Search results

1. PK8

The Self Data Suite support thread

So I've been looking around the forums for quite awhile. As I was looking around, I had began to notice that my Self Data Suite series of scripts had become something of a big deal. So much so that people had found the Suite in a very obscure folder in my Dropbox (For a period of time, I had my...
  2. PK8

Cross-engine scripting and RGSS/Maker version detection (8/4 update: Added polls!)

Although this thread involves the $imported variable like my two other threads (See: Improving $imported and $imported[:SCRIPT_LIST]), this one is not quite as related to those two since it isn't focused on bettering compatibility checks. This thread is going to shine a light on proposing two...
  3. PK8

$imported[:SCRIPT_LIST] (A companion to the proposed expansion of $imported)

If you would still like to discuss the potential merits and disadvantages of using the proposed expansion of $imported, or if you'd like to suggest new key/value pairs one could use, click or tap here. This topic is in some way a response to estriole's reply about the way Victor Sant handles...
  4. PK8

Improving $imported (7/23 Update: Start suggesting keys/values!)

The $imported variable. I wasn't always a huge fan of it... until I made a topic questioning why scripters use it. Once I read the responses to it, I understood its purpose. Since then, I grew to love it for the usefulness it provides. It makes for a great way to check if certain scripts were...
  5. PK8

Japanese Games Suck.

Quite the necropost, I know, but you guys might want to check this out. Japanese Games “Just Suck” Target Has a Message for Phil Fish: Thank You
  6. PK8

Character limit counter for statuses and comments?

I notice that long-winded statuses and comments tend to get cut off with a "..." without much of a warning. I was wondering if a counter for how many characters you have left to type into an input form (ala Twitter and YouTube) is going to be implemented? If a counter isn't possible, then how...
  7. PK8

Title Skip 3 (This doesn't render Scene_Title useless)

Title Skip 3 Introduction If you're familiar with Title Skip scripts, you should be familiar with the functionality here and the opportunity such scripts allows for developers to build their own introductions. Unlike most Title Skip scripts (and even my older ones), no methods were...
  8. PK8

Title Skip 3 (This doesn't render other methods in Scene_Title useless)

Title Skip 3 Introduction If you're familiar with Title Skip scripts, you should be familiar with the functionality here and the opportunity such scripts allows for developers to build their own introductions. Unlike most Title Skip scripts (and even my older ones), no methods were...
  9. PK8

Title Skip 3 (This doesn't render other methods in Scene_Title useless)

10. PK8

Editor Tiles

Editor Tiles Introduction This script allows users to mark certain tiles as "Editor Tiles," which means they will only appear in the editor. This is useful if you want to leave little developer notes and markers to yourself for your project (examples: Marking start points, check points, and...
  11. PK8

Editor Tiles

Editor Tiles Introduction This script allows users to mark certain tiles as "Editor Tiles," which means they will only appear in the editor. This is useful if you want to leave little developer notes and markers to yourself for your project (examples: Marking start points, check points, and...
  12. PK8

Editor Tiles

13. PK8

Iconset Index Selection Tool

Iconset Index Selection Tool This was a tool I thought up while eating breakfast one morning. Then I figured I'd go take a break from a project I was working on to build this. A few minutes after beginning development, I realised Ace had a way of displaying the Icon's Index when selecting an...
  14. PK8

Changing the tone of bitmaps?

If you abuse Hue Change enough, the bitmap begins to turn greyscale. Try setting the hue in the hue_change call to 960 and see if you get any results.
  15. PK8

2-Player Split Screen Effect?

Heheh, kind of funny. You know... a scripter... requesting a script. Heh. Jokes aside, I was wondering if anybody wants to fulfill a request of mine. A split screen versus mode was something I had in mind for this project I'm working on, but I don't quite have the knowhow when it comes to...
  16. PK8

Eventually, it's free.

Okay, laugh if you will, but I'm debating on wanting to "go commercial" however I haven't completely made up my mind yet (edit: I most likely won't). The inspiration for the thread came from me watching a documentary about a YouTube personality which used to have a price tag but eventually...
  17. PK8

The RPG Maker Zine

Hello, necro! Wow, I feel like the biggest rear end in a top hat in the world for not replying to this. Sorry. I am definitely not leader material, but whichever's more efficient and can be displayed in several places is more efficient. :O I'd like to see this but someone's got to become a...
  18. PK8

When there's too much replayability

Right now I'm still penning ideas for a game I'm looking to make. Possibly unlockables and modes. So I couldn't help but feel curious as to whether there is such a thing as a little "too much replayability," and if so, how would you look at it from a (commercial) developer and player's...
  19. PK8

A "Save as Draft" feature for Threads and Replies?

Heya, thought I'd request a neat little feature. How about a Save as Drafts feature for creating threads and posting replies? I think it might be handy, especially when making lengthy (and possibly complex) posts that you could save and work on for later. What do you think?
  20. PK8

Titling Spoiler Tag Variant

It's been a few months since I've been a member here but I still can't help but find it weird that this forum lacks a spoiler tag that lets you title the spoiler, especially since I'm so used to using titled spoiler tags elsewhere. Do you guys see yourselves implementing it soon? Yeah? No? Just...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)
so like with the whole 'familiarity breeds contempt thingy', how are you supposed to tell if your title screen/battle music gets really tedious after a few dozen plays or if you're just personally hella sick of it?
YAY!!! My third help Guide STEAM integration in MV (High performance) has been posted!

Both the polls for the 3rd Original Character Contest ended with 5th place ties! So let's break those ties. Vote now for your favorite of the ones tied!

werewolf and his friends added!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arc115