Search results

1. musicalgenocide

Using script calls with Yanfly's Event Copier

Hello, Trying to figure out if it's possible through a simple script call to select one of five template events through RNG. I have a chest event that has random items in it. When the player enters the map, I would like to generate a random number to a variable (1-10) and then use that...
  2. musicalgenocide

Randomly Generated Dungeons (Mostly) Through Events

Now hold on a minute, fellow RPG maker user. Don't sell yourself short! It doesn't matter what you are trying to learn - game design, music, welding, photography, ice sculpting, etc; the more time you put into it is the result that you will get out of it. Regardless of how you feel about the...
  3. musicalgenocide

Swapping tilesets is interesting, I hadn't thought of that. Given the scope of all the randomness I'm trying to achieve, I figure there's going to be some bugs to root out sooner or later. That's why I'm trying to get the logic/concepts down and make sure I'm doing everything right before I...
  4. musicalgenocide

Hello everyone, First of all, thank you in advance to anyone that reads all the way through this - I realize it's a lot. Basically, I am hoping that some of the community is able to share some insight around the logic of what I am trying to do; possibly showing me an easier way or confirming...
  5. musicalgenocide

Help with Common Event

Okay, that worked perfectly. I guess I was overthinking it - I figured since I was calling a common event, it wouldn't know the map ID and event ID, and I would have to put them into variables to get the common event to recognize it. Thank you!
  6. musicalgenocide

Help with Common Event

I am trying to make a common event that is called when the player is trying to open a locked door. The idea is for the event that is locked to store the variables of the map ID and the event ID, then call the common event "Open Lock." Control Variables: [0041:lock - map id] = Map IDControl...
  7. musicalgenocide

Stack level too deep error when calling common event from battle

I downloaded both scripts and added them, this error log is all that I get. I tried the    TH.trace_system_stack on line 1 and 712, doesn't change anything, it still produces the same error.   error_log.txt
  8. musicalgenocide

I went down the list for every script, checked all the blanks, there are no duplicates in the same page or a different one. The error message doesn't even list a line or script; but it does highlight line 1 of GTBS Sprite_Battler_2 when I reopen the script menu. 1 class Sprite_Battler_GTBS <...
  9. musicalgenocide

The title is the gist of it, I'm trying to make (what I thought would be) a relatively simple event that causes a random skill to be chosen and used when a certain skill is used. The idea is that there is a "microphone" weapon which contains the skill "Melody." When the player uses "Melody" it...
  10. musicalgenocide

Player can't move after conditional branch resolves

Okay, I apparently I was in the middle of messing with a common event and accidently left the trigger on autorun. I hadn't tried play testing the game for any other reason than to mess with the skill tree, so I hadn't noticed. Autorun was indeed the problem, just not on that map... thank you for...
  11. musicalgenocide

Turning and moving are blocked. No Autoruns on the map, not even any parallel processes. To debunk passability, I tried making a brand new map on nothing but grass tiles, with the event trigger set as "action button" and the priority set as "below characters" (so I could just walk over it if I...
  12. musicalgenocide

This seems conceptually pretty simple, but for some reason it's just not working for me. The idea is that the player would be walking around on a skill tree that's actually just a map with events. The map contains several small islands, and each island would have a few different paths leading in...

Latest Profile Posts

I finished playing Shadows of Adam. With just the increased stat monsters and keeping gear from completing game, I didn't feel much motivation to play new game plus. I feel that there should be new content to discover if new game plus is part of a game, like Chrono Trigger's multiple endings, or the Diablo series' vast collection of loot and lore items.
A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
Hey guys! Good news!
I just released the Games from Brazil - Part 2 on my Youtube Channel! I am really happy that part 1 had 100 views and I hope more people will be interested to see the potencial of Brazilian Game Devs!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS