses would likely work if all equipments were unique, however, each character can equip two...
  5. boikish

Chain Commands (quicktime event minigame)

Hey @mjshi thanks for the plugin. Just want to make you aware that it appears to be incompatible with Irina's performance upgrade. Specifically the "Blur Menu Background" function. Setting it to true causes the following error: TypeError: value.addLoadListener is not a function at...
  6. boikish

JavaScript questions that don't deserve their own thread

The <Critical Rate/Multiplier Formula> tags are for use in Skills/Items. I'm looking to make the change in a state. It works for addition, but not subtraction, and I'm unsure why.
  7. boikish

Hello all, I am using Yanfly's Equip Core plugin (http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Equip_Core_(YEP)) to assign equipment to my classes: As the game progresses, I have characters change classes to gain access to additional slots: However, I have a few issues with class changing being the solution...
  8. boikish

JavaScript questions that don't deserve their own thread

Working with Yanfly's Critical Control plugin: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Critical_Control_(YEP) Having an issue where subtracting a percentage from Critical Multipliers just doesn't seem to work: Switching the `-` to a `+` works perfectly, but I'm looking to lower critical hit damage when a...
  9. boikish

RMMV Yanfly's Event Chase Player often only plays default alert sound

I had this issue as well. Best workaround I had was moving the alertSound earlier in the route.
  10. boikish

RMMV Multiple currencies plugin help.

You can use Yanfly's More Currencies Extension. But you also require their Shop Menu Core. I use both, and use game variables as an alternative currency.
  11. boikish

Utilizing Notes to Perform Damage Formulas

The skill should add a state to the user. Within the state you can modify the parameters to your liking. For example:
  12. boikish

How to get an actor to step out of character, move and interact

In the bottom left of the event window, you'll see the following: Set "Through" to on. You can also do this in the move route window:
  13. boikish

RMMV YEP Event Copier Plugin Command

Can you not just use the event spawner plugin instead? You would run a conditional branch, and then choose which event to spawn using script calls.
  14. boikish

RMMV Attempting to add possible item drops to Yanfly Libra skill

This is pretty tricky because of the way the game stores item drops.... If each enemy only drops a singular item you can do something like the below: var dropId = $dataEnemies[target._enemyId].dropItems[x].dataId; var itemName = $dataItems[dropId].name; text = ('Loot ' + itemName)...
  15. boikish

Trihan's lunatic notetag workshop (MV)

@Trihan Appreciate you doing this. Very helpful, and I've learned a fair bit just from reading the thread. Wondering how to make a passive state that increases Critical Hit Damage and Critical Hit Rate by user.killCount()/1000 with a clamp of (0,400). So at most, both params are boosted by 40%...
  16. boikish

Skill changing damage/effects depending on state.

In the damage formula, you can put the following: (a.isStateAffected(x) ? 2 : 1) * (a.mat) - (b.mdf / 2) Where X is the ID for the Pyromancer state. The number before the colon (in this case 2) would be used if the user is affected with the state. You can modify it however you please.
  17. boikish

How do you add a main menu option from a separate plugin? (YEP)

@mkrudesign I just tested and it worked for me. Can you show a screenshot of your plugin with the code in it? And also your plugin manager showing all plugins.
  18. boikish

How do you make permenent control switches?

http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Meta_Controls_(Olivia)
  19. boikish

How do you add a main menu option from a separate plugin? (YEP)

Unsure if this will work but under the line "Menu 99 Main Bind" put the following: SceneManager.push(Scene_Picture_Gallery)
  20. boikish

Questions regarding Yanfly's Visual HP Gauge plugin and creating a "Scan/Libra" skill

Regarding your first question, just change the numbers inside the brackets: \px[100] is the left most column, \px[400] is the center, and \px[700] is the right. Regarding your second question, I will have to do more research.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Minus 1 fixes everything" ~ @Tea's Jams

lol, it's true
My game is a puzzle-RPG fusion about non-euclidian geometry, with the main combat system being running through mazes created by the bosses before time runs out, and most of the enemy names and designs are math puns... Is this original enough or need I go on? :kaopride:
I really hope that people like to read my "devlog" in this post. I made a little habit to always go on this post every month and update my progress it's a great way for me to tell myself this: You can do it!
Made a surprising amount of progress in these past two days. Really helps when parallax mapping breaks limitation and allowing me to be creative and make maps that match my vision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeAndreFlyboi1